Welcome to Gaia! ::

Panic! At The Disco Fan Guild

Back to Guilds

A place for Panic! At The Disco fans to gather and discuss. 

Tags: Panic! At The Disco, Brendon Urie, Music 

Reply PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild
333 members / got my hair cut / Karma police cover. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoping Ryan will sing on the next album?
  Yes
  No
  Don't care!
  ...other.
View Results

Polyphonic Twilight

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:06 pm
The guild has 333 members! Just thought I'd share, since... it's a cool number?

And also I felt like announcing the fact that I got my hair cut today domokun

But since that has nothing to do with Panic! I'll also add that... I'm listening to a good quality version of Panic!'s cover of Karma Police for the first time 3nodding And you can hear Ryan loud and clear whee

A link, for the interested.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:33 pm
That's a GREAT cover!
Brendon can take any rock song and make is sound like it could be in a musical or something.. His voice is so clear and stuff. lol. I was listening to "These Tables.." and my mom even said it sounded like it's from a musical! Tee hee.

Anyway, yay for haircuts!
What's it look like?

Oh, and 333 is awesome! 3nodding

Los Miserables

Bilvy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:05 pm
Hehe, I used to have that video in my profile!
Its my favorite cover of theirs.
3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:48 pm
That sounded great! Ryan sounded like and angel! I mean come on he's got the whole package.... heart  

blackiewackie

PrimeRibby
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:47 pm
Yay 333 members! heart What kind of haircut did you get? =O I looooveee Ryan's backup vocals in Karma Police. It reminds me of "But It It's Better If You Do," when the lyrics go "But I'm afraid that I, well, I may have faked it." That cover is from the DVD. <3 I like it after that song the way Brendon says, "GOOD EVENING LADIES AND GENTLEMEN. We're Panic! At The Disco, thank you so very much from attending this evening." Haha. xD I feel like I should be thanking him for attending.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:38 pm
I was checking YouTube today and I saw that one of the users that I subscribed to made a video about what he thought of their cover of Karma Police! I was like, wait, we just talked about this!

Anyway, it's not a positive response, but it's legit. I had to agree with what he said about how some songs should be left to the original artists. (Even though I love how Panic changes some)

I liked how he said everything though, he looked like he did his research BEFORE saying he didn't like Panic. He's funny, too. xd I kept shaking my head in disagreement, but nodding in how good his points were.

Here it is.  

Los Miserables

Polyphonic Twilight

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:58 am
My hair is.. ugly. I got it cut in April, and it looked like crap. It was layered, but it kinda looked like someone had just ripped it randomly, short here and long there. So now I wanted to have that fixed, and the hairdresser cut it kind of all one length. Much shorter than I wanted. So now it's like a bob cut. My hair is thin though, and frizzy, so I don't know. I don't think it looks good. Neither do my friends. At school, at first no one mentioned it (even though it's pretty obvious it's cut) Well actually some annoying guy I know did, but his opinion means nothing. And then one of my friends said something about how she thought it looked better before, and everyone else kind of was like "yeah, it's just.. different" or "it's all one length now, right? ...Yeah..." and I don't know. They didn't say they thought it was ugly, but I can tell they don't like it gonk

As for the YouTube video... Hmm. Everyone always seems to hate covers because "it ruins the song" or whatever. But I think if a band you don't like covers a song of a band you do like, then oh well, no one's making you listen to it. And I don't see how it could possibly ruin the original for you.
The guy says he doesn't like Panic! because they're overdramatic... but then he says "they butchered the song". Isn't that also pretty overdramatic? I mean, their cover definitely didn't sound horrible. I thought it was good, but I'm a fan so I'm biased. But even you don't like Panic!, I don't *know what arguments you could find to say that they ruined Karma Police.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:39 am
Polyphonic Twilight

As for the YouTube video... Hmm. Everyone always seems to hate covers because "it ruins the song" or whatever. But I think if a band you don't like covers a song of a band you do like, then oh well, no one's making you listen to it. And I don't see how it could possibly ruin the original for you.
The guy says he doesn't like Panic! because they're overdramatic... but then he says "they butchered the song". Isn't that also pretty overdramatic? I mean, their cover definitely didn't sound horrible. I thought it was good, but I'm a fan so I'm biased. But even you don't like Panic!, I don't what arguments you could find to say that they ruined Karma Police.

Good point.
It can be hard to see both sides when you're a big fan, eh? mad

Los Miserables

PrimeRibby
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:28 am
Polyphonic Twilight
My hair is.. ugly. I got it cut in April, and it looked like crap. It was layered, but it kinda looked like someone had just ripped it randomly, short here and long there. So now I wanted to have that fixed, and the hairdresser cut it kind of all one length. Much shorter than I wanted. So now it's like a bob cut. My hair is thin though, and frizzy, so I don't know. I don't think it looks good. Neither do my friends. At school, at first no one mentioned it (even though it's pretty obvious it's cut) Well actually some annoying guy I know did, but his opinion means nothing. And then one of my friends said something about how she thought it looked better before, and everyone else kind of was like "yeah, it's just.. different" or "it's all one length now, right? ...Yeah..." and I don't know. They didn't say they thought it was ugly, but I can tell they don't like it gonk

The guy says he doesn't like Panic! because they're overdramatic... but then he says "they butchered the song". Isn't that also pretty overdramatic? I mean, their cover definitely didn't sound horrible. I thought it was good, but I'm a fan so I'm biased. But even you don't like Panic!, I don't what arguments you could find to say that they ruined Karma Police.

Aw. ): I'm sure you could make it look cute if you don't like it. =D It doesn't matter what other people think.

You pretty much took the words out of my mouth for the YouTube thing. I don't understand why people waste their time bashing Panic! At The Disco when they could be using their time listening to music they actually like. I mean, he obviously edited that video quite a bit. It would have taken time. The way he talks...it reminds me of Ashton Kutcher in that dark room on Punk'd. xD I totally respect that he doesn't like Panic!, because, well, in this world, a ton of people hate them, and I guess we have all kind of gotten used to it. And I also understand that he could be upset that such a modern-day "emo-punk-rock-pop-techno" (as the media calls them) band would cover such a classic song by Radiohead. GROW UP, KID. YOUR NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT LIKES RADIOHEAD. In some sort of way, he should almost be flattered for Radiohead that such a modern "hit" band like Panic! would cover a classic band. But the fact that he isn't...really bothers me. Oh, and I think it'd funny how he mentions how Panic! changed "mess with us" to "******** with us." I mean, that probably wasn't even planned. That's probably Brendon...just being the crazy Brendon. You know what I mean? And even if it was planned, it just makes it that much more "dramatic," or so he calls them. He says it like Radiohead isn't dramatic. Pshhh. Whatever.

rolleyes Ughh.

I see his point. But...whatever, you know?
I thought it was an excellent cover. stare

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:55 pm
eek I thought the same thing about Ashton Kutcher xp

And yeah, he should definitely be flattered for them. Panic! covering them means they recognize that Radiohead is a good band. And I'm sure Radiohead's fan base grew at least a little bit because of the cover. If someone hadn't heard any of their songs before, but likes Panic! and liked the cover, they probably started listening to more of Radiohead's songs... I know I do that. If a band I like covers a different band I always see if I like that band too.

Sometimes Brendon sings "mess" and sometimes he sings "********"... so I think it's just a spontaneous thing. Or maybe "********" gets better reactions from the crowd xp

Polyphonic Twilight

PrimeRibby
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:15 pm
Haha, really? xDD

Yeah, same here. Like, I didn't really even know who Radiohead was until after that cover. I heard of them, but I didn't like, look them up or anything.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:42 pm
I listened to all of the bands that Panic covered AFTER I heard their covers too.

Didn't he say something about how Panic must have realized Radiohead as a good band? But he just went on about how the Panic fans must have been shocked at the good lyrics or something. xp
Ryan's lyrics are brilliant, that's definately one thing I did NOT get about his speech.
Well I just thought it was interesting.. xp

Los Miserables

Polyphonic Twilight

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:24 am
Madame Le Guillotine
I listened to all of the bands that Panic covered AFTER I heard their covers too.

Didn't he say something about how Panic must have realized Radiohead as a good band? But he just went on about how the Panic fans must have been shocked at the good lyrics or something. xp
Ryan's lyrics are brilliant, that's definately one thing I did NOT get about his speech.
Well I just thought it was interesting.. xp
Yeah, he did say that. I forgot. What an insult! Ryan writes incredible lyrics. And maybe it's just me, but I certainly don't think the Karma Police lyrics are anything special.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:26 pm
Guys...a lot of people hate the way Ryan writes.
"Panic! At The Disco is Fall Out Boy with a dictionary." rolleyes
Most people don't see the meaning behind the songs.

PrimeRibby
Captain

Polyphonic Twilight

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:54 pm
I don't actually know anyone in real life who has an opinion on Ryan's writing, except myself xp The few friends I have who like Panic! probably don't understand most of the lyrics.

But even if you don't like the style of the lyrics... you'd have to at least appreciate the fact that they're clever... right?

PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff