Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Fantasy Books Guild
L. A. Banks Vampire huntress novels

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you read the Vampire Huntress Series?
  Yes and liked it.
  Yes, but didn't like it
  No, haven't heard of it.
  Don't want to.
View Results

Night-tears-cry

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:45 pm
Has anyone read L. A. Banks. I am curious of other peoples opinions of the Vampire Huntress Novels. I found them a very good mix of fantasy, reality and religion. Considering, I personally am not religous thats saying alot. I think I will wait to see what everyone else says before I give it all away in case some are wanting to read them.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:19 am
I couldn't really get into them. I read one or two. they're ok. I wouldn't spend money on them. I checked them out of the library, so it didn't cost me anything.  

lovebooks

Wolves_Witches_and_Love

Anxious Cat

8,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:01 pm
i have yet to read them all. I've read one of them.. Can't remeber the name. But stopped when i found out its not the first. I like it.. and am trying to get the first ones..  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:51 am
I've read the first two and have now bought the third one. I'm saving the third for my flight. I wanted to make sure I had something good to read while flying over the ocean. (I have a huge fear of large masses of water.)
Banks recently wrote a werewolf book I found to be really good. It's called "Bad Blood" and I'm eagerly awaiting the next one.
She's a good writer, but I can see how some people wouldn't get into her. What she writes is far from a lot of the fluff vampire novels I read.  

Wissakins

Fantasy Books Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff