Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Services

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Archived
= Soquili Questions & Suggestions = Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:02 am

There are so many Soquili without mates. Seriously. There are tons, and tons of them. People choose not to mate their pets, often because they want the option of having breedings with three different Soquili. There is no earthly reason why there need to be more male Soquili put into flatsales than there already are. To be perfectly honestly, it seems like a trend in Soquili breedings that owners get males, so there is another source of stallions along with just customs and flatsales. How is this needed? All you have to do is simply state that you want your Soquili to be lifemated, instead of having random breedings. That is all.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:22 am
Here's my two cents on a few things:

Agreeing with Excited Apathy, I believe there should be more flatsale, roleplay, and other 'cheaper' events. There are a lot of bribes, auctions and events like that, that a good amount of Soquili regulars and newbies cannot enter.

I did like the idea in the Halloween event where a person could only win one thing from each section. (i.e.: you can't win two auctions, or two raffles)

I agree with Meeki about the breeding thing, I wouldn't want my soquili's baskets going to just anyone.
Maybe there should be a newbie rp event, so owners with newbie-potential baskets can see which newbies are active roleplayers.

Maybe for scars, they shouldn't be passed to offspring. They aren't traits that can be passed in IRL, so maybe they shouldn't be in Soquili. (I have a pet coming in with some scars, and I don't think I'd want his kids to have his scars, or scars at all)

Honestly, I wouldn't mind throwing together the list of cosplays, animals, and angeni themes done.

For the male to female ratio, I have noticed it too. We definitly got some more males in the last event, and I think one more male dominated event would help with that. But like Cherie said, if someone wants a lifemate and not a bunch of random breedings, post that.

<3  

Kyjoto

Timid Bloodsucker

Yuuka Kurokawa

Romantic Elder

8,625 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:50 am
I agree with Excited Apathy and Elfstar89 about having more Newbie friendly or free events. Speaking both as a newb and someone who has great difficulty earning gold, it isn't fair to us that we get left out of things. Why not have things like once in a while having one colorist a month donate a basic soquili to an active quester. Better yet, why not set up a charity that helps people who co-own...say three soquili or less to earn their funds. I'm sure there are plenty of people who'd appreciate it and I know there are a couple of thread-goers who wouldn't mind running it. The reason I'm suggesting a charity is so that no one has to go through what I did. I sold a whole bunch of donation items/gifts just so I could afford one soquili. Now, I'm not complaining. I'm just saying help make it easier. Also, Newbie only slots would be great as well as an older member sponsoring a newer member. Sorry if all this bothers anyone, but it's what I feel should be done. Not just to benefit Newbies, but to strengthen possible friendships between people in the thread.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:55 am
I've been following the shop since its start (so... four+ years now? Wow!) without any luck. I've been told many times that Soquili's always got something going on, but I don't feel that's true. If so, there should be more announcements about it? I tend to stumble across things accidentally more often that I see an announcement (as in, place it in the announcements section of page 1 or include it in the title, not have a single person post it once only to get lost in the thread).

I've entered countless raffles, flatsales, and contests without luck. Granted, it's hard to have good luck when competing against 100 others, but I agree that at least 1 newbie-oriented event would be wonderful. Paid raffles, free raffles, auctions, flatsales (more than one to be fair to those in varying timezones?), and miscellaneous contests are great. I find, all too often, that by the time that I come across an event, it's late enough that 198372589276 people have bought tickets, or the bid is equivalently high, or the flaffle was open for about 3 minutes before closing. And, granted, free events are wonderful but I think free raffles should be more encouraged. Not everyone has epic writing or drawing skills and when everything is centered around skill > luck, it's discouraging for those lacking.

Besides that, in general, I tend to shy away from the thread because for one thing, any time something happens event-wise, it does seem to be the same small group of people winning, with the occasional exception.  

Three Tailed Fox

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:18 am
'Long-term' slots.
What about having custom slots that are for players who have been questing for one particular soquili consistantly, for a long time. I started trying for a slot for my Lesi-quest in January 06 and am still trying to win it.

Having a couple of slots for quests over a certain age would be benifitial to newbies also, as they would know that eventually, they would be able to apply for a 'long term' slot. It would be a way to reward those who stick with their quest as they have proved that they are determined and dedicated, but just lack luck, or funds.

It would be like low-luck slots for breedings, only for questers.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:16 am
I agree with Kai; the system works for breeding slots, it should work for customs too. I've seen multiple users around the shop that have tried for months for a slot to no avail.

I also think that an updated list of species and a list of standard usida (and now seathi) hairstyles would be nice. <3

Capricorn Sunchai

Aged Gaian

Molten Tigrex

Shameless Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:22 pm
@Kaisanti: For luck maybe but not for funds - it's really not a good idea to specifically enter customs for something you can't afford. There's already quest raffles and concept contests that can allow someone who can't afford their dream soq to reach their goal of getting it.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:16 pm

I believe I posted this in the other guild, but I completely agree with having more 'newbie' events. I mean, there ARE people out there that CAN pay for Soq even their dreams ones, but still cant seem to get a slot or a chance in an event.

Ktns

Lunatic

Kaefaux

Unsealed Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:27 pm
Though I am pro "newbie" events, I'm gonna switch to a couple other subjects real quick ~<3

It was mentioned on the other page to bring out more familiars, and I think it'd be great if the mini-shop could be re-opened. Can't say if Nerpin has the time herself to run the shop, and I have no idea if anyone else also worked there, but maybe do a little mini hiring event in the guild for anyone who's interested in coloring familiars? Multiple people could be hired, and it wouldn't be a huge thing like the event we had a while back looking for colorists to do breeding - they'd be hired for familiars, not Soquili, Usdia, etc. Obviously current colorists could open custom slots for them whenever they wanted still, but considering how little that happens... -shrugs-

Also, very much agree with the idea of more Elder openings. I've definitely seen a few others besides myself who've got a Soquili they'd like to put to the [ application, if that's going to stick ] test. Let's bring them back :< <3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:43 am
I agree on the it'd-be-nice-to-have-more-accessory-shops-and-familiars front. ^^

Maybe some sort of mini-contest could be held for a few opportunities to run them?  

Revolutionary Roniel

Indestructible Dragon

Ivory_Feld

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:54 am
Revolutionary Roniel
I agree on the it'd-be-nice-to-have-more-accessory-shops-and-familiars front. ^^

Maybe some sort of mini-contest could be held for a few opportunities to run them?

I second this! *waves hands* heart

Like SoA custom accessory shops?! At least the usual ones again---and yes familiars pleeeeeeeeease. As most customs don't open them anymore. No where to get them. xd They're rarer than super rare soquilis these days.  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:31 pm
One thing I'd really love in the guild is a list of all the colorists and where they are with certain projects and coloring/breedings - so that prospective owners can see where someone is and at what point they are with their Soquili. That would be lovely smile

Another thing would be nice is to see regular staff postings - any openings in the shop other than in contest events - like for instance, if help is needed with the more admin stuff for us not so talented artistic bunch biggrin  

Presca

Beloved Sex Symbol

9,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100

Kirowyn Love

Eloquent Raider

14,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 3:11 pm
Infinite Improbability
@Kaisanti: For luck maybe but not for funds - it's really not a good idea to specifically enter customs for something you can't afford. There's already quest raffles and concept contests that can allow someone who can't afford their dream soq to reach their goal of getting it.

I thought they were talking about people who have the funds and have been trying consistently to get their Soquili.

I would love to have a low-luck slot for customs. I've been trying to get Draeanna since November 08 - and I know other people have been trying consistently for longer than that.

I know low-luck was put in for breedings because people would consistently try and were just not lucky. I think this concept would work for customs too. And of course it wouldbe up to the colorists whether they were going to include the low-luck slots or not.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:22 am
I hope this is the right place to make this suggestion. If not you can just ignore it.

I know there are already a ton of mules for the Soquili shop, but I think maybe one could be made to announce breeding raffles, custom slots, bribes, anything that a colorist might be planning. Maybe use one of the existing mules to help with that?

I think it'd be easier for those of us who can't religious stalk the thread all the time to keep from missing events, especially intimidated newbies and shy people like myself. I tend to find out about held events, that aren't major, after the fact most of the time. I think with a mule announcing them instead of each colorist announcing it in the thread without updating the news on the front page would be really helpful. That way we could post stalk to see if any events were planned that we might have missed. I know I post stalk the drop-offs mule just to see the newest pretties all the time. >.>  

RavenFyre

dracoXK

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:28 am
I have to second Rave, though I try and check in on the shop when i can, but often i miss out on things. a mule to make announcements would be nice. easier to keep track of all the artist openings and even just guild contests/basket contest and other things that happen around but never get announced anywhere.  
Archived

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff