Reply Music - Related Topics
rob zombie

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

bloodyandrea

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:25 pm

a lot of rockers now a days do not like rob zombie. why is that?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:45 pm

*Relocates to music forum*

Now, why do a lot of modern rockers dislike Rob Zombie?

I can think of a few possibilities. I'd most suspect because he endorses a lot of stereotypes about metal. Bad stereotypes as well.

He also makes crappy movies. Less likely a reason to hate him as a musician, but no less true.

GilAskan
Crew

Serjo Sammie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:13 am

GilAskan
He also makes crappy movies. Less likely a reason to hate him as a musician, but no less true.
A very questionable opinion, don't state it like fact.

However, the reinforcing bad stereotypes part is most likely true. "Rockers" nowadays generally don't support people who use shock imagery and bad press to sell their music.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:17 am

i dont know. i still like rob zombie, but i do know there is a lot of people that dont like him.however, white zombie was much better. twisted

dead_bastard

Satanic-Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:09 am

I like rob zombie cause well i don't know!!
i just have a metal attraction
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:13 am

Well, his music have gone downwards a bit because of his movie productions. Like Educated Horses was a big pile of horse s**t (but the good part was that there was few groovy White Zombie-styled songs, like The Scorpion Sleeps) and considering that he has done just one album between too "best of"-collection albums, points that there have been some recession of his music projects. Well, we'll see what he does next, I hope that he gets some time to do more comic script writing. x3

I can be counted as damn fangirl of his, I own all his records since White Zombie as well as his written comics. :3

[brainvomit]

Loki Iago

Anxious Scamp

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:53 am

Dude, Rob Zombie is the man. How many rockers out there can direct an amazing movie like House of 1000 Corpses and make such a kickass song like Dragula?? He's amazing.
Music - Related Topics

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games