~First Songs~

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sugarmuffincrumblecakes

Dapper Consumer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:22 pm
Ok, so we've all had our moments on some kind of instrument. Well, eception to some singers. But I was curious on what was your first song that you have ever learned on the guitar, or any of your favorite instruments? It's kind of fun to bring back the memories, if you remember.

I remember mine. It's Joey, by concerete blonde. (i think that's who sings it) but yea, me and my friends had a small "jam session" and I played that along with my friend jess who knew it too. And we added our own little touch to it. It was fun. But i waas just curious on who played what when they were just starting out.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:41 am
The eternal sequence of guitar chords that allows you to play any music, from the portuguese hit "Dunas" to Eric Clapton's "Tears in Heaven"...G Em C D
In the double bass my first music was our adaptation of "JĂșlia Florista". Strangely enough, I've learnt many other songs meanwhile but I still can't play that song completely... xd

Quantic Sakura

`Roguey

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:14 pm
One of the first songs i learnt on bass guitar was "blister in the sun" by Violent Femmes, and for guitar, "hear you me" by Jimmy Eat World.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:20 pm
i try to learn a lot of songs that were way out of my league at the time but i think the first whole song i learned was "Wake Me Up When September Ends" by Green Day...yea i know everyone knows that song but it was fun.
Instruments....My favorite definitly the guitar.  

metal-veined_heart

The Sinners Prayer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:44 pm
Im a guitar player, and the first song I ever learned was Smoke on the Water by Deep Purple, but I also learned the intro to Thunderstruck by Ac/dc the same day.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:23 pm
The first song I ever learned was a smashing pumpkins b-side called Jupiter's Lament. The song is a simple vocal and guitar with just billy corgan. If you ever have a chance to hear it, don't pass it by.  

Manic Dingo

paintboxgirl

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:28 am
The very first song I learned to play was on the violin and I think it was Mary had a little lamb. (At least that was what it was supposed to be, I sincerely doubt you could've told from the way I played it ) lol My first guitar song would probably have been Sympathy for the Devil by the Rolling Stones since it was high on the charts about the time I was learning.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:00 pm
the first thing I learned on guitar was
"face" from the anime beck
then "stay together for the kids" by Blink 182  

A Dance Hall Drug

Space_Monkee

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:11 pm
I'd have to say it was "Knockin' On Heaven's Door" by Bob Dylan, followed by "Mannish Boy" by Muddy Waters.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:44 pm
First songs...On flute, my first actual song I learned to play was "Never An Absolution" (I know, a sappy Titanic song, who cares), and guitar was probably the introduction riff to Aerosmith's "Walk This Way", piano was "Scarborough Fair", and as for singing, I've done that a lot, but for my first solo in front of a group of people, I sang "Come Together" by The Beatles.  

Spectrum_Rhapsody

Dorijael

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:45 pm
I learned [on a guitar] the bass intro of Lithium by "Nirvana"  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:22 pm
all the small things by blink 182
No, definitly not the most challenging of them, but i knew that song from beggining to end so nyah!  

Madame Catastrophe

Dapper Dabbler

8,400 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Contributor 150

rory87

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:36 pm
the first song i learned must have been Love is all around by Wet wet wet and of course the intro to Nothing else matters.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:55 pm
Guitar- Ripple (Greatful Dead)
Drums- Seven Nation Army (White Stripes0
Bass- Dazed and Confused
(Led Zeppelin)
vocals- Mary had a little lamb (My greatest acheivment ;D)  

aCapitalFellow

moosiklady

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:42 am
I've been playing piano longer than most of you have been alive! I still have my first recital piece memorized - it's called "Haunted House". My first guitar song that I was really proud of is called "Silver Sand Rag".  
The Music Artists Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games