Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
tarot card readings; getting the same cards consecutivley Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

=]
View Results

[poison]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:29 pm
hello everyone. sorry i'm not so new but just haven't posted. haven't had the time yet. ^_______^;
the text on my friends computer is really small do i can't see any of the names of the topics so sorry if there is a thread about divination already.
but here's the situation. There was this kid that i semi-met in my group therapy and i keep seeing him randomly by chance and i've felt this really odd connection with him so i did a reading asking about things dealing with him, using the celtic cross, and then i did it again and i got almost all the same cards but in different positions. I've asked on google what this means but i can't find a solid answer anywhere. any input would be nice.
i'm mainly thinking that because i haven't been taking my medication that i've become more aware of my intution, because i feel that it supresses my abilities. i've been reading tarot cards mainly for myself and others for about a year and a half and most of the time they've been accurate.

sorry to make this a bit lengthy but i tried to give you all the information that you'd need to know. not trying to fish for attention with the group therapy and medication schpeel.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:12 pm
[BIG DISCLAIMER: I don't read Tarot in a spiritual sense, but I don't discount its potential as a spiritual tool.]

Noticing that you're repeatedly getting the same cards in different positions, whether or not you even believe in a mystical force behind the cards, might indicate that you're having an issue that deals with the meanings behind those cards. If you're reading with the aid or auspice of a supernatural or divine entity, it's quite possible that they're trying to smack you upside the head with something you need to be looking at now. As I noted in my disclaimer, I only read the cards as a form of meditation and reflection, but if I keep getting similar layouts, or similar interpretations of lays, I can't help but notice that perhaps there might just be an elephant in the room that I need to deal with.

My advice: If you're connected to anything outside yourself when you read, try asking it why it's leading you to the same concepts over and over again. Even if it's just psychodrama (I'm a theistic agnostic with my own personal gods, so I know the potential for psychodrama), it might help you focus your energies on a situation you've been overlooking.  

Henry Dorsett Case

jaden kendam

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:09 am
Disclaimer: Although I have no use for what I consider to be tools such as crystal balls, tarot, runes, or whatever:

I agree with Henry. The fact that you realize you are getting the same cards and they are in different positions may mean that there is something that you must look at/deal with first and not worry about this other person. Sometimes, people might feel connections to other people just because thier guides or whatnot are in tune, or it might be on more of an emotional/psychological level.

However, there is a situation around you that does need your attention more than a boy. I would bet that it involves family and a medical condition.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:07 am
Ummm... Getting the same cards in the same reading twice just means... that you've done the same reading twice. confused

No huge mystery there. Though cards sometimes get pissy if you ask the same thing over and over, it's really not surprising you would get the same cards if you did the same reading again. That's what Tarot does.

As for this other stuff about huge things going on in your life, that's also possible. No reason to discount it. But the fact that she wasn't reading for herself doesn't give the recurring cards as much emphasis in her life.

Sure if you were shuffling and thinking about stuff in your life and the Tower or Hanged Man cropped up repeatedly you might sit up and take notice. But the fact that she got the same cards in a reading she did for someone else probably is not much to worry about.  

Pelta

Henry Dorsett Case

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:18 am
Pelta, normally I'm with you on a lot of things, but I think you've gone a little over-simplified with your answer. Both Jaden and I are answering from the standpoint of people who do not necessarily believe that the cards "do" anything on their own, and I think you're discounting us out-of-hand a little too glibly.

I believe it's possible that Mother Fali might guide my hands in shuffling and rotating the cards, but I'm too much of a believer in "the sacred geometry of chance", as Sting put it, to go for the "The cards are just telling me the same thing because I asked the same thing". Do also note that she was getting the cards in different positions, thus potentially altering the intended meaning of the cards in question. Also, you've discounted those of us who believe that a reading done for someone else, when that other person is not the one asking for the reading, reflects on the reader as well as the target, since some of us believe that the lay reflects on the question and the questioner.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:44 am
Henry Dorsett Case
Pelta, normally I'm with you on a lot of things, but I think you've gone a little over-simplified with your answer. Both Jaden and I are answering from the standpoint of people who do not necessarily believe that the cards "do" anything on their own, and I think you're discounting us out-of-hand a little too glibly.

Hmm. I see what you mean. I missed the fact that she got them in different positions.

However, speaking as someone who's read cards mostly in a divinatory context, I have come across this before. I'm not sure whether it's because of asking the same question twice, or because of lazy shuffling or because the cards get pissed off at getting asked the same thing twice. Perhaps, indeed, there is some important significance to the cards for her.

In my experience they usually tell you what you ask for. Depending on what she was thinking of the second time she shuffled, the meanings and the significance of the repeated cards could be wildly different.

Quote:
Also, you've discounted those of us who believe that a reading done for someone else, when that other person is not the one asking for the reading, reflects on the reader as well as the target, since some of us believe that the lay reflects on the question and the questioner.

That's a very good point. The fact that he was not there and did not specifically ask for the reading could well mean the reading was not for him. So I stand corrected - It is possible the readings were for her in the first place. But I would ascertain that they would have significance to her only if she was reading for herself. Having major issues crop up repeatedly in someone else's life is not a huge deal - but I can't see how repeated cards in someone else's reading (assuming she was actually reading for him and not subconsciously for herself) would have importance in the reader's life.

The only way I could conceive that happening is if the whole reading was actually for herself and she just thought she was reading for someone else. Then the cards would probably have major significance to her. If she was truly reading for someone else, perhaps those cards have major significance to him.

Really, I wouldn't be surprised at similar cards showing up in response to the same question. It is a tool. Why be so surprised when it does what it's supposed to do?

HDC: It's nice to disagree on things every now and then. This place would be awfully boring if we all thought the same way. mrgreen  

Pelta

Henry Dorsett Case

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:18 am
Pelta
HDC: It's nice to disagree on things every now and then. This place would be awfully boring if we all thought the same way. mrgreen
Absolutely true. And I respect you as an established member of this guild, which is why I assumed bona fides. I just think, as I'm fairly certain Nuri does from having spoken with her, that as this guild grows, there is less and less room for a truly dismissive attitude of anything but obvious falsehood. Not saying that you had such yourself by any stretch of the imagination - I just think that as we get more and more members seeking information, we have to be more and more aware of how we present differing viewpoints.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:50 pm
Henry Dorsett Case
Pelta
Absolutely true. And I respect you as an established member of this guild, which is why I assumed bona fides. I just think, as I'm fairly certain Nuri does from having spoken with her, that as this guild grows, there is less and less room for a truly dismissive attitude of anything but obvious falsehood. Not saying that you had such yourself by any stretch of the imagination - I just think that as we get more and more members seeking information, we have to be more and more aware of how we present differing viewpoints.
Indeed. But then of course we get into the difficulty of how different it is presenting information in a typed setting. I wasn't intending to sound dismissive, though in retrospect I can see how it may have seemed so. It's awful hard to have light-hearted discussion when the only facial expressions you have are little pixelated doodads. xp  

Pelta

Cirrus Mystallow

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:41 pm
This kept happening to me when I read for a friend and almost all the cards which came up the first time came up the second time, most notably every time I read him the Two of Swords came up.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:27 pm
Henry Dorsett Case
Also, you've discounted those of us who believe that a reading done for someone else, when that other person is not the one asking for the reading, reflects on the reader as well as the target, since some of us believe that the lay reflects on the question and the questioner.

Damn, that is twice today that I somewhat agree with Henry. Must be the drugs I am not taking or something.

Anyways, to further this with mediumship. If you get a message done on someone else, and they are not there, and this is also if thier guides have not given you permission to do so, then there is a huge chance from personal experience, that the information you get is either going to be A: Wrong or B: for you or about you rather than the other person.

Now you could do a tarot reading or what not on me, and probably be dead wrong, unless by chance, and that has a lot to do with how my guides are. Tis, one of the reasons I do not get messages from people I neither know or trust. And if I do not trust them, then why would my guides do so.

So, before this person continues to do "readings" on the young man, she may want to look at how the cards fit her life. I already gave her a step, it is up to her to take it.

To further, I do not think it is ethical or moral to do a reading on someone who you do not know, and that you do not know if you would have thier permission in doing so. Those that have gotten readings from me, would make sure that they had the permission of the other people, or at least a logical assumption that the other people whose names were involved would have given permission. It is only fair. I do not like it when I feel someone trying to poke around about my life without permission, so why should others?  

jaden kendam

Boadicia

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:05 pm
In most situations it is best not to do multiple readings on the same question in a short period of time. That's like asking a person the same question in a few minutes. It gets irritating.

It is probably best to study the first reading a little while before deciding to do another one. I find that studying a reading helps reveal some things you may not have noticed in the beginning.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:58 am
Yeah, asking the same question twice doesn't make too much sense. Why not just stick with the first answer?

And I agree, Jaden, reading for someone without their permission is unethical. It is perhaps one of the reasons that the reading may have been for her. However, I have been in situations where the person being read for was not present and did not know of the reading and the reading was still incredibly accurate. What made this even more convincing was that this person was someone I was thinking of - the reader didn't even know who it was.

So they can often be more accurate in these situations than you might think. Oddly enough, they read even when you probably shouldn't be doing so.  

Pelta

Henry Dorsett Case

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:42 am
One assumption we've all been making that may not be correct: That the question was repeated. [poison], was this a matter of asking the same question repeatedly, or of asking different questions about the same person and getting the same cards?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:26 am
Pelta

So they can often be more accurate in these situations than you might think. Oddly enough, they read even when you probably shouldn't be doing so.

I did say huge chance to be wrong. Also, and maybe I missed it the three times I read her post, was did she do the reading herself, or did she have someone else do the reading for her? Skill of the reader, and wants and desires of the reader can play a huge factor in accurate readings as well.  

jaden kendam

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:57 am
A couple of years ago I would do readings for friends of mine for their birthdays. Out of, say, seven readings, I got the Four of Swords five or six times. That doesn't necessarily reflect on me or on them--my readings were supposed to give a general picture of the upcoming year, and it's not unreasonable that readings for several people at largely the same stage in life would have similarites between them. It could've just been the High School Drama card.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff