Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Poeple counter
  +1
View Results

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:51 pm
<.< As many of you should know by now, I like to know what members think of this guild. I like new ideas, and I like to know what people like (or don't like) about any and all things currently included in the guild.

So....

This thread is a lot like the suggestions sticky, except I just want to know what you, as members, think I could improve upon right now, instead of things to add later. Don't like the word games? Okay, cool, what can I do to make them better? Do you like the way the sub-forum's turned out? Why or why not? Anything and everything about the guild is open to compliments or criticism. As long as you give some sort of reason (and, no, "I don't like this guild, it just sucks in general" is not a good way to criticize), anything goes. Please at least attempt to be polite. And no personal attacks, please.

I think I may do this every few months or so, and give people time to yell at me for things they think are dumb. If you have nothing to say now, then there'll be time later.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:19 pm
Well I personally quite enjoy this guild and have no complaints except that it is a little annoying going back through the pages to check if someones already put up a thread of the topic your wanting. That makes me think if it's possible to set up a contents page? whee Otherwise I love this guild ^-^  

Shanti~dragongirl

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:28 pm
That one's been suggested. If I get the urge sometime when I'm not in the middle of something, I'll start one. Hell, I may even attempt tp organize it! If I don't do it in the next few weeks, then I'll probably never do it, but if anyone wants to volunteer, feel free. n.n"  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:43 pm
lol well if I get bored after doing my art then I might just do it if you haven't already 3nodding  

Shanti~dragongirl

Ishetalia

Blessed Mage

7,650 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:04 pm
I think a little organization would help. maybe sub-forums for each genre of book or somethin...i don't know. sweatdrop Also maybe a specific area for the Word Games and maybe an area where potential writers could get some feedback. Otherwise, I love the guild. ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:28 pm
Well, let's see. To address your concerns in order, WH Angel:
Technically, there's only one genre of book allowed in this guild: Fantasy. Thus, the title of the guild. There's really only a couple threads on other genres, and then a bunch on books in general. Since I decided to use the current sub-forum for those sort of general threads, I see no real need for another place for them.
The word games went into the sub-forum, as well, but I like them and they died 'cause no one uses the sub-forum, apparently, so I moved them back to the main forum.
On the topic of writer feedback.... Well, that was one of the original uses for the sub-forum. Its original name was, in fact, "Writing and RP Forum," before I changed it. If people decide to ignore that facet of the sub-forum, that's their choice. The option is there; always has been and always will be. There are a few stories in there, and others have put in their comments.  

NightIntent
Captain

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:29 pm
Shanti~dragongirl
lol well if I get bored after doing my art then I might just do it if you haven't already 3nodding

I'll probabyl get around to it in August or early September or something, after I quit my job and before I go away to school.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:58 pm
that's cool  

Shanti~dragongirl

lovebooks

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:11 pm
fantasy does have sub-genres. such as epic or high fantasy, urban fantasy to name a few. some people might includ SF and horror. so those could be ideas for sub-forums.

or maybe kids books or adult books.

but in general I like this forum though I'm not a huge participant. (I stink at word games but it's kind of fun to look at them now and then.)  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:46 pm
Yeah, but I'm unwilling to make sub-forums for each. I don't like having a bunch of sub-forums, it looks cluttered. I'm willing to have maybe one more. But not a bunch of them.  

NightIntent
Captain

kel aka gandy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:42 am
I'd be willing to start a contents thread if you want. I did a few over in the Shojo Beat Guild, and I don't mind doing it at all.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:43 am
I actually started it yesterday. I'm on the last post at the moment. I was just going to finish that, actually.  

NightIntent
Captain

kel aka gandy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:44 am
NightIntent
I actually started it yesterday. I'm on the last post at the moment. I was just going to finish that, actually.

Oh, ok. I see it now. ^^ That's really useful, thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:54 am
No problem. I'm most of the way done with it now, thankfully.  

NightIntent
Captain

Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas