Reply Rude Discussion
Let's talk about Ska Weekend '07!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zom B McFlesheater

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:53 pm
...and how much it fraking blows that I can't go.

I'm mostly upset about missing The Slackers.

At least I get to go to s**t Warped Tour and get to see The Toasters and Big D...and The Matches.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:29 am
Maan. Im sorry, that sucks sad
Warped Tour's line up this year was bad except for the ska. How was Big D and the Toasters by the way?

Frankenska

Slag10

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:21 am
im sure their wrped sets sucked compared to any of their real shows. and you should be less upset about the slackers and more about missing a ska legend like Symarip. also a show with django and Dr. ring ding. Ive been living in TN all my life and this is the first year ive been able to go.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:43 am
Your lucky you even get to go to warped(sp?) tour.

I don't get to go! And a really awsome band is playing from my city and I know the guys! T__T

Have fun at Warped(Sp?)  

Left Handed Bandit

Status Quo Joe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:59 am
I'm going with my friend.
He's back from Rehab so were going.
Fatter than Albert are the s**t.
I'm friends with the bassist.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:44 am
No one here wanted to see bad religion at warped? fine. be like that.

but the toasters were great at warped, and so were the fabulous rudies. Big D was great, but it was mostly the new album, so the crowd for it was all like beh. so it wasn't as fun as if the crowd actually did s**t.

Dance

Guns of Navarone

Slag10

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:29 am
Guns of Navarone
. Big D was great, but it was mostly the new album, so the crowd for it was all like beh. so it wasn't as fun as if the crowd actually did s**t.

Dance
funny.. i said the same thing about them when i first saw them and "How It Goes" was about drop... to this day i've never heard them play anything off Shot by Lamdy live.... crying  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:22 pm
Late report on Warped Tour onSunday in Englishtown at Raceway Park...

The Toasters were great, like I expected anything less. Crowd participation and all that jazz. I was excited when they started out with 2 Tone Army, since that was the first song I ever heard by them when I started looking into their music way back when.
The only problem was some dumbass shirtless guy who's skanking looking more like krumping, and he refused to go over to the circle where everyone else was skanking. He then asked the obligatory chill ska dude to move, so he could dance, and he just pointed at the circle, then the stupid kid made faces behind him and I punched him. "Sorry. Skanking."
There was also this kid who was only 13 or 14. He seemed cool I guess, like he was a ska fan, not an idiot who liked the band's name. It looked like he was enjoying the music, but he was really nervous. It was probably his first show. I liked his shirt though. It said 'YourSpace Sucks'. Glad to know I'm not alone in my anti-MySpace battle.

I finally realized how much The Matches blow when I went to see them and couldn't enjoy the music.

I missed Big D because I'm a ******** pushover and said it was alright if we left before they went on to get out before the traffic.

I also saw The Spill Canvas since I was there with my older sister. Not bad, not great. They're kinda 'meh' to me.

So now that I'm done rambling, let me know if you were there on Sunday. I wanna know what you thought.  

Zom B McFlesheater

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:02 am
ok so, then no one here likes bad religion? or we just not gonna say anything since they're not a ska band?

and yes, the matches suck.

andd as far as big d goes, I think I've maybe heard like a few songs from shot by lammi but then again, idk. don't remember too much.

Dance

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:30 am
probably cause they arent ska XD.... too bad Big D refuses to play old stuff live as far as i can tell...¬_¬

im kinda glad theres not gonna be alot of really popular 3rd wave bands at ska weekend(eg: streetlight, Suburban legends, Big D)... it will hopefully keep out the rif raff wannabe scensters.  

Slag10

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:03 pm
... I just recently noticed Big D's gotten big, which is weird, b/c they didn't get big til strictly rude came out here, but no one really knows any of the songs from strictly rude. lol.

and Suburban Legends is big? haha last 2 times they came here me and my friends were the only ones who knew them. haha this time I'm taking my friend cuz she wants to see them dance and play whatever disney cover they will. lol.

Dance

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:32 am
Guns of Navarone
No one here wanted to see bad religion at warped? fine. be like that.

but the toasters were great at warped, and so were the fabulous rudies. Big D was great, but it was mostly the new album, so the crowd for it was all like beh. so it wasn't as fun as if the crowd actually did s**t.

Dance

I wanted to see Bad Religion at Warped. Couldn't make it though. I might see them in September though so hoorah.

Frankenska

Slag10

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:21 am
one day left.... im hitting up the Nashville pre-show with Dr Ring Ding, Django, The Drastics and AKA Rudie.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:45 pm
freaking amazing! ill have some photos up next week ^^ Dr. Ring Ding and EST were amazing sets  

Slag10

Rude Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff