100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
ewww gross
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

Lady Nasia Estelle

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:52 pm
Sorry if this type of topic has been made already, I didn't see one when I looked.

I know there are a lot of people out there including myself and my fiancee that meet online and develope a serious relathinship, many are here on gaia. To me Online dating is so much easier because you don't have time to judge a person by appearence before you get to know their personality. I myself personally can express myself a lot easier when i'm not confronted in person. So it makes it a ton easier for me to tell someone how i really feel about them.

But for many people mostly adults, the thought of online relationships is for some reason incomprehensable, I mean they've got it stuck in their heads that everysingle person on the internet is a sexual predator. So whenever i tell someone about my relationship it's automaticly "I can't believe you actually trust them, they must be some kind of freak." I honestly don't understand why they can't accept the fact that not everyone out there is a sexual predator and they maybe for once they actually just want to be with you.

It gets me so angery to watch it happen to people but most of all when it happens to people i love.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:54 pm
I think its acceptable as long as you are careful. I had a sort of online relationship at one time. I had met the person and was interested in him so i found him on myspace and started talking to him. we became good friends and then i told him i liked him and soon after we started going out. Of course a month later he moved in cuz he got kicked out of his parents house.... long story.  

LazyDruid

6,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Trader 100
  • Citizen 200

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:15 am
On the second page, there's a thread on internet dating.  
Extended Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games