Reply Music - Related Topics
Romantic gothic music Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

wickerseer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:34 pm

Hey, I was wondering if there are any other bands that share the dark, romatic themes of HIM. I know about a band called allucard, but thats all I could find. Can anyone help me out?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:18 pm

In all honesty, I'm not overly familiar with HIM.

As for 'romantic', do you mean a sort of 'I love you' romantic, or romantic in the nineteenth century philisophical sense of the word?

As for lovey-dovey gothic songs, I honestly know of very few, but perhaps look into the following...

A Dreaming Kiss by Autumn Tears

Griffith Park by Black Tape for a Blue Girl

Here Comes the Rain Again (I have no clue who the original artist of it is, but The Cruxshadows have a lovely cover of it...)

Apart from that, perhaps look into Nightwish. Though not a goth band, thier music is somewhat dark and oftentimes quite romantic.

If you're looking for music reflecting the philisophical aspects of romanticism, I can likely provide you with somewhat more music.

DreamerSpirit

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:25 pm

DreamerSpirit

I was just about to suggest that band xd
Besides which, many ethereal groups (another example being Lycia) tend to have something of a romantic or emotional quality to them.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:32 pm

DreamerSpirit
In all honesty, I'm not overly familiar with HIM.

As for 'romantic', do you mean a sort of 'I love you' romantic, or romantic in the nineteenth century philisophical sense of the word?

As for lovey-dovey gothic songs, I honestly know of very few, but perhaps look into the following...

A Dreaming Kiss by Autumn Tears

Here Comes the Rain Again (I have no clue who the original artist of it is, but The Cruxshadows have a lovely cover of it...)

Apart from that, perhaps look into Nightwish. Though not a goth band, thier music is somewhat dark and oftentimes quite romantic.

If you're looking for music reflecting the philisophical aspects of romanticism, I can likely provide you with somewhat more music.

The song was originally by Eurythmics.
3nodding

Nero PsyKoTiX

Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:54 pm

I was under the impression HIM wasnt goth. neutral
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:26 am

Digital Malevolence
I was under the impression HIM wasnt goth. neutral

They aren't.

Unfortunately, many websites (even those who are otherwise reliable) list them as goth-rock when they are not. Their image and "dark" lyrical content further the false information.

GilAskan
Crew

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:42 am

Looking for something fiendishly romantic?

I have a few recommendations, definetely. Not much like HIM in sound, but in themes? Yeah, and to the extreme of them.

Voltaire
Blending the mystery of European folk with the sultry swank of German cabaret, Voltaire pushes the envelope of romanticism in modern music. His deep croon harkens back to the days of Sinatra, his sharp writing to the days of Byron. For specific songs, I highly suggest the tragically romantic "Ravens Land", the very personal "I'm Sorry" or "Believe", or the absolutely chilling "Anastasia".

The Cure
Early goth-rockers and gloom-masters the Cure have always been romantic and dramatic to the extreme. Robert Smith's breathy voice makes Vilo Vallo sound like a school girl. While their themes remain consistent, their style has evolved. For something more goth-rock, look to "One Hundred Years" or "Charlotte Sometimes"; for something a bit more poppy, look to "Friday I'm in Love"; for something in between, look to "Pictures of You".

Nick Cave
A crooner in his own respect, Nick Cave has been a hopeless romantic since he began his career with the Bad Seeds in the 80's. His poetic and deeply introspective material is truly beautiful, and his classic sound can be appreciated by listeners of all ages. I highly suggest you look up some of his legendary ballads, such as "(Are You) The One I've Been Waiting For?" "Where the Wild Roses Grow" or "Straight to You".

Iggy Pop
He's more commonly associated with his proto-punk image and insane stage shows, but as he matured, it's hard to be ignored how much slink Iggy got to his styllings. I personally suggest you look up "Nightclubbin'" "The Passenger" or "I Felt the Luxury" for something a bit more humid.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:08 am

Thanks alot, and I didnt really mean to call HIM gothic, sorry, lol. But I'll have to take a look into them all.

wickerseer

.+Melanthios+.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:59 pm

Also,recently i've been listening to a bit of james D. Stark.......he's a bit more electro, but his lyrics leave a lasting impression......
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:49 am

Seriously peeps, there is the one stop shop...

Type O Negative,
By My Druidess,
Cinnamon Girl,
Love you to Death.

What more do you need. :3

Well if you want to turn it down a notch and go more acoustic, theres always poets of the fall, particularly the song Sleep.

Rellik San
Crew

Deadside Dreams

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:00 pm

I wouldn't call any of it overly gothic, but some good songs that are romantic that most goths like are stuff like...

The 69 Eyes - Dance D'amore
Rammstein - Ohne Dich
Rammstein - Amour
London After Midnight - Demon
Lords of Acid - Rough Sex (not really romantic, but funny, and a good beat for... you know...)
Alkaline Trio - Blue Carolina
Alkaline Trio - If We Never Go Inside
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:17 pm

I have a few more songs to add!

Given- Black Tape For A Blue Girl

Monument- The Cruxshadows (it's more a song about lost love than just love)

Helen- The Cruxshadows (see above comment for "Monument")

Let All The Poets Sing- The Mirror Reveals

Music of the Night- Phantom of the Opera Soundtrack (not exactly gothic, but very beautiful and sensual)

Gloomy Sunday- Rezso Seress (again, not gothic, and it dosn't even have lyrics, but is just a very deep, emotional, and sensual peice)

Love Song- The Cure (this is really more pop than anything else, but is a great song anyways...)

DreamerSpirit

Snows Wyntre

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:05 pm

I am going to list bands, sorry if they have been listed already, but I am going to keep it to a simple list of bands.....

Corvus Corax, No words, but sounds beautiful!
The Cure
David Bowie, isn't really goth, but is good...
Bach is a musical composer, with a darker sound... Especially in Toccatta and Fugue in D minor.
Malice Mizer, is, but is Japanese.
Matchbox Twenty, not really goth, but has the mood you are asking for.
Savage Garden, to the same effect.
Sisters of Mercy
Siouxie and the Banshees (obviously)
Best of all, for creativity and ranging in songs:
The previously mentioned,
Voltaire!!!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:14 pm

A few album suggestions:

Victorialand (Cocteau Twins)
Love Is Blind (Claire Voyant)
With A Million Tear-Stained Memories (Black Tape For A Blue Girl)
Drowning Dreams (The Shroud)
Peepshow (Siouxsie and the Banshees) - the later tracks.

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

osirisgoauldgoddess

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:09 pm

Here a few songs.
Most romantic song imo: Sisters of Mercy: Marian (Version).
L`Amme Immortelle: life will never be the same again (classic version)
Inkubus Sukkubus: Heart of Lilith
WeltenBrand: The bewitched Tears
Charitona: Wolfskiller
Umbra et Imago: alles schwarz
Dracul: die grosse Leere
Das Ich: Dunkle Land and although not romantic, but I like the chorus: Kain und Abel
Music - Related Topics

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff