Reply Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild
Goodbye Scotty, Goodbye

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

white_stranger

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:51 pm
I'm so sad. I wish I could have met him just once and told him how much I loved Star Trek. crying crying How do you guys feel?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:08 pm
I am split because I am sad that he died,but as long as star trek is still strong he will live with it.  

master_jedi

Bored Summer Girl

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:36 pm
crying It is sad, but he will always be remembered as long as Star Trek is remembered. I wish I had written him a letter and told him how much he meant to me.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:02 pm
I just can't believe he's gone. He's an icon, and in popular opinion, icons don't die. THey just don't. It was kind of like when the Pope died.
But Scotty will never die. Not so long as DVDs bear tribute to his extinguished flame! (Sorry. Just had to let off some poetic steam...)  

Shuromai

white_stranger

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:05 am
Shuromai
I just can't believe he's gone. He's an icon, and in popular opinion, icons don't die. THey just don't. It was kind of like when the Pope died.
But Scotty will never die. Not so long as DVDs bear tribute to his extinguished flame! (Sorry. Just had to let off some poetic steam...)
It is like when the pope died, except this feels worse because I didn't know anything about the pope except that he was the head of the catholic church. And as for your poetry, go ahead and let off as much poetic steam as you want.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:12 am
Wasn't there a post about this already?
Anyway yes it is sad. Btw if anyone is interested as of 11am eastern time I believe on Space (channel 48 here in Canada) there is a tribute to him. Don't know how long it is supposed to be but it's on now, Saturday July 30th, 2005. Just if anyone is interested or not watching already. smile  

Willowhawk

Blacke Rose

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:19 pm
He was a great man. Few people ever acheive the kind of recongnition he has garnered. And you're right: As long as there are Trekkies, there will be a Scotty to fix things when they break, to say a 20-minute job will be done in an hour, to preform miracles by finishing 1-hour jobs in 20 minutes, and to bring heart and soul to a cold metal ship like no other.

We'll miss him.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 6:42 am
It's nice to know that, like Gene Rodenberry, they've both been really launched into space...  

Lopan

Curtis25

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:07 am
Scotty has always been my favorite character.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:19 am
I actually started to get tears in my eyes when it came on the news that he had died cry  

Queen_Stella

~Spectrum Style~

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:43 am
I broke down and for days after Deforest Kelley died, I was inconsolable....and HE wasn't even my fave character from TOS! Scotty was.....rest in peace, James Doohan.  
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 3:18 pm
I saw him once from a distance, at a Star trek convention in Atlanta, and i also miss D Kelly, who lived in Atlanta and went to all the local trek conventions.  

Wind-Whisper

Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff