sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:57 pm
I haven't either.  

Naphatarie

goddess_oraorchid

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:58 pm
*sighs a sigh of relief*I'm not the only one thank god  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:56 pm
From what I know, they never really figured it out exactly either lol. I know that 1,000 stardates = approximately 1 Earth year though. There's a whole article explaining it a little better here  

Morgensterrn

Benevolent Lunatic

11,800 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Sunny Side Up 100
  • Sausage Fest 200

goddess_oraorchid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:21 am
Thanks ^_^  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:29 pm
blbb(who to remind you all is my mom so please don't hit on her) and I figured this out a while ago. In the first season of Tng, Picard states that the stardate is "stardate 41###.#" The rest of the numbers don't matter, just the first two. The writers used the stardates so when the shows went into syndication, fans would know what season the show was in by just listening to the stardate. For example: I haven't been watching tv for a while and I flip to TNG. I don't know what season the episode is until I hear stardate 45###.#. I now know that the episode that Im watching is season 5. This method works in all of the series except Enterprise, because those writers couldn't figure out the stardates. Buncha dweebs. Why didn't they just ask me? I may not be totally right, but I consider myself a genius for getting this much.  

Red Roses in December

6,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200

Emi Uoza

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:51 pm
batgirlblond
blbb(who to remind you all is my mom so please don't hit on her) and I figured this out a while ago. In the first season of Tng, Picard states that the stardate is "stardate 41###.#" The rest of the numbers don't matter, just the first two. The writers used the stardates so when the shows went into syndication, fans would know what season the show was in by just listening to the stardate. For example: I haven't been watching tv for a while and I flip to TNG. I don't know what season the episode is until I hear stardate 45###.#. I now know that the episode that Im watching is season 5. This method works in all of the series except Enterprise, because those writers couldn't figure out the stardates. Buncha dweebs. Why didn't they just ask me? I may not be totally right, but I consider myself a genius for getting this much.

Wow! That's awesome!
Especially because I just picked up watching NG and Voyager and I have no idea what season I'm on.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:09 pm
batgirlblond

I figured it out first razz  

blbb

goddess_oraorchid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:25 pm
thankies to all to all a good trek  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:29 pm
goddess_oraorchid
How do you tell Star dates I never figured it out *lowers head in utter shame*
sweatdrop

Don't feel ashamed. There's no ONE way to do it. There are a lot of calculations that you can do. Just type it into a search engine like google and you can find 50 different ways to calculate it.  

MagnusHansen

Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff