Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

since i need one
  tektek! yay!!!
  gold! yay!!!
View Results

Thistle Butterfly

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:55 am
ok, well i've actually been planning to do this ever since gaia introduced the tattoos, and have only been waiting for tektek to introduce the items in order to create it. to put it simply, i love the new tattoos, however, it is so difficult for me to figure out outfits that will really show off these tattoos. so, i decided to create this game. the challenge: to create an avatar with an outfit that successfully shows off these tattoos. (i will also choose a specific tattoo to tektek as well.) and if i think it looks really awesome, i may feature it in a new post. (note: it is possible that i may choose more than one for each tattoo category.) so onto the rules.

Rules:

1. must be a female avatar. the reason why is because i think it's far more challenging to try to create an outfit that successfully show off the tattoos for a female avatar, than it is for a male avatar (especially the chest versions.) the female avatars always have to have something covering the top portion of their bodies, so i believe that makes it so much harder to find an outfit that works with the tattoos. for certain tattoos that are automatically covered up when equipping a female avatar, i may allow exceptions. but this will be very rare.

2. the tattoo must be visible. certain portions of the tattoo may be covered up, however, if you have to say, "well, u can't see the tattoo right now, but trust me it's there," then it's not showing off the tattoo.

3. when i feature a tattoo, please try to show the whole tattoo on the body. (for instance, if the current tattoos featured are the blue tribal torso tattoo and blue tribal bottom tattoo, even though they can be equipped separately, i would like to see both on the avatar.) if part of the tattoo is covered by clothing that's ok, but if there's skin available on the avatar, then try to place the whole tattoo that i feature on the avatar you choose.
(the only exception to this rule is the right arm/left arm tattoos. if you feel the avatar looks nicer with only one of these equipped, you may do so. based on my judgment, other tattoo options might also be added as an exception.)

4. and most important, have fun! that was the main objective of creating this thread so try not to take anything that happens here too seriously. biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:01 am
CURRENT TATTOO

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

STAR TATTOO CHEST & ARM SET * (MALE EXCEPTION TATTOO)

*: why i decided to make this a male base tektek instead of a female base is because this tattoo (the star chest tattoo) doesn't equip properly on a female base (most of the tattoo is cut off so u only see a triangle rather than the whole star). THEREFORE THIS IS A MALE BASE TEKTEK ONLY

note: since the star arm tattoo is so small, even though i would prefer to see it, i won't mind if it is not shown on the tektek.  

Thistle Butterfly

Thistle Butterfly

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:06 am
HALL OF FAME

(note: this place will be reserved for what i consider the most unique, and well-created avatars. however, these are all based only on my personal preferences and opinions. you are absolutely allowed to agree/disagree with my selections.)

WINNERS:

ROUND 1: DRAGON SET TATTOOS

User Image
ShroudedGirl

i chose this one because i just couldn't resist this spicy number by ShroudedGirl. congrats. biggrin

ROUND 2: TRIBAL TORSO TATTOOS & TRIBAL BOTTOM TATTOOS

User Image
chi honda

fantastic, sparkling, amazing, awesome, gorgeous, pretty, unique: there aren't enough good words to describe how much i liked this tektek by chi honda. i definitely enjoyed it. thanks so much for submitting it chi honda. biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:07 am
HONORABLE MENTION

(i decided to make this column because i really wanted to narrow the hall of fame down to one winner, but even though i have only one winner in the hall of fame column, i still felt there were well-created avatars that deserved recognition. any avatars that didn't make it into the hall of fame, but i still felt deserved a spotlight will be placed here.)

ROUND 1:

DRAGON SET TATTOOS

User Image
Candy_Cain

this submission by Candy_Cain was both cool and refreshing. even though it didn't make the hall of fame, i felt it definitely deserved an honorable mention. gj Candy_Cain.

ROUND 2:

TRIBAL TORSO TATTOOS & TRIBAL BOTTOM TATTOOS

User Image
moopies

this ninja looking avatar (and i say ninja because of the katanas, lol) looked both menacing and fun at the same time. definitely cool moopies.

User Image
kerani

this tektek by kerani was both cool and classy. not to mention i liked the color combination of black, white, and pink. definitely deserved an honorable mention. gj kerani.  

Thistle Butterfly

Thistle Butterfly

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:07 am
Reserved  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:08 am
Reserved  

Thistle Butterfly

Thistle Butterfly

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:10 am
Thread is now open! Feel free to post as many as you like. I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with. biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:12 am
Yay! Hold on a sec..  

CandySplurge

CandySplurge

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:16 am
User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:19 am
yay! my first poster! that looks totally awesome candy cain. thanks for the post. biggrin  

Thistle Butterfly

Beatngufan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:54 am
User Image
Total Value: 17,750 Gold
[Item Information]

Item List:
Blue Pink Dragon Bottom Tattoo
Blue Pink Dragon Torso Tattoo
Black Strapless Bra
Wet Blue Skimpy Swim Bottom  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:53 pm