Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
____ // oba.bear's log Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

oba bear

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:38 pm
_____// oba.bear's log

Keeping my log of progress, exercise, and of what I'm eating. Hopefully this should keep me motivated, and on track. I have a A LOT of weight to lose, so I'm hoping it works.

_____// goals

- Be healthier and fit
- To actually have a body shape I like
- Be able to wear the clothes I want
- Actual goal weight: 180-200lbs. [I'm 6'3" so this would be based on the BMI]

_____// method

Basic calorie counting [1800 per day based on the BMI I'm striving for], plus exercise. I'll be walking or using the Gazelle that my mom bought AGES ago. Plus I want to try Belly dancing.

_____// rewards

20lbs - Next book int the Egyptian series by Willbur Smith
40lbs - Dimmu Borgir InSorti Diablo CD
60lbs - New clothes hopefully. XD
80lbs - Web camera.
Final Weight Loss - Tattoo. Most likely a koi fish on my upper arm. Or just a big back piece of a dragon. Also thought of having two waves that curl up over my hip bones. We'll see if I have the money. XD

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:58 pm
Excellent! Welcome, and good luck with your journey!!!!!

I know how you feel about having a lot of weight to lose. I'm in that boat as well.

biggrin !  

NotteRequiem

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

StilettoReject

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:05 am
Love @ Dimmu Borgir and Finntroll x3 I love your signature!

Good luck! It's really frustrating when you're first starting out, but it'll get better as it goes along! And watching the pounds fall off is incredibly rewarding.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:03 pm
Thank you both for your support. <3 Its good not to be alone in this.  

oba bear

NotteRequiem

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:13 pm
oba bear

I feel like that a lot sometimes. Weight is a really hard thing to lose in my family, mostly because everyone is so overweight that they're obsessive with it.

Keep it up, and you can do it smile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:25 pm
_____// Monday - June 25th, 2007

What I have so far:

_____// Food

Breakfast

Banana - 105 Cal

Snack
Vanila Yogurt - 100 Cal

Lunch

Wrap with Jalapeno humus and tzaiki sauce - 270 Cal
Apple - 72 Cal
Nature Valley Granola Bar - 150 Cal

Supper
Tossed Salad with Basalmic Breeze Spritzer Stuff - 32 Cal
Leftover Hamburger - 883 Cal [O_O;;;;]

Total: 1612 all together. Lower than I expected. Hurrah! Must refrain from eating anything else. >>

_____// Water

1 litre so far, aiming for 2.

Edit: Got my 2Ls. biggrin

_____// Exercise

None yet, going to use the Gazelle for 30 mins. Once I do I'll update.
Plus I might read on how to do a proper belly roll and hip drop.

Edit: Did sit ups instead because I'm dead tired. Going to bed early so I can be awake for tomorrow. XD

_____// Notes

Did pretty good food wise, now I must exercise before I get tiiiiired. I get so sleepy at night. I need to learn to go to bed on time. >>;

oba bear

oba bear

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:32 pm
NotteRequiem
oba bear

I feel like that a lot sometimes. Weight is a really hard thing to lose in my family, mostly because everyone is so overweight that they're obsessive with it.

I know what you mean. My parents both are over weight. I have to tell them no so many times when they offer me something extra to eat.

We both can do iiiit. biggrin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:35 pm
oba bear
NotteRequiem
oba bear

I know what you mean. My parents both are over weight. I have to tell them no so many times when they offer me something extra to eat.

Oh man, totally. And the worst part is, is that they don't stop asking if I want something to eat... It's soooo awful! Then they get mad when i snap at them to leave me be! sad

Oh yea, we can definitely do it! mrgreen  

NotteRequiem

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

oba bear

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:47 pm
NotteRequiem
oba bear
NotteRequiem
oba bear

Oh man, totally. And the worst part is, is that they don't stop asking if I want something to eat... It's soooo awful! Then they get mad when i snap at them to leave me be! sad

Oh yea, we can definitely do it! mrgreen
I hear ya. D:

Even worse my mo will stop at the bakery and buy soooo much stuff. Its torture.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:48 pm
Well, just stick to your guns (take the pun if you like), and you'll be able to do it!  

NotteRequiem

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

oba bear

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:43 pm
_____// Tuesday - June 26th, 2007

Just keep swimming. D:

_____// Food

Breakfast

Banana - 105 Cal

Snack
Apple Juice - 100 Cal

Lunch

Chicken Salad sandwich with Whole Wheat Bread - 534 Cal [Iiiick]
Apple - 72 Cal

Supper
Chicken Ceaser Salad - 404 Cal [Oh gawd]
Piece of Bread w/ Margarine - 100
Apple - 72 Cal
Skim Milk - 90 Cal

Total: 1624 Cal. WTF? I though I was gonna hit 1800.... Well, doing good so far. XD

_____// Water

1 liter so far a few more ml so far.

_____// Exercise

Tried again, but I'm going to force myself to do it while I watch Miami Ink. I was out helping my mom plant flowers, but that wasn't much work. XD

Exercised on the gazelle, could reeeeally feel it in my legs. Now for some sit ups and its time for bed.

_____// Notes

Still working on sleeping. I went to bed at 10 or 11 ish and woke up at 20 to 6. That blowed, big time.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:22 pm
_____// Wednesday - June 27th, 2007

Huuuuump day. ;D

_____// Food

Breakfast

toast with Peanut Butter 304 Cal

Snack

Lunch

Strawberry Banana Yogurt - 100 Cal
Apple - 72 Cal

Supper
Chicken Wrap with veggies and tzaiki sauce 410 Cal
Apple Juice - 100 Cal

Total: 1406 Cal.

I might have something more to eat.... We'll see.

_____// Water

1 liter out of 2.

_____// Exercise

Going to hop on the Gazelle in a bit.

_____// Notes

Doing good. Last night I tried a Turkish drop, but could only mange it for one minute. It huuuuurt. I need to get more flexible. XD

oba bear

oba bear

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:48 pm
_____// Thursday - June 28th, 2007
Was so bad today. D:

_____// Food

Breakfast

toast with Peanut Butter 304 Cal

Snack

Lunch

Strawberry Banana Yogurt - 100 Cal
Stick of Kit Kat - 65 Cal

Apple - 72 Cal

Supper
2 Pices of Pizza - 454 Cal
Garlic fingers - 366 Cal

Total: 1781 Cal. Might be more.

I might have something more to eat.... We'll see.

_____// Water

1 liter out of 2.

_____// Exercise

Must exercise profusely. Maybe an hour.

_____// Notes

I feel so bad. I know I'm supposed to have 1800 Cal a day at my height, but I feel soooooo guilty. D:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:01 pm
Don't feel guilty about your intake :] heart

Also, you had 2 slices of pizza. How often would you say you have pizza? Because when it comes to things like that, there are a lot more things to consider than calories that are more detrimental to your weight loss // health. An average slice of pizza has anywhere between 7-12+ grams of fat in it, and that's WAY more than you should be ingesting. A lot of people pay attention mostly only to the amount of calories something has, but the recommended healthy amount of fat in any thing you eat is 3 or less grams, especially if you're trying to lose weight // maintain a healthy lifestyle. :3

Also, how often do you eat sweets? One kitkat bar has around 220 calories and 11.4 grams of fat :[ And even though it's just one piece of candy (the habit will be tricky to kick, I've been there and I'm still struggling from time to time), just one can be harmful x3 If I have a need for sweets, I try to go for organic and for things like dark chocolate or yogurt. You could also pop a sugar free candy every once and a while. It's a lot like quitting smoking, you just have to substitute it with something else until the cravings disappear x3

StilettoReject

oba bear

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:46 pm
Frau Svenja von Wolfsberg
Don't feel guilty about your intake :] heart

Also, you had 2 slices of pizza. How often would you say you have pizza? Because when it comes to things like that, there are a lot more things to consider than calories that are more detrimental to your weight loss // health. An average slice of pizza has anywhere between 7-12+ grams of fat in it, and that's WAY more than you should be ingesting. A lot of people pay attention mostly only to the amount of calories something has, but the recommended healthy amount of fat in any thing you eat is 3 or less grams, especially if you're trying to lose weight // maintain a healthy lifestyle. :3

Also, how often do you eat sweets? One kitkat bar has around 220 calories and 11.4 grams of fat :[ And even though it's just one piece of candy (the habit will be tricky to kick, I've been there and I'm still struggling from time to time), just one can be harmful x3 If I have a need for sweets, I try to go for organic and for things like dark chocolate or yogurt. You could also pop a sugar free candy every once and a while. It's a lot like quitting smoking, you just have to substitute it with something else until the cravings disappear x3
That was the first time I had it since about last month. I understand what you mean about fat though. Boxers cut ALL of it from their diet when they train and stuff. As for sweets, it was the first actual sweet I have had this week. The night before I was craving something so bad, but I had an apple. The other reason, which is more of an excuse of why I had the piece of Kit Kat was because it was offered to me by a woman at my work. I sort of didn't want to be rude and throw it out. Like I said, more of an excuse. Just being honest I guess.  
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff