Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
What's a realm? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SonarP

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:32 pm
._. Isn't the realms the astral planes?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:58 pm
Which tradition are you asking about?  

TeaDidikai

SonarP

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:17 am
-_- I'm not really sure. A friend of mine said how interesting it would be to have a coalition of magic(k) workers to bring all the realms together. I replied with saying it was a bit too big for me to grasp, and then he just got annoyed with me for my effort in imagining. The problem is that I'm not sure if the astral planes are the same as the realms, or if a realm is much bigger. I see them as eternally expanding, so I'm not sure what good it would do to bring them all together.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:34 am
It isn't possible. For a start- some of the otherworlds exist by virtue of not being corporeal. If one even could break that which keeps the otherworlds apart- think of how many nasty things we are protected from by virtue of being corporeal beings.

Also, would anyone want Da'at to swarm over Yesode? I know I for one am not a big fan of the idea of the twice infernal Kether crashing over our Malkuth.  

TeaDidikai

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:36 pm
Certain things are separated for the safety of the residents...

We had an issue, at our local Aquarium...
In one of the exotic fish tanks, they placed a shark...
They kept the shark well fed and comfortable... yet it would not stop eating the other fishies...
The moral is... sometimes separate tanks aren't such a bad thing.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:58 am
Of note- this idea would make for a wonderful Mr. Dark.

I mean...

"OH NOSE! I LET THE DEMONZ IN!"  

TeaDidikai

Starlock

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:38 am
SonarP
-_- I'm not really sure. A friend of mine said how interesting it would be to have a coalition of magic(k) workers to bring all the realms together. I replied with saying it was a bit too big for me to grasp, and then he just got annoyed with me for my effort in imagining. The problem is that I'm not sure if the astral planes are the same as the realms, or if a realm is much bigger. I see them as eternally expanding, so I'm not sure what good it would do to bring them all together.

How 'bout you ask your friend what he meant by 'the realms?' That term could refer to a heck of a lot of things and asking him to clarify what he meant might enable this to be put to rest in yer mind. whee

Personally, when I think realm I just think any sort of categorizable region of space... a domain or a kingdom... nothing more specific than that. That's what Mr. Dictionary says at any rate.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:31 am
Starlock
SonarP

How 'bout you ask your friend what he meant by 'the realms?' That term could refer to a heck of a lot of things and asking him to clarify what he meant might enable this to be put to rest in yer mind. whee

Personally, when I think realm I just think any sort of categorizable region of space... a domain or a kingdom... nothing more specific than that. That's what Mr. Dictionary says at any rate.

We talked about what would happen if all the realms came together a long time ago...he's someone that DOES NOT like to repeat himself.  

SonarP

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:32 am
SonarP
We talked about what would happen if all the realms came together a long time ago...he's someone that DOES NOT like to repeat himself.

If he's giving you new information, he's NOT repeating himself.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:30 pm
SonarP

Hmmm... then he has an issue.

For a start, people's understanding on spiritual matters can change with time.  

TeaDidikai

[BlkCat]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:48 am
# kingdom: a domain in which something is dominant; "the untroubled kingdom of reason"; "a land of make-believe"; "the rise of the realm of cotton in the south"
# domain: a knowledge domain that you are interested in or are communicating about; "it was a limited domain of discourse"; "here we enter the region of opinion"; "the realm of the occult"
# kingdom: the domain ruled by a king or queen
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

Area(s) a god is responsible for. Does not have to be in a material sense.
www.geocities.com/cheshirekatz/gazebo/mythoterms.html  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:18 am
TeaDidikai
Of note- this idea would make for a wonderful Mr. Dark.

I mean...

"OH NOSE! I LET THE DEMONZ IN!"

Oddly enough, I have heard people talking about opening up portals to darker realms or darker levels of the spirit realm. I am sure I have heard Sylvia Brown give a message to someone about doing such a thing. Not sure what she said to do about it though.  

jaden kendam

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:42 am
jaden kendam

Oddly enough, I have heard people talking about opening up portals to darker realms or darker levels of the spirit realm. I am sure I have heard Sylvia Brown give a message to someone about doing such a thing. Not sure what she said to do about it though.
Ick.

My best hope is that they are inept and fail.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:34 pm
Deoridhe
SonarP

If he's giving you new information, he's NOT repeating himself.

No, we talked about it before. I just don't remember what he said about bringing all the realms together. I don't get how it's supposed to be a good thing...but that's me.  

SonarP

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:29 am
SonarP
No, we talked about it before. I just don't remember what he said about bringing all the realms together. I don't get how it's supposed to be a good thing...but that's me.

Okay, if you don't remember, please tell me how we're supposed to be psychic, read the mind of a guy we don't even know, and tell you what he thinks?

Seriously, I've been in a state of disbelief this entire thread because the only person who knows what he means when he says "realm" is, well, him - and he's not here.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff