Reply An Anime Addict's Guild
Is liking anime a crime? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

drgnkng1354

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:27 am
Ok, so so far in the forums people have been trashing people who like anime, saying that they're losers, and telling them to get a life.
Im thinking "wtf? you're the ones who need to get a life!"
seriously guys, what the heck is wrong with those people?
We dont go around bashing stuff they like.
Oh well, still, does anyone think liking anime is a crime? (or makes you a loser?)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:08 pm
No way...why would liking something make you a loser? They just have nothing better to do with their lives so they bug other people =P  

C r i D - a m o u r

Seven Jeans

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:20 pm
Exactly what she said. Just because you like anime dosen't mean that it is stupid. To me, other people who don't like anime is stupid. What is there not to like?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:36 pm
Liking anime isnt a crime and it doesnt make you a loser.

If You liked racing cars that wouldnt make a difference either.

You can't change what people like and wat people dont like.

lili_tiger

rurouni_07

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:37 pm
i went to a con for the first time the other month, and there were some cosplayers on the street and my friends and i (non cosplayers were there as well going to get lunch) and i overhear some "normal" people look at the cosplayers and snicker "freaks" and for some reason i got really mad. for pro football games people wear no shirts and paint their bodies in their team's colors, but no one calls them freaks. stuff like that really pisses me off.......  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:24 am
People hate what they dont understand so the make fun of it and ridacule ppl for it thats it  

AnimPsm

Wyrn

Shameless Stalker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:16 am
I would say yes, if it goes too far. It is a crime once your hobby takes over your life. A hobby is meant to be entertaining and relaxing, by making it your life, a person become unstabilized by normal society. I'm thinking mostly of the hikikomori and the Otaku. I would call that a crime to society.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:57 am
Wyrn-sama took the words right out of my mouth.  

VanillaCreamCoveredOreo
Vice Captain

Vaknar21

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:11 pm
But why would you want to take it the extreme of saying that liking anime is a crime? Why should they care about what we like and then talk smack about us question  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:13 pm
Chaos. Panic. Love.
Ok, so so far in the forums people have been trashing people who like anime, saying that they're losers, and telling them to get a life.
Im thinking "wtf? you're the ones who need to get a life!"
seriously guys, what the heck is wrong with those people?
We dont go around bashing stuff they like.
Oh well, still, does anyone think liking anime is a crime? (or makes you a loser?)

If liking anime is a crime then I'm on the run from the law, cause I'd rather not be legal. mrgreen Besides those morons are posting that on an anime based fansite neutral  

inufan2005

AnimPsm

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:05 pm
Wyrn
I would say yes, if it goes too far. It is a crime once your hobby takes over your life. A hobby is meant to be entertaining and relaxing, by making it your life, a person become unstabilized by normal society. I'm thinking mostly of the hikikomori and the Otaku. I would call that a crime to society.

Anyone who is serious about their hobby becomes to envolved in it to the point whare they make their hobby apart of their life. Doing so isnt a crime as long as they dont make it an obbsestion  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:08 am
AnimPsm
Wyrn

Anyone who is serious about their hobby becomes to envolved in it to the point whare they make their hobby apart of their life. Doing so isnt a crime as long as they dont make it an obbsestion

Thats true.  

Vaknar21

darkdark7

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:29 pm
i actually got into an argument with my 11-year-old cousin about whether or not Naruto was a kids anime...and my sis thinks im an "anime nerd"...

and i have many of these so-called "hobbies" that are a big part of my life, mainly hockey, anime/manga, and writing...they dont affect my social life or how i act in society...  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:41 pm
No. They're just upset that they dont do anime. xp  

JigokuShoujosRevenge

14,440 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • First Fall 15
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Da_Nuke

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:13 pm
rurouni_07
i went to a con for the first time the other month, and there were some cosplayers on the street and my friends and i (non cosplayers were there as well going to get lunch) and i overhear some "normal" people look at the cosplayers and snicker "freaks" and for some reason i got really mad. for pro football games people wear no shirts and paint their bodies in their team's colors, but no one calls them freaks. stuff like that really pisses me off.......

Your post is so awesome, you've just been immortalized in my journal. 3nodding

Likewise, I endorse your post with all my heart. I guess that's because of the "social stigma" that so much people find in anime. If these people could grow up a little bit, they would start to appreciate the exotic appeal of manga an anime. They won't open up their minds and make their own opinions, and instead, they just follow whatever the mainstream mentality says.

That's why nobody thinks it's wrong to paint your body with your team's colors: because the people at the TV say it's good. And that's also why these guys kept calling names at the cosplayers: because nobody knows what anime is about, and because they can't appreciate its exotic goodness.

As you can see, it's all about being open-minded and forming your own opinions about anything you see, instead of just following what everybody says. For example, I once downloaded "Vindicated" by Dashboard Confessional, just to see what the emo fad was all about. Of course, I then had to cleanse my ears with "Battle Song" by Ensiferum because, well, I didn't liked it at all. Likewise, I got hooked into more obscure anime series after I watched Evangelion on Locomotion, and that was because I thought: what's that anime thing about? (I used to watch Locomotion before then, but the only thing I watched was South Park).  
An Anime Addict's Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff