9,275 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:07 am

ok my friend I know in real life joined gaia and hes been IMing me like:
"how do I get gold"
"how do I get rich, like you?"

And all this stuff. Now I love helping newbs but most of them get it on the first try. He can't figure out how to mail, read announcements, use the daily chance, or anything simple.
I went his account cuz he told me his password and he sent a messege to himself. The subject was "TokyoSamurai94" which he ment to put in the user name space but he put his user name. Don't tell me I have to explain this to him because I have been since last night! I would give you his name so you coul mail and help him but don't bother, he won't know how to respond to the mail anyway! stressed

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:36 am
oh, thats pretty sad, but i do know the feeling. try teaching your parents...good god is that a trial of patience.

he'll get it soon enough, though it seems like he might need someone to show it to him.  

Blaiz

Kohana Ichibana

9,350 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Love Machine 150
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:53 am
Lol, you know he's only dependant of you because he knows your on here, your kind of his "security blanket" When I first joined gaia I was a wreck cause absolutly NO ONE from my really small home town played Gaia, I actually found Gaia on a forum website by mistake lol, I decided to give it a try just cause I was looking for fun forums at the time. I had no one and I didnt get help at all.. cause of course I was a newby. Sad thing is I never asked for help either cause I was a tad scared. Ehehe funny thing is I remember thinking that gold went away once you logged out so I spent my 600g right away and hoped the last of it would still be there. XD ANYWAY.. enough about me, your friend just wants to make sure he's doing things correctly n.n you should be happy to know someones depending on you to be their security blanket.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:11 pm
wow...that is hard core newbadge  

Scarlet_Angel_of_Darkness

Rob the Crowing

Profitable Sex Symbol

9,275 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:25 am

Kohana you are right in a way but wrong in a way. You at least knew how to mail right? And he doent even know the forums exist.....most newbs dont with all the games attracting them in...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:41 pm
Actually... ehehe I didnt know about mailing, I was on my own afterall, I had no clue what anything was andI had no one to explain to me that I could even mail x.x
I discorvered mailing while tying to figure out what the buttons reading "HOME" "MY GAIA" etc. meant ahaha.

Kohana Ichibana

9,350 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Love Machine 150

gothita

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:44 am
When I joined, nobody was here for me & I'm french so I didn't understand anything. Many times I gave up, but now I understand things. I prefer the old navigation who was easier.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:16 am
ah i know who were talkin about here tokyo. well hes not rlee that bad he knows somethings now like how to send freind request and i believe he learned how to make some gold. hes not hopeless hes still learning i mean ever1 was somewat clueless when they first joined.  

hotfire94

Rob the Crowing

Profitable Sex Symbol

9,275 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:05 am

well I was a little clueless but not that much!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:42 pm
He'll learn. They all do, or else they leave. ^^;; But if he's wants to be on Gaia to talk to you, he'll learn.

Someone else showed me Gaia and how to get around. Of course, it was much easier to get around when I joined. ...Mostly because there were much less buttons to click and much fewer things to do. XD

Post, poll, PM, roam the world map, dress up... that was basically it. XD Anyway, yeah~ well, I'd still forget how to get around. ^^;;
But I learned quickly and explored. :}

sdrawkcab

Vice Captain

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Rob the Crowing

Profitable Sex Symbol

9,275 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:38 am

yeah I remember the way old navigation where there were no games or anything and you ACTUALLY USED the world map.... sweatdrop

Anyway~he has also no idea what the forums are. He is to sucked up in cars and other things on gaia. Since gaia was originally just a forum and the main part still is forums I really think he should know how to post....I told him to go in the GD or chatterbox. I HAD TO WALK HIM THROUGH EVERY STEP.
this is me: (via IM)
me: ok goto community and goto to the forums
him: where?
me: roll over community and click on forums.
me: are you there now?
him: yeah there is a bunch of squares
me: ok find the box that says the GD or chatterbox
him: where?
me: look for it on the damn page!
~~~~
So anyway he finally finds it but posting was down...he didn't even get up to posting. I told him to forget because posting was no working....My friend showed me hoe to do some thing once and I got it. I am pretty sure I'm gonna have to teach him to post again though....

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:23 pm
LOL! heart  

asians shawty

hotfire94

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:33 pm
wow that was pretty sad of him. at least when i asked him wat forums were he kinda knew the answer.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:22 am
yeah cuz I had to tell him like 5 times....

Rob the Crowing

Profitable Sex Symbol

9,275 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200

yinlili

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:47 am
lol rofl  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items