View Results

Draketooth Silvertongue

Dapper Sex Symbol

12,900 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:43 pm
Just thought a discussion like this might be interesting.

What if there were a videogame based off the Highlander franchise? How would you make it?

I wouldn't mind seeing an online role-playing game similar to World of Warcraft. Imagine creating an Immortal, or a Watcher and taking him or her through a certain campaign in different periods of time depending on which expansion you have. What do you think? Good idea? Bad?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:30 am
If I could play video games, this is one I would find very interesting!  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

KnitChick

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:17 am
Actually when I first got my Wii I kept thinking "Man would this make for a great Highlander game!" I mean, in the Legend of Zelda game you have to swing the wiimote around to swing Link's sword, and in Marvel Ultimate Alliance you swing it to make Wolverine slash his claws (guess who I like to control biggrin )

I think it would be really interesting to have it as part RPG part action, where you have to role play as an immortal and when you meet another immortal you use the wiimote to control your sword. You start out at whatever time period your chosen immortal was born in (like ancient Sumeria for Methos, or Scotland in the 15th century for Duncan or present day for Richie) and you have to role play and move around and survive battles to survive to the Gathering.

Too bad I don't work for a vid game company....I have SO many great ideas for the Wii platform!!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:22 pm
That does sound good, but I think it might do better as a computer game. The reason being is to have the online role-playing feature, as well as a storyboard feature for those not wanting to play online.

But those are good ideas. Sword fighting other Immortals would be cool.  

Draketooth Silvertongue

Dapper Sex Symbol

12,900 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Gaston Marceau
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:48 am
I think either way, the most important part of any Highlander game would be the storyline...and open ended RPG where you compete to be the One would be easy enough to do...world events in the game can be manipulated by if you choose to be evil, which immortals you kill, etc.

After things like Highlander 2 and 3, you can see why a good storyline for the game would be important. rofl It'd at least be worth a shot in my opinion.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:22 am
It would be fun!!  

kuntrykid

Draketooth Silvertongue

Dapper Sex Symbol

12,900 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:16 pm
I have actually heard rumors that Eidos Interactive has bought some rights to a Highlander themed videogame to come out in 2008. Only thing is, if the rumors are true, it looks like it might only come out in the UK and France.

On a further note imdb.com says that Peter Wingfield is already working on the project as a voice actor for Methos on the game. imdb.com isn't always a 100% reliable source, but it does get quite a few things right sometimes. It says it should be coming out in 2008, although there are no specific dates as of yet.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:29 pm
How cool would THAT be?!  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Draketooth Silvertongue

Dapper Sex Symbol

12,900 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:40 pm
What, that a game is coming out for Highlander or that Methos is in it? mrgreen  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:43 pm
Oh, come on! You know no HIGHLANDER game would be complete without Methos! mrgreen  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Draketooth Silvertongue

Dapper Sex Symbol

12,900 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:48 pm
Very true. Besides, I think if they would have left him out, then fans would revolt.

User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:50 pm
Ever since the Highlander card game came out years ago, I thought that Immortals would make a great game. I hope this works out.

Son of Beren

The Gathering: A Highlander Fan Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff