Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JigokuShoujosRevenge

14,440 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • First Fall 15
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:08 pm
Can you fake anime? i mean can you pretend to like anime and get away with it? And why would anyone in the first place? I've mentioned my brother in a different thing. But the point is he says he loves anime yet he's seen only a few episodes of one series or hasn't watched another for the last 20 episodes. Plus he hasn't seen some of the popular anime, like Death Note. Not to mention i think hes barely read manga of any kind.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:24 pm
I think you can be an anime fan as long as you watch it for enjoyment. You don't have to know all the anime out there or even some of the anime on TV to be a fan. If staying up late to catch eps. of Tin Tin is your thing... why not? I would call them an anime fan.  

Wyrn

Shameless Stalker

Da_Nuke

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:26 pm
You mean, can you be an otaku poser?

Well, you can be a poser about pretty much everything, including anime. You can even buy yourself the Death Note and just don't care about that. Hell, you can even be a poser intellectual just by learning how to speak English and reading any s**t-a** book by Dan Brown!

Now, about being able to get away with it... that can be usually perceived as you get to know someone, just like you can recognize a fake intellectual.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:05 am
Da_Nuke
You mean, can you be an otaku poser?

Well, you can be a poser about pretty much everything, including anime. You can even buy yourself the Death Note and just don't care about that. Hell, you can even be a poser intellectual just by learning how to speak English and reading any s**t-a** book by Dan Brown!

Now, about being able to get away with it... that can be usually perceived as you get to know someone, just like you can recognize a fake intellectual.

wow eek  

Vaknar21

Katy87

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:49 pm
Yikes, hostile.

I agree though. I think it is possible to "fake anime" but then every person has there own definition of "liking" something, whether its anime or whatever.
I'm not sure what faking anime would include.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:48 am
Katy87
Yikes, hostile.

I agree though. I think it is possible to "fake anime" but then every person has there own definition of "liking" something, whether its anime or whatever.
I'm not sure what faking anime would include.

yeah i agree i sumtimes wonder to myself if i like anime sometimes some days i feel like i dont like it but to me a anime fan would like talk about at least once a day lol  

EliteNinjah

completly-sane-one

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:41 am
If someone says they like anime but watches only a little and reads little to none, they could still be a fan. Maby if introduced to more anime they will be to that "level" that you would consider a anime fan. There is some anime I absolutly LOVE and some that I don't care for but I'm still a big anime fan where someone would say "spikey orange hair" or "Fluffy" and my ears will twitch.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:20 pm
I think you can IF you put effort into it or not
wow more complex than I thought
I'm gonna go lie down for a while  

Atacis_Grave

Toby_Rukus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:08 pm
I like anime even though I have never read manga and only have seen the anime that I can catch on TV. However now, I am starting to download lots of series oline and watching more and more anime. I think its hard to fake something you LIKE, but there are probably people who fake what thy know about anime, but still like anime.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:20 am
JigokuShoujosRevenge
Can you fake anime? i mean can you pretend to like anime and get away with it? And why would anyone in the first place? I've mentioned my brother in a different thing. But the point is he says he loves anime yet he's seen only a few episodes of one series or hasn't watched another for the last 20 episodes. Plus he hasn't seen some of the popular anime, like Death Note. Not to mention i think hes barely read manga of any kind.

That's not really faking anime, that just not having a commitment to it. Faking anime is saying that you like it when you really don't.  

Syxhad69

lili_tiger

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:29 am
Wyrn
I think you can be an anime fan as long as you watch it for enjoyment. You don't have to know all the anime out there or even some of the anime on TV to be a fan. If staying up late to catch eps. of Tin Tin is your thing... why not? I would call them an anime fan.

Yes i agree totally =] you dont have to know everyting there is about anime or manga to be a fan .. neither do you have to be addicted to it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:41 am
you can pretend to be a bigger fan of it than you are, like people who only watch naruto and say they love anime, but feh i guess if you enjoy it.........................  

rurouni_07

Guristas Associates

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:31 am
You don't have to be like me and be able to tell whenever someone within four square mile mentions anything close to relating to anime to be a fan. In truth, it actually takes more effort to pretend to like something than it does to just like it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:17 am
Sasuke can be a good poser.  

Uchiha_Sasuke fan23

Fuka Narutaki

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:56 pm
It depends of what you think faking would be.

I've heard b.s. on Anime magazines that to be a real otaku you would have to own 3 DVD's players, at least one of them Region 3, this and that...........screw all that, i got a $20 DVD player at my house. I can still watch it on that DVD player. It's just a dang DVD player.

I really don't think you can be a faker.

I know people that said they like anime but only seened the classics and have never intended to watch what's out today.  
An Anime Addict's Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff