Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Please help; beginner who needs a LOT help deciding Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Saint Of Demons

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:42 pm
Ok, I am fairly new at this not even 4 months...and i need a little huge nudge in the right direction. I am still 'in the dark' if you will of most practices and need guidance and mentoring. Below are some things I am interested in as practices/religions go.
I have been looking at The German Furthark runes and studying them, and I must say they have changed my view on things but the religion I don't really like.
Although I do NOT believe in any amount of deities NOR do I WANT to because what I believe that humans ARE alone in the sense of guidance but I do believe there to be 'demons', 'angels', and other more human entities that exist for the sole purpose to interfere whether it be 'demons' to tear everything apart and add a sense of chaos to the world. 'Angels' who put a false sense of hope and protection to cover up the corruption that truly exists. Or human entities that do the same as 'demons' but on a smaller scale only striking fear and revenge.
I am however very interested and attracted to magic whether it be ceremonial magic or just low magic.
I have been looking up White, Gray, and Black witches. I am slightly confused on these if someone could please explain.
I am drawn to the much darker aspects of life and believe that humans cannot be pure only evil and negative. I believe however that animals are pure (minus a few such as the snake).
Aside from these as somebody who wants to learn I am equally interested in symbols of any religion. From the pentagram to the cross to the hexagram. So a practice that involves symbols would probably entice me.
I would prefer a practice that involves solitude. I am not a person to go into a 'cult' if you will and practice with others. Now at the same time I would like it to be adaptable to maybe a few others say a partner (girlfriend/wife for me) or a friend or to.
As well I LOVE nature to the extent that I've spent every year of my life since I was 2 (parents told me...I liked nature books being read to me) studying it.
Also...what are the dark arts? Sounds like something i might like but it also sounds like it ties in with the Christian god of evil satan...explanation please?
More will be added as I continue to grow in this field.

Please help I would very much appretiate any of it.

NOTE: When information is given I most likely will not edit this if it affects it.LOL  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:58 pm
Oh by the way by signature may reflect Wiccan symbols (i've been told...) but i just find them cool they do not express my choice in practice/religion  

Saint Of Demons

Estrella Eterna

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:55 pm
White, gray, black witches?

I (and a lot of other people) don't see magic as having a color. To say that there are white and black witches seems silly to me. But a "white witch" would practice magic that isn't used for personal gain or harms anything. A "black witch" is one who practices darker magic, personal gain, and wouldn't mind harming others. Or maybe an African witch rolleyes

I wasn't aware that German Furthark runes was a religion. Care to explain?

If you believe in Angels and Demons maybe you should think about the possibility of different gods too. It's your choice though.

Erm...I know that some people use angels and demons in ceremonial magic. Can't remember the name and I don't recommend it (based on personal experience) but you can look into that if you want. The dark arts? Where did you get that from? I suppose that it might involve Satan...look into Satanism if you want. There's about a billion different kinds.

You sound really confused. Maybe you should just keep learning about different things and contemplate more on your beliefs.

I hope this helped a little...good luck.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:21 pm
Estrella Eterna

I (and a lot of other people) don't see magic as having a color. To say that there are white and black witches seems silly to me. But a "white witch" would practice magic that isn't used for personal gain or harms anything. A "black witch" is one who practices darker magic, personal gain, and wouldn't mind harming others. Or maybe an African witch rolleyes

I can't understand why people think this equivocation of the meaning behind this term is clever at all. Initially the idea of "magic having colors" seemed Silly to me; then it was clear to me that it was more of an Ethical thing.

Or as others have said to me they see it as (and I quote) "Using the negative and destructive natures of the 5 Elements to achieve the same ends"

I finally concluded that it was much like the Concept of a Jedi and a Dark Jedi. They both use the same force; but different accepts for ultimately the same end.
(did I just reveal how much of a nerd I am?)

Quote:
I wasn't aware that German Furthark runes was a religion. Care to explain?

It's in the same Category of religions as "Cuniformism" and "Latinaz". lol

If you believe in Angels and Demons maybe you should think about the possibility of different gods too. It's your choice though.

Quote:
Can't remember the name and I don't recommend it (based on personal experience)

Are you Referring to the practice of the Ars Goetia, or the Magical System which John Dee and Edward Kelly created/discoverd (commonly known as "Enochian")

On ward to the Young lass:

Saint Of Demons
Although I do NOT believe in any amount of deities NOR do I WANT to because what I believe that humans ARE alone in the sense of guidance...

Amazingly, there are Thesitic relgions which maintain just that. I suggest you take a look into the concepts of Deism, and Pandeism. Or Polydeism (I doubt you'll agree with Polydeism but it's worth the look)
Quote:

I am however very interested and attracted to magic whether it be ceremonial magic or just low magic.

I suggest Going to your Local Metaphysics Shop and asking where they hide their Grimoires.
Quote:

I have been looking up White, Gray, and Black witches. I am slightly confused on these if someone could please explain.

*see above*

Quote:
I believe however that animals are pure (minus a few such as the snake).

I'm interested why you make the distinction in the case of the snake, and which aspect you think it embodies.

Poor Snake always gets the shaft when it comes to dolling out symbolic significance.

Quote:
So a practice that involves symbols would probably entice me.

Symbols, Magic...

Hermeticism? That might suite you...though there is considerable "god work", but i suppose one could succeed at the Trismegistus without the concept of gods....in theory. Maybe.
Quote:

I would prefer a practice that involves solitude. I am not a person to go into a 'cult' if you will and practice with others.

Practicing the Occult does not mean one is joining a cult

Quote:
Also...what are the dark arts? Sounds like something i might like but it also sounds like it ties in with the Christian god of evil satan...explanation please?

In hermetic Philosophy the Dark arts are "Goetia" or magic which functions by alliance with Demons and such.

Generally though "Dark arts" is a Fluffy way of saying "Left Handed Path"  

Rookherst[KOS]

Estrella Eterna

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:22 pm
Enochian...yeah, maybe that's what I was thinking of.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:53 pm
Estrella Eterna

What's wrong with Enochian?  

Rookherst[KOS]

Estrella Eterna

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:56 pm
Rookherst[KOS]
Estrella Eterna

What's wrong with Enochian?

I don't know. I just don't recommend working with demons. Unless he's careful and informed on what he's doing. I used to worship them and now I'm not really sure how I feel about it. He can do what he wants though, I don't care.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:01 am
Estrella Eterna

I don't know. I just don't recommend working with demons.

Good Thing Enochian is the practice of invokeing/evokeing/calling Angels...

Quote:
Unless he's careful and informed on what he's doing.

Yaaa. I think your talking about the Ars Goteia  

Rookherst[KOS]

Estrella Eterna

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:08 am
Rookherst[KOS]
Estrella Eterna

I don't know. I just don't recommend working with demons.

Good Thing Enochian is the practice of invokeing/evokeing/calling Angels...

Quote:
Unless he's careful and informed on what he's doing.

Yaaa. I think your talking about the Ars Goteia

Sorry. I didn't know. I'm just going off by what you're saying -shrugs- thought you were implying Enochain had to do with demons too, since that's what we were talking about. I should have looked it up to make sure.

Duh. The Goteia. I don't know why I didn't remember that before.

I'm like half asleep, maybe this is why my memory is so bad whee  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:12 am
Rookherst[KOS]
Quote:
I would prefer a practice that involves solitude. I am not a person to go into a 'cult' if you will and practice with others.
But practicing the Occult with others could mean just that--just not necessarily in the negative sense.  

TheDisreputableDog

Saint Of Demons

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:07 pm
... eek ...
ok errr i think i got some of that, i'll look into the things suggested but it seems that one things does not include most of them...
what you asked about the snake, i grew up in a christian family and just think the symbol as evil power....hard to shake it off...
white, black, and gray witches...i read these as white: uses magic for pruposes of good and others gain. black: uses magic for purposes of evil and self gain. Gray: uses magic to 'balance' things out taking neither side. don't ask i'm very confused at the moment
i'll look into the things mentioned....  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:23 pm
TheDisreputableDog
But practicing the Occult with others could mean just that--just not necessarily in the negative sense.

Even then I would be Hesitate to use the term Cult, but that may be my personal preference towards the Phrase "Cabal"  

Rookherst[KOS]

Saint Of Demons

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:44 pm
Ok I've been looking through some a lot of s**t on the internet...can't believe how much crap there is out there...anyways i found this website...i've read the first couple paragraphs and it has appealed to me...but i wanted someone with more 'wisdom' to take a look at it and tell me if it's true not just some fluffy crap...
Website: http://www.chaostatic.com/paradigm/writings/black-witchcraft.php
also i am slightly confused on some of it, i know if i choose to take this path all would be revealed but i don't want to rent/buy books and then find out that it isn't something i wanna do and then i've just wasted valuable time/money
can somebody after they have read all of it summerize it in terms somebody like me would understand? like i'm don't fully get the Luciferian Path thing...are they referring to the demon that is considered to be one of the most evil in christianity? they mention Cain so i expect they do...
another thing i don't get, mind you i haven't finished reading yet, it isn't anything like black masses is this? like the blood and all that....  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:32 am
my two cents...

I read about half of that page and scanned through the rest. From what I saw it talks about demons and the left hand path, which isn't fluffy in my eyes. It depends what you would consider fluffy though. And on the practitioner. Some people don't take it seriously and judge people who are into demons to sit up in their basement and use them to get revenge on their coworkers or something. This is not always the case. But there are a lot of people (who I would say are immature, but again that's opinion) who like demons for fun, for shock, for power. Some people take the left hand path very seriously. I am not familiar with the "Luciferian Witchcraft" but I've heard of it before. I think it all comes down to your personal opinion of it. Like every other way of doing things, it is all just something else written by man. If you're interested I would suggest reading more about the left hand path for a better understanding, and contemplate on your own beliefs. Even if you find that it's not the path for you, I don't think it would be a "waste of time" to buy books on the subject, but there is a LOT of crap out there, so do what feels right and research a lot. As with anything, take it with a grain of salt. I used to be part of the path, and while I think I understand a lot more now, it was still a necessary stage for me to go through.

Good luck.  

Estrella Eterna

Rookherst[KOS]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:29 am
As Far as Luciferianism is concerned, forgo the whole concept. They often Forget to acknowledge that the concepts derived from several Sects of medieval Gnostic's.

Skip out on them, and just head strait for Gnosticism. In my personal opinions the Luciferians just traded out Sophia in favor of Lucifer. Which Biblically speaking is illogical (as Lucifer Is and was just a man)  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff