Reply Fantasy Books Guild
Kate Forsyth - The witches of Eileanan

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

fjng fbghfkbgif

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:22 am

I was wondering if anyone else had read this series. I found them awesome and really hard to put down. Haven't read her secound series as I was too scared it would let me down and change my opinion of her first books. What do you think about her first books? And has anyone read her secound series? I loved the plot in the first series of the two sisters so close and yet so different. And how they pretty much learnt to live in each others life styles. Who was your favourite character? Iseult or Isabeau? Who do you feel more similar to? Me personally I feel more alike to Isabeau. If you haven't read these books, i give a recommendation to them. 3nodding The style of witch power is just my type. Hope you like them.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:01 pm

I've read them. I liked them but they aren't my favorites. I would recommend them to fantasy readers too.

lovebooks

fjng fbghfkbgif

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:08 pm

lovebooks
I've read them. I liked them but they aren't my favorites. I would recommend them to fantasy readers too.

Not my favourites either, but a very good read anyway. ^-^
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:22 pm

I've just started reading them: I'm up to book 3 at the moment.
I like Isabeau's character, and Lilanthe is pretty good also. I think Kate Forsyth focused more on Isabeau than anyone else.

However, I don't like Iseult or Lachlan much. Iseult just seems a bit inconsistent and 2-dimensional to me, and Lachlan is a very angry person. He seems to have no common sense either. Strangling a baby? I don't have much respect for him.

The books are good though, which is why I continue to read them. =)

Saiwen

CastleAlyts

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:49 pm

Personally I like her. One the authors I have searched out to read even more. I like the writing style. But the story is rather neat and it got me through many weeks of escaping into her world. And wishing that I had a familiar as well, I think I still have all of her books somewhere.

As for the second series, its in the same world, but she does tend to make the men weak for some odd reason.
Fantasy Books Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games