Submit

Eyebrows?
  Yes! =3
  No! >=(
  poll whore! >3<
View Results

pepsi-chan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:25 am
Does L have eyebrows? My gf and I were talking about it and we don't think he does, what do you think? If you think he does do you have pictures of said eyebrows?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:56 am
Very good question. Me and my friends were just talking about the same thing. ^_^;;;; I believe since L's hair is balck there isn't much need to phyisally draw them on him, plus his hair is always in his face thus covering them. ^^
arrow No eyebrows User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Yaoi_Koi

immortalhaldir

Quotable Inquisitor

4,350 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:47 pm
Wow. That's so funny. I never noticed that! *runs and looks through all the volumes*  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:17 pm
pepsi-chan
Does L have eyebrows? My gf and I were talking about it and we don't think he does, what do you think? If you think he does do you have pictures of said eyebrows?
first of all sorry i don't have a picture..but in vol.2(manga) when he is first introduced he has eyebrows  

Gremlin From Outer Space

2,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200

DeathOrCake

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:24 pm
lol i don't think he does. neither to Mello and Near. i never realized this until i saw someone else mention this on another site xD  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:46 pm
wow i have never thought about it.. eek .....lol  

Battosaika

Monstre_Charmant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:23 pm
Yes! Indeed! At times, when I guess they are of use, he does have them!

We may assume his forehead, in fact, absorbs them when the situation does not warrant any kind of facial hair...or facial expression for that matter. sweatdrop

It's, like someone else said, when we first meet our beloved in the second manga volume. Here's a link to a weird side-shot of that illustration (but you can clearly see the eyebrow!):

L!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:31 pm
i really don't know!

you can't see it. the hair is in the way!
i really want to know!! stressed  

hana_27

Sayuri Shichiyou

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:19 pm
I never noticed. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:16 am
Monstre_Charmant
Yes! Indeed! At times, when I guess they are of use, he does have them!

We may assume his forehead, in fact, absorbs them when the situation does not warrant any kind of facial hair...or facial expression for that matter. sweatdrop

It's, like someone else said, when we first meet our beloved in the second manga volume. Here's a link to a weird side-shot of that illustration (but you can clearly see the eyebrow!):

L!

So that explains it! His forehead absorbs his eyebrows when they are not needed to show expression! rofl I want to be like L, I wish my forehead did that... But sadly it doesn't. gonk  

pepsi-chan

Yaoi_Koi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:07 am
lol I remember now, there is one part were he does have eyebrows ^^;;; lol
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
The pic of him in the right low hand conner, he has eyebrows ^^

Sry if its too big!!! >_<  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:15 am
XD When I read this topic, I couldn't help but think of Seamus from Harry Potter...
"I don't appreciate insinuation, Longbottom! And in case you haven't noticed, my eyebrows have completely grown back!"  

BLooDYxxNiGHTS

Ambrey

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:09 am
He has eyebrows, but his hair goes over them.

And sometimes the artist is lazy...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:59 am
As far as I've noticed, He only has them in the first three or four chapters of his appearance (in volume 2) after that, the artist has never drawn them. My guess (and as I've noticed when drawing myself) is that without the eyebrow, there is a certain lack of emotional expression.

After all (especially in manga) eyebrows show rather clearly about the characters current emotions. By excluding them, the reader gets a harder time impreting the character. That's my thought at least. (and I never draw him with eyebrows, by the way)

Keyhala

Liberal Browser

pepsi-chan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:06 am
Yaoi_Koi
lol I remember now, there is one part were he does have eyebrows ^^;;; lol
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
The pic of him in the right low hand conner, he has eyebrows ^^

Sry if its too big!!! >_<

*squee* L is so awesome! *coughs* Sorry fangirl moment... sweatdrop Also there are two in the upper right hand corner with eyebrows. Le gasp!  
The L Guild Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff