Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Extended Discussion
Evolution VS Creationism Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which one?
  Evolution
  Creationism
  Other
  Don't care.
View Results

[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:29 pm
Do you believe in evolution, creationism, or something else altogether?

Evolution: The theory that humans evolved from lower-life forms, and that the world and the Universe was created through a chain of cause-and-effect.

Creationism: The theory or belief that there is/was a higher power that created all life.

Other: Aliens? I don't know.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:09 am
Evolution just makes more logical sense to me. We can't all have just gone poof out of 7 days of work. Because God "made" those days. And who made God? God just went through a door and was all like, "I'm gonna make something~ *whistles*"
Yeah whatever.  

Dave Dave

[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:02 pm
I've read a few articles relating creationism to evolution, or trying to explain some subjects in creationism through science. One thing that really stuck with me, though, was this: A day is the complete turning of the earth, so that the entire surface has faced the sun.
So seven days may not have been precisely 168 hours, but instead seven times of "the rising and setting of the sun."  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:42 am
Creationism, but not a divine level, on an alien level, thats my belief that we are no more then a passing blink of an eye in some grand scientific endeavour by a much more powerful race then our own.  

Rellik San
Captain

The Dadalorian
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:45 pm
Dave Dave
Evolution just makes more logical sense to me. We can't all have just gone poof out of 7 days of work. Because God "made" those days. And who made God? God just went through a door and was all like, "I'm gonna make something~ *whistles*"
Yeah whatever.
you don't know the bible very well
it could be referring to a day in heaven, which is like 1000 years....or 10,000 i forget, but I'll ask and tell you

the only real evolution believe in really is like natural and artificial selection, bottle neck, and those other stuff like that  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:58 pm
Chaos A.D.
Dave Dave
Yeah whatever.
it could be referring to a day in heaven, which is like 1000 years....or 10,000 i forget, but I'll ask and tell you

the only real evolution believe in really is like natural and artificial selection, bottle neck, and those other stuff like that

Thank you for backing me up on the "days" problem. 3nodding  

[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Crew

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:18 pm
[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Chaos A.D.
Dave Dave
Yeah whatever.

Thank you for backing me up on the "days" problem. 3nodding

But as the bible is written from mortal perspective, then surely its not unruly to assume that the earth was made in 6 mortal days (nothing happened on the sabbath as it was the day of rest) He undertook one action a day and as a being with infinite power to create I don't doubt that if god does exist then it was in 6 days.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:41 am
You have a good point. Science would be pissed at you for it, though.  

[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Crew

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:29 pm
[Ashes][is][Ashes]
You have a good point. Science would be pissed at you for it, though.
Your saying that to a guy that believes were an experiment by aliens. The scientific community hates me already, as does the religious.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:39 pm
You should hear my science teachers oppenion...its FUNNY!

Anyway,I go with Evolution.  

KeEp-My-CaSkEt-ClOsEd !

Enter My Hatred

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:39 am
They are both compatable with each other except when it comes down to the creator, which even then in JUST creatorism has some fall down problems. neutral  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:48 pm
Ok, here is the day thing in a nutshell. God made the world in SIX DAYS. On Shabat, he rested. DAY means 24 HOUR PEROID. I know hebrew, I understand the words, and the hebrew phrase used means day, as in 24 hour day. Note that the sun, moon, and stars were not created 'till the forth day, but light was created before the first day. so day = 24 hour peroid of darkness and light, and there were six of them God created in, and one he rested on.  

Silver Wingling

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:23 am
Talmar_Star_Blood
Ok, here is the day thing in a nutshell. God made the world in SIX DAYS. On Shabat, he rested. DAY means 24 HOUR PEROID. I know hebrew, I understand the words, and the hebrew phrase used means day, as in 24 hour day. Note that the sun, moon, and stars were not created 'till the forth day, but light was created before the first day. so day = 24 hour peroid of darkness and light, and there were six of them God created in, and one he rested on.

I thought the day of Rest was called the day of Sabbath not Shabat, and the point is a 24 hour period on earth is 10,000 years in heaven, so the question being raised about the time it took, is was the book of genesis referring to time on a divine or mortal scale, as time is relative to god and has little or no meaning, then its possible we are talking time on a divine scale, but as the bible is written on mortal perspective, I therefore believe it to be time on a mortal scale.

Also light was the first thing created, to allow god a canvas to create the cosmos, it was not a revolving period of light and darkness, not until the light was replaced by the sun and stars and the darkness replaced by the moon and space.

Damn, I'm not even religious and I know this stuff.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:22 pm
Talmar_Star_Blood

"In a nutshell" my a**! I can tell you right now, you sure as hell don't know everything there is to know, and it just pisses me off when you act like you do.

[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Crew

Silver Wingling

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:50 pm
I am a messianic jew, and Shabat is the Hebrew word. Sabbath is a translation. When the bible says a day is like a thousand years, it also says a thousand years is like a day, but that whole verse never makes it plain whether "day" used in the verse means 24 hour time period, or just an amount of time. In hebrew, if a day is refered to as in "day and night" or with a number, like "the fourth day" it means 24 hour peroid, even counting that verse, a day is like a thousand years. so, since Genisis says "the first/seccond/ect day" it has to mean 24 hour peroid, or its not gramatlicy correct. and if you are christian, then you belive the bible is written by god through men, so why would God write a gramatlicly in-correct book?  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff