Submit

Did L have to die?
  Hell Yes!!!!!!
  No *cries*......
  Yes *cries*........
View Results

Battosaika

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:28 pm
do you think L had to die? if yes, why do you think L had to die? if no, why?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:12 pm
cuz light is an a*****e crying  

aeonfan95

vampireeskimo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:28 pm
aeonfan95

crying so true  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:30 pm
vampireeskimo
aeonfan95

crying so true

crying Amen  

Battosaika

xX_Elysium_Xx

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:57 pm
L did not had to die... o.o'''
but I guess shinigamis falling in love with humans is an a**...
blame it on Raito for manipulating those feelings to get what he wants!
D;

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:21 pm
Well, with the way things progressed, L had to die. L was not, unfortunately, the main character, Light was. Therefore, it's only fitting that the main character overcomes his arch nemesis, L. However, Light was also evil. So it's also fitting that he dies in the end or is at least eliminated from being able to use the Death Note and punished. (The former being more fitting, given the irony of it and his God complex.)

L's death proved that Light was a God, only for us to see how mortal he was in the end. I think it was a great ending seeing as how Near was L's true predecessor and was the one to overcome Light, despite his inferiority to L. And even more so that Light took the place OF L, it just added to the irony.

Alas, this manga was written brilliantly. There are no flaws in the arch of this story. And so, I say, L didn't HAVE to die, but it was a great story because he died.

When L died, I died a little inside.  

Alara Star

iiBroken Apart

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:02 pm
Battosaika
vampireeskimo
aeonfan95

crying so true

crying Amen

crying But L was only doing his job..Completely oblivious that Light was Kira crying And why did Watari die?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:58 am
I randomly watched the clip of L's death on YouTube while searching for L cosplay videos to send to my friend and then he had to listen to me talk about how I died a little inside when I saw L die and how I was cheering for Ryuk for "disposing of unwanted humans". ^^;  

Chibi Kiku-chan

serjtankian_is_god

5,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:30 am
Koi `
Well, with the way things progressed, L had to die. L was not, unfortunately, the main character, Light was. Therefore, it's only fitting that the main character overcomes his arch nemesis, L. However, Light was also evil. So it's also fitting that he dies in the end or is at least eliminated from being able to use the Death Note and punished. (The former being more fitting, given the irony of it and his God complex.)

L's death proved that Light was a God, only for us to see how mortal he was in the end. I think it was a great ending seeing as how Near was L's true predecessor and was the one to overcome Light, despite his inferiority to L. And even more so that Light took the place OF L, it just added to the irony.

Alas, this manga was written brilliantly. There are no flaws in the arch of this story. And so, I say, L didn't HAVE to die, but it was a great story because he died.

Well, you summed up what I was gonna say quite nicely. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:03 am
Battosaika
vampireeskimo
aeonfan95

crying so true

crying Amen

*cries* crying *whimper* Hai.... crying  

Yaoi_Koi

Jam-Kiske

Shameless Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:08 am
serjtankian_is_god
Koi `

Same here.

Despite the fact that L's death made me sad, crying it paved a way for the whole time skip bit and all the new characters and whatnot. It kind of opened up more conflicts you could say. So though it may not have HAD to happen it really gave more to the story as a whole and Raito does get what he deserves in the end.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:32 am
It happened because there was no way to save him at the point Light regained his memories. Now that Light remembered everything about the Death Note, there was nothing else the author could do really.  

Misuki Marishima

Gracious Muse

9,900 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bookworm 100

deadheart00

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:34 pm
Yaoi_Koi
Battosaika
vampireeskimo
aeonfan95

crying so true

crying Amen

*cries* crying *whimper* Hai.... crying

crying crying crying WWWAAAHHHHH!!!! Its so sad!!! crying crying crying  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:20 pm
The story was reaching it's climax around the point of L's death and the creater wasn't at the goal of having 108 chapters in death note. IMO

Apparently they wanted 108 symbolism in there with the 108 chapters, you can read about it if the 13th Death Note book, Death Note: How to Read, gets translated. It's an informational book instead of a part of the story.  

Gabby Logic

2,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Accidental Affinity

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:27 pm
Jam-Kiske
serjtankian_is_god
Koi `

Same here.

Despite the fact that L's death made me sad, crying it paved a way for the whole time skip bit and all the new characters and whatnot. It kind of opened up more conflicts you could say. So though it may not have HAD to happen it really gave more to the story as a whole and Raito does get what he deserves in the end.

*sigh* As much as I hate to say it, you're pretty much right. I REALLLY wish L didn't die, but it was necessary.  
The L Guild Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff