.[ Deathly Allure ]. Karya- 24k/2.2mil Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Slow progress is still progress... right? 8D
  Don't give up, you'll get there eventually! <3
  Yeah... kind of. ^-^;
  Yes, but barely. Maybe you should set your sights a little lower....
  POLL WHORE LIKE WHOA!!! :OOOO
View Results

Upside.-.Down

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:46 pm
User Image

Welcome to my Soquili Quest. <3

Karya, one of eight Hamadryads birthed by Oxylus and Hamadryas, is a Grecian tree-dweller who embodies the spirit of the Walnut/Hazelnut tree.

.:Table of Contents:.

1 ~ You are here.
2 ~ The Look
3 ~ Donations
4 ~ Other Soquili

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:44 pm
Rare

User Image

.:Kalona Soquili:.

Colorist wanted: ?
Name of horse: Karya
Owner: Upside.-.Down
Temper (one word for horse's personality): Siren
Breed: Dryad
On the bottom of her cert, could it say "Hamadryad"? x3

Description (wing/horn/tail colors/eye color/hair color/hair style etc): The sole inspiration for this Soquili is this image by the talented Cris Ortega. <3

Wing Style 3, Demontail or Deviltail 2 (colorist's preference), and Devilhorns 2. (Reference.)

Her skin is radiant anarchy, an almost opalescent canvas of pearly white, rosey peach, olive green, and cold blue with a shimmering gold undertone. Across her skin are a flurry of translucent irregular (almost chaotic) streaks.
In the area just around her eyes, her coat color deepens to an amber/crimson hue.
Her eyes are a vibrant shade of olive-green with a slight tint of emerald.
Across the jugular vein of her neck is a jagged scar (slightly vertical, slanted and arcing slightly, towards the middle) that seems to still weep blood.
(See skintone of reference image. xD Feel free to use the eyedropper tool on the reference image, and then increase vibrancy/contrast as you see fit so that she is breath-takingly stunning. <3)

Her mane is lush and full, shining waves of ebony silk, cascading down to just below her chest. Perhaps a few chunks of her mane could tumble over her shoulder or neck, so long as it looks decently ravishing?
I'll leave the exact composition of her mane up to you; I trust your judgment. x3 All I ask is that she be gorgeous!

Her horns, hooves, and the spikes/flowing tendrils of her tail are of the exquisite golden-olive hue and texture shown in the horns of the Reference Image. <3
(The base/main body of her tail matches the rest of her coat color; only the spikes & flowing tendrils of the tip are that golden-olive hue and texture. xD)

The tufts of fur about her hooves are longer than most Soquili's, trailing out longer than an Angeni's. Their tips are stained the same amber/crimson hue as the skin around her eyes- as though dipped in old blood.

You can alter this last, her jewelry, as much as you want to- even if it's no longer recognizable. I'm more concerned that they are accessories to her brilliance, gorgeous in their own right, than whether or not you followed my specifications exactly. xD
Scattered throughout her mane and tail are strands of bejeweled silken thread, golden (or pearly white? olive-green?) in hue.
I would love if it if you could somehow incorporate the vicious finger-nails shown in the reference image into an accessory!
Two matching bracelets are on her left front leg, just above the hooves.
... Again, feel free to alter or add as you see fit. x3

Reference image(s): Main Reference. (Coat color/pattern, Eye color, Mane color/style, neck scar/wound, horn color/pattern)

Which stage you want them to start as?(basket,foal,or adult): Adult
Default accessory color(s)?: No default accessories please. :3
Tag frame color: Colorist's Choice. <3
I would love a custom cert BG as well. x3

Tag feather color: Colorist's Choice. <3
Hair/clothing edits (if any): (Moderate.) Mane that tumbles to her chest, leg feathering, jewelry / accessories as you see fit.

Reference Image Copyright Information:
Fullview and all Detail shots of the Image entitled "Nightmare" © Cris Ortega (http://www.crisortega.com) (alias "Dark-spider" on Deviantart) Image originally posted here.
Permission to Use: Screenshot of Terms of Use.
Terms of Use found on her Offical website by clicking on "FAQ" and then "- USE OF IMAGES / POEMS IN WEBSITES, GROUPS, OR PERSONAL USE."
Terms of Use may also be found by clicking on her Deviantart profile and scrolling down to "Information," which includes a link to her Terms of Use.
Screenshot of E-mail informing her of my use of her art, with a link to the website/page I posted it on. (As is required by her Terms of Use. :3)

Upside.-.Down

Upside.-.Down

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:21 pm
User Image
These people helped to make my quest a little less long, a little less hard.

I am indebted to them.

Yumitoko- 6,000g

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:23 pm
The Others

x3

Upside.-.Down

Upside.-.Down

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:24 pm
~Open~

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:18 am
Still questing. >W<  

Upside.-.Down

Huroggmeten

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:58 pm
heart  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:27 pm
!! Update !!

On June 26, 2008 (almost a full year after I began this quest!) I was lucky enough to win (QUEST FOR THE CUT! <333) the free Colorists Choice Quest Raffle! <3 Adelinda will be colored by the talented Antigra! whee heart

I'm so happyyyyyy. emo heart

Upside.-.Down

Upside.-.Down

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:06 pm
User Image

Upside.-.Down
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

If you have any questions, please PM me.

Reference images are text links incorporated into the descriptions.

.:Kalona Soquili:.
Colorist wanted: Undecided.
Name of horse: Adelinda (It means "noble serpent.")
Owner: Upside.-.Down
Temper: Feral.
Breed:Dragon
Description:
It's hide should be a pale, pearlescent white.
It's horns and spikes should be the color and texture of an elephant's tusks. Hooves can be this color too.
Around her neck should be this necklace.
"A gigantic dragon... The beast's scales had turned pale and flaky during its long incarceration under the ground; its eyes were milkily pink; both rear legs bore heavy cuffs ..." The cuffs should completely encircle the legs. (No gap in the cuffs.)
The fine golden chains should dangle as though broken from the backs of the cuffs. "... Its great spiked wings would have filled the chamber if it had spread them..." There should be spikes on it's wings.
"...It is partially blind..." I would like the eyes to be a faded milky pink, as though eyes that were once red had faded over time and been dulled by it's (partial) blindess.
"... as they drew nearer he saw the scars made by visvious slashes across its face..." "... its scarred snout..." The scars should be faded slightly, a dull pink in color. The exact placement of the scars is up to you... Some suggestions as to their placement would be about three on the nose (perhaps one crossing a little over the other... as though made by unexact blows) and one slanting across the forhead?
"... the dragon's thrashing, spiked tail..." Three spikes on both sides of the tail towards the tip.
"... turning its horned head..." I would like two forked horns protruding from the dragon's head.
"... could see the dragon's wide yellow underbelly..." The underbelly of the dragon should have a faded VERY pale yellow tinge to it.
Book quotes are from: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Pages: 535, 536, 542, 543, 546

Reference Image(s):
Body- pale, pearlescent white.
Forked horns.
Color & Texture of horns and tail-spikes.
Necklace.
Cuffs on both hind legs.

Which stage you want them to start as?:Adult
Default accessory color(s)?:No default accessories..
Tag Frame color:Undecided.
Tag Feather color:Undecided.
Hair/Clothing edits (if any):Incorporated into description.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:42 pm
OMFG!! crying heart Huro just donated 600k pure to me- the funds I needed for my Persephone quest!!!  

Upside.-.Down

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:57 pm
Congrats on your past quest and Good Luck on your new quest. And I'm happy you got the gold now. xD

GOOD LUCK!!!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:29 pm
Thankyou! whee heart

... just need the slot now. Hehe. x'D

Upside.-.Down

Thalea

Devoted Mage

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:26 pm
Congratz, can't wait to see her ^.^

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:14 pm
heart  

Huroggmeten