Submit

<33
  <3
View Results

SapphireSara2
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:24 pm
<33
So I've been wanting to take violin for months but I finally decided a few days ago that I actually wanted to take lessons. I asked my mom and I probably can't start for a few months anyway. Does anyone here take violin? If so some tips and what are the advantages/disadvantages. I the violin is challenging and but I'm ready for it.

<33

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:55 pm
go for it if you want to blaugh i personally didnt like taking the violin, hated it >.< still waiting to find a teacher to teach me guitar though ^^ rather learn the drums but parents say no >.< dnt knw the advantages/disadvantages of the violin  

BonkChan

4,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Full closet 200

Frankenska

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:10 pm
I played violin for 3 years until I switched to percussion. Its a beautiful instrument but I quit after awhile. It got somewhat boring because we didn't learn much new music. If you really want to do it, go for it. =]  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:29 pm
<33
Yeah, I'm afraid I won't like it and get bored.
But if I quit, my mom would be really angry because I never stick to anything. She doesn't trust me and I want to prove that I can 3nodding

<33

SapphireSara2
Captain

DashingDelight

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:40 am
I took violin last year...it was pretty fun except for the finger stretching to all right places on the strings and to be exactly how many centimeters apart....but other wise it was fun.^^

Well good luck and hope you have fun!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:46 pm
X.o x.o x.o [!] o.x o.x o.X

I've been playing for 8 years now. 3nodding
It's a swell instrument and I enjoy it a lot, it's just that it takes a few years to get comfortable with and a bunch of time.
After that, then it's really fun.
I say go for it. heart

X.o x.o x.o [!] o.x o.x o.X

Sgt Fluffer-nutters

guai qiao

High-functioning Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:59 pm
I've been playing for 2 years.
I am sure you won't fall asleep
It would be real great if you toke it.
I am also playing the cello & viola.
But now I also play intruments around the world.
If your learn to play,you can also try the viola and cello

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:22 pm
I've been taking violin since I was 3/4. Well, the first thing is to realize that playing violin is a challenge (which you've already done) and that it's a commitment... you have to have time for it, like everything else. A HUGE part in starting violin is getting a great teacher. As long as you're disciplined and ready to work hard at it, your violin should be fine, although there are certain people that just have more talent than others (AKA not me gonk ) . It helps if you've already had some musical experience and you can read notes or something. Sometimes shorter limbs and appendages can make playing more difficult, and starting young is easier than starting at an older age, but that's not a big deal. Also, enjoying the sounds that you're making (mostly classical music) is important. It will help you with phrasing and flavor in you pieces. Try listening to some recordings and get a feel for the music. Depending on how far you want to go with violin, you should pick the right violin for you. (If violin is just going to be a hobby, get a less expensive violin.) Don't get a full size violin just because it sounds better and more resonant. Pick a violin that suits you. I like playing violin a lot, so if you take it, you'll probably enjoy it (even if you do have short arms). I think you should take it... if you can responsibly. That probably wasn't very helpful... sorry. It probably sounded like some sort of lecture.  

Elmihy

snapbih

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:38 pm
I took it, it wasant such a nice expiriance (mispelled)since my instructor didnt have patiance.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:10 am
Sorry,
I only play Guitar,
Oboe,
Flute,
Clarinet,
and Trumpet.

And I haven't had lessons.

Ever.

Bearstronaut

vampslayer3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:29 pm
Im learning electric guitar, and its friggin awesome, it takes alot less time than violin from what I hear, but everyone who I know who stuck with it made the most AWESOME classsical sounds ive ever heard, I had a talent show at my old school and me and my friend did acoustic guitar and violin duet, Iplayed very lightly so the violin could be heard but there were some power parts where I got to rock out, and it sounded pretty kewl,, so whateva u wanna do sapphire smile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:08 am
2 things i always wanted to play... the Violin and Piano.  

Christalz

Trippy Skittle

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:48 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Oh snap the Skittles......

I played the violin for 2 years in school.
I wasn't allowed to take it the third year do to a "disagreement" with the new music teacher we had in the second year. (He didn't like me for whatever reason, so he always tried to argue with me)

I loved playing it.
I still have my violin and I plan to pick it up again once i move. (hopefully at the end of the year)

......found your acid stashUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:31 am
Trippy Skittle
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Oh snap the Skittles......

I played the violin for 2 years in school.
I wasn't allowed to take it the third year do to a "disagreement" with the new music teacher we had in the second year. (He didn't like me for whatever reason, so he always tried to argue with me)

I loved playing it.
I still have my violin and I plan to pick it up again once i move. (hopefully at the end of the year)

......found your acid stashUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I had to stop playing for a similar reason. Damn music teachers scream

CelestialChaos

Music

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces