Reply Non Star Trek Discussion Forum
Immigration

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Saoraan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:49 am
... I wanted to start this thread because the subject has been weighing heavily on my mind of late. This thread would be to discuss all the illegal immigration and immigrants in the U.S. and what is being done or not done about it. I believe that much tougher security measures are required and that all the illegal immigrants that are found should be immediately deported. These people have the absolute gall to illegally sneak into our country and then hold protests in our cities demanding that we give them citizenship! The nerve! Please comment on this as I would deeply appreciate your opinions on this controversial and important issue.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:29 pm
If it were up to me, there would be no borders and people would be free to live wherever they please. Most people disagree with me because they care about a particular country's economy, or they have a strong sense of nationalism, but I couldn't care less about those things. I know dividing the world into smaller sections makes it easier to control, but people become too obsessed with power and start to enforce things that should never be enforced, such as border policies.

I'm sorry you feel so horribly against immigrants, and I'm sorry you feel so protective over some piece of land that was never yours anyway. Often, immigrants can either not afford the expensive immigration process, or they are denied access due to quotas. What personal harm to you are these people doing by demanding they be made citizens? Why do so many people refuse to see alternative sides when it comes to immigration?  

Recca

O.G. Noob

5,700 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Beta Gaian 0

Saoraan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:30 pm
I do not have a problem with the immigrants themselves but if the current influx continues overpopulation could become a serious problem there would not be any jobs left and there would not be enough food to feed everyone and there would not be enough land for them to live in. We are already seeing these problems in the more populous cities where people are living in terrible poverty rising population will only make these problems worse. What you, Recca propose would be excellent if conditions were ideal (like those in star trek) but unfortunately in the real world conditions are far less than ideal so for now we need borders and a controlled population. Unfortunately.  
Non Star Trek Discussion Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games