Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:51 pm
"You shot me!"

"You woke me up."

"The building was on fire!"

"Maybe you should have found a kinder way to wake me up."

"Maybe you shouldn't be ******** trigger happy!"

"Oh you'll be fine, we both need to go shopping now anyway."

The conversation was a bit interesting and earning Phoenix and Luana odd looks, for a coffee house they stood out, maybe it was the fact they were a little singed and Phoenix had some blood on her. The police had let them go, not to pleased with their story, but hey they were the victims so he couldn't do anything to them. Phoenix glared at her friend over her ice tea, nothing hot for her, no way, not after everything they had been through throughout the day. Luana gave a dull smile, she was the calmer of the two of course, not seeming upset or anything in the lest, but then she had back accounts, a few houses, and really didn't need to go shopping at all.

"I lost my birdie!" That seemed to be the breaking straw for the younger immortal as she broke into tears, or rather sobs, "My poor birdie!" She had been doing okay till she remember her faithful pet, clothes were replaceable, all of her stuff was, okay she really didn't have the money to replace half of it, but oh well. The bird was not replaceable, no by a long shot.

That got Luana to blink slightly confused on the matter, "Sorry?" What else was she to offer on that, besides now they were really drawing unneeded attention, and by a window of all places. "Please calm down, you can get another bird."

"It won't be the same!"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:25 am
Phoenix and Luana should count themselves somewhat lucky...aside from the shooting bit, they have relatively normal problems to deal with. Until of course, they both feel the buzz of an approaching Immortal. The sourse of the buzz becomes apparent when an a vintage Plymouth Superbird, done up in blue with the number 43 on the side, pulls up to park in front of the coffee house.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Gaston Marceau steps out of the car, adjusting the lie of his long leather duster as he does so. He strides easily into the coffee shop, noting the location of the other two Immortals almost immediately, though he moves past them to order.

The refreshingly survivable philosophy of I'll leave you alone if you leave me alone. Besides, they probably don't want Gaston's witticisms in their conversation.

He takes off his sunglasses and gives the lady at the counter a smile. "Large white chocolate espresso and a lemon scone, please." As Gaston pays, he says something not quite as loudly that draws a giggle and a 'maybe later' from the lady.  

Gaston Marceau
Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:07 am
The philosophy might even have worked, might of, except Phoenix glanced up in her tearful state, she blinked a moment, her bird forgotten, making Luana think it hadn't been that heartbreaking. "I remember him!"

That seemed to surprise Luana more then anything else as she tucked a singed piece of hair was her face, "Gaston Marceau, he's younger then me." She had a thing with not giving ages even if she knew them, of course people were still trying to figure out how she knew half the things she did about other immortals.

The words earned her a glare, "Given you refuse to tell me your age that doesn't do me a damned bit of good."

"Oh, I haven't yet have I? Hmm, oh well." Moving on from that Luana gave a small smile and a nod to mister Marceau, kind of a 'hi, save me from the nutty lady across from me' type of thing, which earned her a kick from Phoenix.

One would have to give Phoenix credit for her violence on this however, given because of whatever fire was mentioned before, neither of them had a sword on them. Only Luana had any type of weapon at all, which honestly gave Phoenix a good reason to kick her, so what if she considered Gaston nicer then normal, she didn't have a sword!

"Kick me again and I'll shoot you again." And to think, they were kind of friends.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:55 am
Gaston gathers up his goodies from the counter and turns back to the other two Immortals. Munching on the scone, he heads in the table's direction.

The exchange between Luana and Phoenix draws a small laugh. "Well now, it would appear you two ladies have had quite the rough day." He looks back at Phoenix. "Phoenix, was it? I remember meeting you in the park a while back..."  

Gaston Marceau
Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:01 pm
"Yup, before pain in my a** came to town, yupyup." She gave a smile however making the older immortal give a light laugh, Phoenix spoke over her though, "Sit, please, help me ignore her."

"Aww, so I guess you won't be needing money then? I mean you don't own anything, but alright, better for me." Luana was having fun, though with the german accent she was able to hide most of her amusement.

Phoenix frowned on that, "Bite me."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:15 pm
"I don't usually have a problem biting, it's just that we only recently yet, and I don't feel we've gotten to the point where...ah." Gaston fakes an embarrased hand over his face. "You meant her. My most humble apologies." He grins and sits at the offered table, setting his snack down before him.

After a sip of coffee, he looks to Luana. "I don't think we've met before...I'm Gaston Marceau, and I assume to have something you'd prefer I call you besides 'pain in Phoenix's a**.'"

After offering Luana his hand, Gaston turns sheepishly back towards Phoenix. "I just wanted to know her name. I'll help you ignore her later, I promise."

Yes, he's a tad silly.  

Gaston Marceau
Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:31 pm
"Luana, not particularly attached to any last name." Was the calm answer with a small smile, her petite features matched the softness of her tone. "It is nice to meet you heir Gaston." She was honestly doing good and sticking to english simply because it kept getting pointed out to her it was rude not to.

Phoenix rolled her eyes on that, "Don't worry, she's like a pest, you can't ignore her for long."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:44 pm
Luana was also doing good in the fact that she was making a much better impression on Gaston than the last German he met...although, considering the German in question was an Immortal flying a Messcherscmitt He-1078 fighter jet at him over Normandy in 1944, that should be fairly easy for her to accomplish.

Gaston chuckles at the continuing exchange between the two women. "I take it from the continuing banter that you two ladies have been acquainted for quite some time?"

Actually, the two kind of remind him of a younger version of himself arguing with Methos. Except without beer.  

Gaston Marceau
Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:52 pm
"Little while."

"A little while? Oh right, you're old, how could I forget, never mind." So Phoenix was being a little crabby, given she'd been awake since five in the morning thanks to the hotel they had been staying in burning down, she figured she was a right to, at lest a little.

Luana sighed on that, "Please excuse her, the young can be so rude at times."

"I'm not young, you're just old, gesh."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:03 pm
Gaston muches a bit more of the scone as the other two respond. "Ah, but young and old is so relative...especially when you have the potential to count centuries like most normal people count decades."

He arches a brow as that last comment draws a quizzical stare from the woman behind the counter. Immortals...secrecy...think like Methos. "Don't mind us." He tells the lady. "We're vampires." He raises a claw like hand, bares his teeth, and hisses.

The counter lady giggles again, rolls her eyes, and goes to restock something.

Gaston sips his coffee and turns back to Phoenix and Luana. "Don't mind me...caught a rerun of Forever Knight on the SciFi Channel last night." He grins.  

Gaston Marceau
Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:15 pm
"Lovely." See, nice simply comment, yay for Phoenix, "Still too old, or acts it, something or other since someone still refuses to tell me her age."

"Age doesn't matter in the long run, you will figure it out in time."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:21 pm
Gaston nods to Phoenix. "I can sympathize with you on that one...asking a lady her age usually gets me into trouble."

A beat while the joke sinks in. "But, age doesn't really mean anything. I've bested a number of individuals a good deal older than I was. Skill, tactics, and knowing when to forget about swords and just run them over with your car...now THAT is how you stay alive."  

Gaston Marceau
Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:29 pm
Luana gave a mild smile on that, "Or poison them, or shoot them, or blow them up, or have them fall off a roof, there's a good number of ways." She gave a shrug, "All depends really."

Phoenix blinked, paused, blinked again, and just stared blinking.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:33 pm
Gaston laughs. "Blowing them up is fun...if a bit messy. Reminds me of the time I took on a lady down in New Orleans around the turn of the century. We were on a riverboat gambler, and there was a minor problem with the steam boiler that I only admit partial fault to..."

He grins. "Anyway, all of her hair grew back, and we had a much more amicable encounter about forty years later. No harm no foul."

He then laughs outright at Phoenix' incredulous stare. "I'm guessing you don't yet have any amazing exploits worthy of song and story, neh?"  

Gaston Marceau
Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:47 pm
"No, not by a long shot, I keep the hell out of dodge, much safer for me." She honestly shivered, nope, not one to go looking for trouble, she liked to sleep, sleeping was good.

"Ah safe, that's no fun." And to her it really wasn't, she liked her fun, kept her from being too boring.

Highlander Roleplaying - Free Form

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff