Mazza's Voice

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:08 am

This isn't so much to talk about Marilyn Mansons music, but something weird I noticed watching footage from download...

His voice has died, thats it, gone, kaput, blamo.

When he was performing songs like rock is dead and beautiful people, he couldn't hit any of the notes he could hit normally, it sounded like a jarring mess to me, it also explains a lot about his more recent works in my opinion and why he shifted from aggressive glam metal and industrial into what he'[s no performing, slow raspy that don't require much vocal alteration.

So has anyone else noticed this, and has his voice gone forever, is it maybe time he considers retiring altogether?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:31 pm

When I first read the title, I was like "LOLWUT? WHOZ MAZZA?"

Anyway, it's probably due to the way he has been singing before - like you said, aggressive and a bit screechy on parts; it could've tired his voicebox to the point of doing that.
That, or it could be the result of another physical condition - maybe from smoking or something (assuming that he smokes).

I've heard of Peter Murphy suffering from a similar issue (minus the screechy thing, of course).

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:10 pm

-Resurrected Writer-

That, or it could be the result of another physical condition - maybe from smoking or something (assuming that he smokes).

Random fun fact that has no real revalence:
Marilyn Manson doesn't smoke, at least not cigarettes. Infact, in an interview he has said that once he sees a person smoking he finds it near impossible to listen to them.
Not out of enviromental/health concerns, just a random thing.

*Disappears into the mist*
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:56 pm

As said, he doesn't smoke.

But his voice is probably getting destroyed by cocaine. It's pretty well known that he's a big cocaine user, and that drug absolutely destroys your voice. What sandpaper does to wood? Yeah, that's essentially what cocaine does to your air passages. It's a hard grain being rapidly dragged across soft tissue. Very bad for the pharynx, larynx, and bronchi, not to forget lung capacity (or brain cells).

Is his voice gone forever?

If he keeps snorting coke, probably. He could even lose his voice (i.e. actually become mute) altogether. If he stops soon and gets vocal therapy, he could probably save his voice and even get back to it's strength from an album or two ago. I doubt he'll ever be able to hit the notes he did in his first 2 albums though, even with therapy.

GilAskan
Crew

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:15 am

GilAskan
But his voice is probably getting destroyed by cocaine. It's pretty well known that he's a big cocaine user, and that drug absolutely destroys your voice. What sandpaper does to wood? Yeah, that's essentially what cocaine does to your air passages. It's a hard grain being rapidly dragged across soft tissue. Very bad for the pharynx, larynx, and bronchi, not to forget lung capacity (or brain cells).

Well to be honest, snorting coke never really harmed Lemmy's singing voice, infact some would argue it added to it, and given the way he sings, it would be surely more damaging to his career, then it would be to Mazza's. I mean lets face it Lemmy has done more drugs then anyone else in the world, so much so that a blood transplant, would be such a shock to his system, he'd suffer cardiac arrest.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:30 pm

Ah, I didn't know that he did coke (then again, I haven't really looked into the things he does, anyway). Plus, I just figured the possibility of smoking, since it can eventually damage the voice box, as well.

As for quitting cocaine, that could be a seriously difficult issue (as it is with any addictive substance). But at least he has the cash to look into professional help.

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:38 pm

I've always thought he sucked anyway.

User Image
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:22 pm

MortSanglant

User Image

I don't know I quite liked Antichrist Svperstar and Portrait of an American Family.

Rellik San
Crew

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:24 pm

Rellik San
MortSanglant

User Image

I don't know I quite liked Antichrist Svperstar and Portrait of an American Family.

That's you. This is me.

User Image
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:11 am

MortSanglant
Rellik San
MortSanglant

User Image

That's you. This is me.

User Image

No need to be quite so aggressive I was just pointing out how very different those albums are to the bulk of his work. sweatdrop

Rellik San
Crew

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:25 am

Rellik San
MortSanglant
Rellik San
MortSanglant

User Image

That's you. This is me.

User Image

No need to be quite so aggressive I was just pointing out how very different those albums are to the bulk of his work. sweatdrop

It's not aggression. It's me pointing out that I gave my opinion, and I can't be convinced otherwise.

User Image
Music - Related Topics

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff