Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply Memorable Threads (Now Open to Viewing)
S.A.S.S. (UPDATED) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sirius Black-Snuffles
Captain

7,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Voter 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:43 pm
We still disagree with all acts of Spoiling the book for other people. But, the book is out and we don't want to hinder conversation. Please put all your spoilers in white until the end of the month. Thank you.

With the 7th book's release on the horizon, many people have been getting antsy.

There are talks of some book stores who were not required to sign contract of waiting, others who may feel like breaking it, and dishonest employees everywhere.

Many people want to be spoiled, but most of us do not.

In this time we whisper excitedly about deaths and endings and horcruxes and wizard wars, I would like to remind everyone about this:

These are not just books ending, these are many of our childhoods, as so many of us opened the books at age 8, and sat in anticipation at our windows when we were done for years just waiting, waiting for our Hogwarts Letter to arrive.

Our letters never did come, but we got to experience Hogwarts anyways, through Harry.

And now those 8 year olds are turning 18 this year. Some are starting college, others are releasing that this time next year they'll be doing the same.

And it's ironic that Harry's last year comes at our last year as well, two year waits and all.

With that in mind, I implore you: do not ruin our last clutch to the magical world that has brightened our lives for so many years.

Before the book is released, predictions may take place in the General Harry Potter Subforum--but no links, no mentions to the "leaks" will be tolerated.

After the seventh book everything MUST be clearly labeled as spoilery for a months time if it involves discussion of the seventh book.

Ignoring these new rules will result in being automatically banned.

It's been a long ride filled with everything life can hand you--do not ruin it for those of us who want to finish that ride on a good note--even if we hate the book for killing off our favorite characters (or not bringing him back as the case may be), it is still our book.

Respect your fellow fans--don't post spoilers.

Your Captain,

Sirius Black-Lupin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:15 pm
I agree with you completely.

I'm glad you posted this. In other guilds I've been in, or websites I've been on, they give away so much about the movies and books when there are still so many people that haven't read the books or seen the movies.

It's never fair when someone has to ruin the experiance for us.  

Grey Gardens

1,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

External Penetration
Crew

Greedy Codger

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:27 pm
Well spoken.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:54 pm
User Image

Thankyou.

I cant even go into the GD without getting people offering torrent files, pictures of what is claimed to be the epilogue, and people saying what page such and such dies on.

User Image

Twenty Times Over

9,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Megathread 100

Ex-Professor Remus Lupin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:55 pm
I hardly have to mention the spammer that appeared in our ask thread. It's getting a bit ridiculous out there. I'm half tempted to just shut myself up in the guilds until after I've finished the books.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:59 pm
Remus J. Lupin-Black
I hardly have to mention the spammer that appeared in our ask thread. It's getting a bit ridiculous out there. I'm half tempted to just shut myself up in the guilds until after I've finished the books.

It's a very safe idea. One I think I'm going to take up.  

Sirius Black-Snuffles
Captain

7,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Voter 100
  • Wall Street 200

Arial Kothem

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:22 pm
I think I agree with Remus, I may shut myself out as well...please do not bann me if I dont show up for a few weeks.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:01 am
Hear, hear. I even took time off work so I could read the book without fear of it being spoiled. Because you know some jerkface is going to, somehow, leak the ending and everyone's going to be talking about it.

I just won't visit RL for a day or two.  

wonkyspoon

Sirius Black-Snuffles
Captain

7,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Voter 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:48 pm
No one is banned in this guild without proper warning and cause.

You have to have been a member for a month or more and not post once for us to even consider to ban you due to inactivity.

So no one has to worry about taking a while off to read.

I think almost all the crew has silently agreed that we're suddenly going to disappear until we finished reading.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:06 pm
I know I'm not going to be here on the 20-21 for sure.

External Penetration
Crew

Greedy Codger

PhoebeMarie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:22 pm
I agree compeltly. Last year i was part of the group on myspace that had major spoilers. one of our posters even claimed to be the guy who bought the book early according to his location this could be very true.
this year i had decided to avoid the internet all togather so i could avoid the sick facination that had me reading the the end of the scanned page last summer. i hope everyone keeps their word and dosnt spoil.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:21 pm
User Image
I don't even talk to people after the books come out :/. When OOTP came out i was just going on a road trip from CO to TX, and didn't talk the whole time...I was reading/Eating/Sleeping(somewhat)/or doing other necessities of life.....

I'am excited about the 21st...Borders is having a Grand Hallows Ball, from 8:00PM to Midnight. We will get out books then.....I am going as Narcissa ^^ I am oh so excited...I might not post for about a day and a half (because thats how long it takes me to read things usually...)

Spoilers suck...And i'd advise you all to do what someone above suggested. Lock ourselves in this guild...One of my friends is shutting off all electrical (besides lights) devices, locking her doors, unplugging the phone and internets, and shutting all her curtains, and reading until she's done xD Its going to be interesting to see what she's like when she comes out....

Firenation Innara

Twenty Times Over

9,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:31 pm
User Image

Half an hour!!

::dies::

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:38 am
All of this has been wonderfully spoken, and all too true. I can't get my hands on the book until I return home tomorrow (I'm on vacation visiting family sad ) so I think I'm just going to avoid all other guilds/websites/the interweb in general. Along with shutting my phone permanantly off until I finish reading it, a friend called me last year and ruined the end of the book for me because she was several chapters ahead and decided she just couldn't contain herself. stare  

Shikonkun

Androgynous Dusk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:25 am
Youko-Sparda
All of this has been wonderfully spoken, and all too true. I can't get my hands on the book until I return home tomorrow (I'm on vacation visiting family sad ) so I think I'm just going to avoid all other guilds/websites/the interweb in general. Along with shutting my phone permanantly off until I finish reading it, a friend called me last year and ruined the end of the book for me because she was several chapters ahead and decided she just couldn't contain herself. stare

Man, that had to suck.  
Memorable Threads (Now Open to Viewing)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces