+=+ Make Up!! +=+ Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Synovial

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:39 pm
Hey!

I wanted to make a thread solely about make up!

Being gothic, that usually entails some degree of make up. So to help inspire one another and share our secrets about our techniques, our favourite products, pictures of our own creations, pictures of others makeup that you want to try etc. I decided to open up the forum to it!!!

DRESS UP TIME!!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:46 pm
So I'll get the ball rolling.

I shall share my secret about...

Eyeshadow

I personally have gone through many different types of eye shadow in different shades and so on. Some fair better than others, some last longer, some are more sheer, others more opaque. BUT! One thing that is true of all eyeshadow that I have found is that in order to create any look without it getting it all over your face you need to apply a good base to your eyelid and brow first.

The eyelid is naturally a little oily so eyeshadow has less of a porus area to stick to. If you apply a base (Powdered foundations work best in my opinion) your eyeshadow has something to cling to and it less likely to whind up in lines, or all the way up to your eyebrow.

Also if you want black eyeshadow, which so many of us goths do, I suggest spending a pretty penny on it, at least 12 CAD, No wet 'n' wild makeup for black.
The more expensive usually the more dense and more versatile!  

Synovial

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:06 pm
Well we almost made three months without a make-up thread like all the other goth guilds......can't complain really I guess...  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:09 pm
Isobel Bellamy
Wow we almost made two months without a make-up thread like all the other goth guilds.....

ALmost, but not quite. i'm sad now. i was happy.  

Dr_lecter1988
Crew

Tenebrion Valefor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:30 pm
Eew makeup >.< i hate that.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:34 pm
Koneko_DarkLight
*laughs* some guys actually look quite good with make-up on but most can only get away with eye-liner and lipstick  

Isobel Bellamy

Dr_lecter1988
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:40 pm
Isobel Bellamy
Koneko_DarkLight
*laughs* some guys actually look quite good with make-up on but most can only get away with eye-liner and lipstick

I actually use eyeliner every now and then, according to most of my female friends it quite becomes me....mainly because they're the ones that kinda put it on me the first few times because i did not believe it would look decent on me. weel you all can see the results of that experiment on whereever teh picture thread went, but eyeliner is pretty nifty sometimes.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:42 pm
Dr_lecter1988
I actually use eyeliner every now and then, according to most of my female friends it quite becomes me....mainly because they're the ones that kinda put it on me the first few times because i did not believe it would look decent on me. weel you all can see the results of that experiment on whereever teh picture thread went, but eyeliner is pretty nifty sometimes.
*nods* yup most guys find they like make-up after being attacked by females *is going to do the same to one of her friends soon twisted *  

Isobel Bellamy

Dr_lecter1988
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:45 pm
Isobel Bellamy
*nods* yup most guys find they like make-up after being attacked by females *is going to do the same to one of her friends soon twisted *
Not all females, An Ex of mine which was a really close friend, and another of my good friends. one day they decided to "Make me 'Pretty'" *shrugs*  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:48 pm
Dr_lecter1988
Isobel Bellamy
Not all females, An Ex of mine which was a really close friend, and another of my good friends. one day they decided to "Make me 'Pretty'" *shrugs*
It's annoying though becuase some guys you know blatantly that they would look goooood with make up but they wont wear it *sighs* it's such a shame...*likes to make guys "pretty"*  

Isobel Bellamy

Synovial

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:56 pm
Wait what??? How can people be so opposed to makeup....? I mean honestly it's only another way to express yourself... Your body your canvas... What is the problem with it? It is as much a part of the gothic subculture as anything else... It's just as relavent as clothing....

Like non-permanent tattoos... I am truly astonished by the response to the topic I started. well the initial response.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:30 pm
im not opposed to it, but im not a regular wearer. if the topic comes up and, as dr lecter said, the girls (or whoever) decides to ":make me pretty", then ill wear it. i dont normally do it for myself as my garb of the day, but on occasion (when i dont care if i get grounded...) ill apply the eyeliner, but it really doesnt become me all that much unless they go all out... which gets annoying (especially in the middle of the day when i dont want to play pretty princess)  

themagikat

Synovial

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:54 am
That makes sense. It's always good to be able to apply it when you feel like it, or when you're going out for the evening to a concert or something of that nature.
It is always good to have the know how with tips and suggestions behind you when attempting any sort of art. I personally see makeup as art.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:01 am
Isobel Bellamy
Koneko_DarkLight
3nodding Joey Jordison xd heart

heart User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. heart

Dearest Darling`

Synovial

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:10 am
Hey you know as far as men wearing makeup, it doesn't necessarily have to be extravagent like the makeup of joey jordison, dani filth, shagrath or even Mana. I mean men can very well use it as women. I mean I'm sure they have aspects of their complexion and so on that they'd like to correct especially when it comes to bruises, uneven complexion, pimples, bags underneath the eyes and so on. It's always great to know what products to use for what effect.

I mean for instance a friend of mine, in order to cover a pimple used everything he could find in a powder form which included blush and bronzer ... really everything under the sun.. rather than useing a powdered foundation with added concealer if necessary. However it was incredibly adorable.  
Life Issues & Fashion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff