Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Not-so-Great British TV Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Emmanuela

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:20 am
Has anyone noticed how much utter crap has been on TV, as of late? The other night I had to resort to watching Coast with my mother before deciding to read instead. It's quite shocking, I'm now pretty much only watching UKTV History, More4 and Film4. So many chanels yet nothing to watch...  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:02 am
I like Coast... ninja

..but your right, the old terrestrial 5 have gone shite. The only few good programmes are then put on at the same time to run against each other!

I have nearly stopped watching telly altogether now, I find I can only be arsed to swap over the scart leads for the playstation to freeview box for Doctor Who, which is soon to finish, and Ugly Betty, which just ended last week.  

ficklefiend
Crew

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:52 am
Big Brother.

stare

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:29 am
We used to have Five US until our telecommande went missing, now, we're stuck with Channel 4, BBC 1 and two and that's it. I miss CSI and all we've got now is Neighbours and The Bill...
How sad. Oh well...Daily Cooks and Great Celebrity Chef are good though ^_^  

Creatio ex Nihilo

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:06 am
All I watch is Doctor Who. neutral  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:22 am
Invictus_88
Big Brother.

stare
I like Big Brother. sweatdrop

The apprentice is the only thing I make a point of watching though.

Final tonight. Yaay.  

mr gimp

Rev.Matt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:33 pm
Roman's Empire is certainly worth a watch.
I certainly do not love Big Brother.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:49 pm
Yes, Coast isn't THAT bad, but still...

Oh, don't get me started on CSI, it's appalling! Midsummer Murders is so much better!

I'm rather sad Ugly Betty has finished, it's so good!

The only decent thing worth watching tonight is House, who is actually English. anyway.  

Emmanuela

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:58 pm
Foetus In Fetu

Me too.

Actually I lie, I watched Hey Arthur and Stupid the other day. But it wasn't my choice, I was at someones house. Whoo! Childrens programs! I think Stupid could single handedley be the cause of the increase in behavioral problems, there was a king and his butler gargoyle (who were quite funny) that glorified children throwing things at teachers or randomly attacking people.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:13 am
Shadow of an Illusion
Foetus In Fetu

Me too.

Actually I lie, I watched Hey Arthur and Stupid the other day. But it wasn't my choice, I was at someones house. Whoo! Childrens programs! I think Stupid could single handedley be the cause of the increase in behavioral problems, there was a king and his butler gargoyle (who were quite funny) that glorified children throwing things at teachers or randomly attacking people.

I used to watch it, some stuff is quite amusing but sometimes it's just OTT. I didn't know they were still showing it, actually.  

Emmanuela

Rev.Matt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:15 pm
Smoke a joint (if you're that way inclined) and watch po-co-yo. Children's tv is so much better when your brain isn't firing on all cylinders.

Disclaimer: Reverend Matt does not endorse the purchase and/or use of illegal drugs. If you do though, I know a guy...............

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:46 pm
I became disillusioned with all television when Changing Rooms was cancelled. Lawrence Llewellyn-Bowen DA MAN.  

Boolean Julian
Crew

Veterus

Unforgiving Elder

7,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:51 pm
Boolean Julian
I became disillusioned with all television when Changing Rooms was cancelled. Lawrence Llewellyn-Bowen DA MAN.

TV went downhill aftre Timmy Mallet's wackadays was replaced! Then the final blow came when Noels House party was ditched. sad

But thinking about it... It aint all bad. They finally got it into there thick heads that no one really watches Top Of The Pops anymore! mrgreen

I suggest they re run all the Young ons series!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:05 pm
The only things I really watch are Doctor Who; CSI; House and Hustle when it was being shown. So not bad really, two American shows. But House has Hugh Laurie starring- therefore we win! xd  

Gary X

You Look Dead My Dear

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:20 pm
The Only English Televison I watch is 'Have I got news for you' 'Never mind the buzzcocks' and 'Dead Ringers' And they are rarely one.

Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff