Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Darkest Yaoi Ever? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

thatdrncat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:17 am
Hello! I'm looking for a really dark yaoi to read. If anyone could give me titles and basic plotlines, I would quite appreciate it. 3nodding

What's the darkest yaoi you've ever read?
Why was it so?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:03 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
{: A Barrel Roll....

Well seeing that you are asking for a book BASED on yaoi and or BL as the main topic.
I do not know what I could give you. Try the internet.

....can you do one? :}
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Death PIague

Sierra_Quest

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:35 pm
Sky scrapers of Oz
basicly a manga full of gorgeous boys all over each other with one sex addicted couple and one angst ridden couple and later also sex addicted.
oh and not to mention both the semi's are in a spy like proffesion.
on a scale of 1 to 10. 11

Poison cherry drive
personaly not one of my faves but it does carry a storyline of a gay support group for other gay men. forinstance one character was raped when he was younger and he goes to the group to get revenge on the guy that raped him and to overcome his fear of naked men. if i could of gone back i would of borrowed it instead of buying it but it was alot of laughs and a little bit confusing.
it gets a 4.

Pleasure Dome
hot guys, sex, fantabulous art, sex, an unique storyline, sex, torture and a whole new take on the kama sutra.....oh and did i mention sex
it gets a 7

Innocent bird
i cannot say enough about this series it has to be one of my fave's and i only have the first book. it's angels against demons in this wonderful yaoi adventure. woderful art, a great storyline,and last but not least.....eye candy.
it gets a 9

Earthian
An older series that follows the plotline of angels realy being aliens from another planet debating the destruction or protection of earth and all human kind.....not your run of the mill bible cherubs.
some what of a softer version of innocent bird with a whole lot of angst dished out to the main couple. not to much sex in this one but the art itself i absolutely fantastic
it gets an 8

Gorgeous carat
not to much yaoi in this one till book 3 but who can resist a manga about a thief and his love for one of his faveorite amethyst eyed treasures
Awesome awesome story love it much.
it gets a 9

let Dai
a korean manga about teenage gangs and how one boy falls in love with the leader of the toughest gang in all korea. Angst ridden and violent...if your into that kind of thing.
also a fave of mine.
it gets a 7

Loveless
angst and eye candy....need i say more
great art but story line is sometimes confusing.

Jazz
a younger patient older doctor relationship....angst....need i say more

Blacknight
a young prince falls in love with the most talented knight in the kingdom.
angst,sex,art,sex,story, sex.......hot sex?

Cantarella
not necaserily a yaoi (one kiss in book 5 or 6 but more is to be expected, i hope!!!) but if your into dark and corrupted storylines a box of black crayons ain't got nothin on these books. Not to mention awesome art.

Legal drug
two guys are sent on angst ridden missions and are forced to use their psyhcic powers to complete said missions. i'll give you a hint. Their powers only work if they touch something..... mrgreen
unfortunetly this series has been left incomplete by clamp but i hope they have plans to finish it.

hope that helps  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:35 pm
First of all, are you talking about Angst or Dark themes? Because frankly, I don't consider angst on it's own to really count and some of the titles people are suggesting are just angsty, but not really dark.

I've read manga with guys getting raped by those orange street cones. That's pretty dark and weird and ugh if you ask me. Of course, you'll never find such a thing available on the market to purchase. The Finder Series by Ayano Yamane is pretty heavy. Midaresomenishi: A Legend of Samurai Love by Kodaka Kazuma is another one, with rape and control issues at work. Other than that, I have no real suggestions other than surf the internet.  

For-Chan Cookie
Captain

7,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200

thatdrncat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:39 pm
Hmm, thanks to those who help. I'm not looking for angst- I mean dark. Not internet stuff, either.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:08 pm
If Yaoi was dark, how would you see the lovely manxman-like sexyness?

Oh well, aside from my smart a** remark, what exactly are you looking for? A dark story? I agree with the Ayano recommendation by For-Chan. Although, most of the BL I've seen available was angsty or predictable. Or fluff.

Are you looking for a significant storyline?

Pax et lux

This is Major Tom

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:08 pm
Anything by Sadahiro Mika is pretty damn dark. Vampires, rape, violence, prison sex, murder. It's all in there (at least, the ones I read). Of course, it's so dark, it'll probably never be licensed here. It's way too intense for the market. Then again, anything's possible.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:56 am
but THere is one...
It is called "Zeus"
I don't know if you could call it "dark" though
Oh and I highly recommend "Cantarella!"

This Post has been edited by a Mod. Do not give out, ask for, or offer to PM people with filesharing links. This is against our Constitution and Gaia's ToS. It is a bannable offense.  

Saku The New Moon

Chakura

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:27 pm
i would have to agree that Canterella is a pretty dark manga but very good  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:48 pm
Enzai was a dark yaoi anime. For those who have watched it, they know exactly what I'm talking about.

Not to spoil it, but uh...on Guy's first day in jail he got gangraped, what, 3 or 4 times?! eek And then the guard guy was merciless O.o;; Guy (that's his name) just kept getting screwed over!

Seven by Momoko Tenzen, the last two oneshots in Othello by Hasumi Toui, Cut by Toko Kawai, and Overdose by Toko Kawai were all really sad.

But the most depressing yaoi manga I've read was definitely Saihate no Kimi e by Haruka Minami crying It was so sad, I almost cried! I'm not too sure how I feel about the ending though...it kinda bugged stare

otakubaybay

Kashira Ka04

Liberal Perfectionist

5,900 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:36 pm
Dark Prince

Is about a prince who kills any boys whose names start with the letter A. He says his god who he also claims is his lover told him to. The king is worried about his crazy behavior and so, sends this guy spy on the prince by being the prince's butler (I think). When the "butler" talks to the prince's brother about the issue, he claims that he is also the prince's lover.

Anyways the art looked pretty on the cover, and it seemed pretty dark too. I don't actually know how good this one is, though, because I only read the advertisement in a pamphlet by, I think Drama Queen.

Sorry that I can't remember it to well~ XD

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:47 pm
I think Sukisyo is pretty dark. Makes me depressed crying
And Enzai.  

Tomega Therion

Sheard

Man-Hungry Kitten

9,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:04 pm
Darkest I've read was Kaori Yuki's Boys Next Door, which is a boys love one-shot involving an adult serial killer and a 14-year old male prostitute. Unfortunately this one is currently unlicensed, so you won't find it on store shelves in the US. (Actually anything by Kaori Yuki is going to be a bit dark to one extent or another.)

Also this manga ironically takes place in the US so the relationship itself between the two characters would be considered completely illegal in the first place... But what makes this one so dark.. MASSIVELY COMPLETE SPOILER -> { Is that within the first few pages of the manga, we find that the prostitute is dead due to having been killed by the serial killer... who's killed many other underaged male prostitutes. Most of the story is a flash-back that leads up to it. You're reading it knowing that no matter how sweet the relationship looks at first that ultimately the prostitute is going to be murdered. Ultimately at the end, the serial killer sees a vision of the prostitute he killed and jumps off a building thus dies also. }  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:39 am
Canterella.  

Coy Face

The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out