Read it, Like it?
  Read it, liked it
  Read it, hated it
  Haven't heard of it, want to read it
  Haven't heard of it, don't want to read it
View Results

Silver Shadow Sinner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:19 pm

Burned by Ellen Hopkins is absolutely amazing!

It's about a good Mormon girl who goes against the submissive female role and the abuse her alcoholic father deals out to her mother while still trying to find herself, happiness, love, and taking care of her six younger sisters along the way.

It's written in verse, but a different style every page with words moved over to create contrasts and whole other sentences; the title of each page is also part of the beginning sentence.

This book will definitely keep you up thinking about it; i finished and eleven-thirty at night and thought about it until one in the morning!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:34 am

I've seen a lot of people reading Ellen Hopkins books at my school, but I've never actually taken the time to pick one up myself. They certainly seem captivating, though, because a lot of my friends of whom you would NEVER normally catch reading a book absolutely loved them.

Burned, Crank, Impulse... any others? Glass?

I'm not usually one much for books that're written in verse, but I wouldn't be above checking one of them out, sometime. What did you think? Was the format unsettling at first, or did it fit right in? I've always wondered if it would be a distraction while I was reading, honestly.  

MyLadyMandy

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:11 pm

<.< As this isn't really fantasy, I'm moving it to the sub-forum sometime tomorrow.
Fantasy Books Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games