View Results

Amika Orange

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:42 pm
okay, here's the scenario...

a few months ago, a guy at my school admitted to my boyfriend that he liked him.

-->don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against gay/bi people, I just have a problem with them going after my boyfriend when he's clearly taken, and by someone of the opposite gender...

anyways... he's been pestering him pretty much ever since.
my boyfriend tried to be nice about getting him to stop, but he was calling often, and not getting off the phone for a long time (not getting the hint?)

with that, (this is just a little background story)
A few years ago, my friends and I went on that deathclock site, and when I had gone on, it said that I would die when I was in a car accident when I turned 19. (I'm 16 now) it's been a little bit of a joke with my friends since then (but my Close friends only)

Somehow, this guy heard one of my friends joking around about it, and now he has one of those online countdown clocks counting down untill the exact minute untill my 19th birthday. He says it's a joke, but I think it's frigging creepy. I know the deathclock thing is bogus, and it was just some messed up waste of time, but the fact that he did that, is a little scary.
I've already had a few close brushes with death and it scares me when other people joke about my date of "expected" death. It really does scare the hell out of me...

I just have no Idea how I can go about getting him to leave us alone. I've tried being nice, and I'm not very good at being mean, but I may have already said a few things that might have been taken wierdly.

*sigh* if anyone has any suggestions, please tell me.
Aside from getting a restraining order, I have no Idea...
that would help me very much

Thank you  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:22 pm
No one has any Ideas?? crying  

Amika Orange

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Citizen 200

SapphireSara2
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:14 pm
<33
Sorry, I read it but I don't know what to tell you...

<33

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:19 pm
SapphireSara2
<33
Sorry, I read it but I don't know what to tell you...

<33
AWWWS crying  

Amika Orange

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Citizen 200

The Hylia

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:14 pm
First of all, I think you should go to that guy and tell him to bug off and stop bothering your boyfriend because he IS taken. And second of all, you should tell him to get rid of the deathclock thing if it's really bothering you. And I totally think the deathclock thing is retarded.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:09 pm
The close brushes with Death are probably because you're giving it higher attention than usual, since your death-clock experience.

It would help if you'd remove your links to the site (Physical ones and mental ones)

About the creepy guy... Well he seems to be "eager to please/stalker" - type person. Luckily he's not really so good at the stalking part. You haven't really talked to him have you?

So far it's like there's a distance between you two... he overheard from your friends, or he's talked to your boyfriend... but you don't have any direct contact with him.

You should remove that "impersonal" wall and talk to him. Treat him as you would any normal person who would say high to you in the hallway or cafeteria. Talk to him about the Deathclock-joke, tell him you're not really interested in it as such, it was something you did because your friends were also there, so it was a group thing... And you're not bothered by it. If he wants to be a friend then you can either decline... or accept... as an acquaintance. But as a love interest, tell him it flatters, but in all reality, he doesn't know you well enough.

Just be honest with him... and don't be embarrassed, have people you trust be a witness there with you, so the guy can't claim that you've said anything otherwise... you can be friendly, but never forget to be smart, right?

The Death clock still bugs me though...
You let yourself have the mental disposition to believe in it, just under the surface. It doesn't help exactly that your friends are feeding your fear factor with their "harmless" jokes... If it's still in the back of your head this long, it's not harmless, because it's already doing you damage, you're paranoid... although not enough to qualify as big time, it's enough to make you notice small things in your daily life...

The small tingling excitement of a little fear is not wrong... but to become this aware of it... well it's already at the point where you should seriously consider getting something else for current interest.

The practical side... Get all the friends who know about the deathclock issue and tell them to stop teasing you in a "good way" about it, because there is already unwanted attention from people not involved in the matter.

And stop treating it like you've been cursed... You weren't.

If the fears still continue, you should talk to someone who can help you remove the mental images you have entertained in your head about the matter...

It's obvious you have a small amount of thrill seeking in you... Fascination with Death shouldn't become part of it. Try something safer for yourself at this stage... like roller coasters or something... The psychological thrill of the Death Clock is too much pressure and clearly not safe for you... you don't believe in it you say, but you're behaving in a manner that says you do, and when it's this obvious ... then you really need to find another perspective.  

Lilli Ann Hunter

Loyal Genius

5,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100

Amika Orange

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:36 am
my dangerous incidents were before the whole deathclock fiasco. So I don't think it's that I'm just paying a higher attention to them.

it's not like you can ignore surgerys and blood transfusions confused  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:37 am
And I did know him. I had considered him a friend before this... I'm actually the one who introduced him (before I found out he was gay....  

Amika Orange

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Citizen 200

Lilli Ann Hunter

Loyal Genius

5,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:42 am
True...

Then your awareness of death is really higher than average...

Awarenes meaning you're more aware of mortality and finiteness of life... Can't exactly ignore that ... You should have called them near death experiences, not brushes with death...

Brushes with death kind of rings of thrills and chills, whereas near death experiences implies events out of your control.

well at least I understand better why the death clock was a big deal at one point.

But if you're still interested in metaphysical things, you should explore other avenues than an online calculator programme.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:06 am
Talk to the guy politly about the death thing. Tell him u may not believe in it but it is creepy to hav someone post it up and u would rather he took it down. wen he says its a joke tell him ur not laughing and since its about u it should matter if u think its funny or not.
about the boyfriend thing. tell him to leave him alone because u are dating him right now, he can wait to see if u ever break up and then make his move. but its just rude to hit on someone thats already taken gay or not.
hope it helps biggrin  

Reayasha

Amika Orange

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:06 am
Jirou Hotaru
True...

Then your awareness of death is really higher than average...

Awarenes meaning you're more aware of mortality and finiteness of life... Can't exactly ignore that ... You should have called them near death experiences, not brushes with death...

Brushes with death kind of rings of thrills and chills, whereas near death experiences implies events out of your control.

well at least I understand better why the death clock was a big deal at one point.

But if you're still interested in metaphysical things, you should explore other avenues than an online calculator programme.
Maybe. I tend to word things really stupidly sometimes. Usually I make sence to myself but I'm really only babbling on nonsensically-like xp  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:43 am
Hmmm..All I can think of is to either ignore him or tell him off..

sweatdrop  

Vitamin Tea

Fashionable Gaian

kie480

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:56 pm
I would just tell him to ******** back off or else you'll torture him until he graduates school. And to show him you're serious, punch him in the throat.  
Advice & Academic Studies

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games