Wolfies's Soquili Quest

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wolfie Duke

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:43 pm
User Image

This is a place where I can compile my biggest Soquili dreams.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:46 pm
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THIS HORSE WAS BASED OFF THE SOQUILI CHARACTER DESIGN CONTEST HELD LAST FALL. I STILL LOVED THE IDEA OF THE HORSE AND WANTED TO KEEP THE RP PIECE FOR BACKGROUND INFORMATION IF THIS QUEST IS EVER ACHIEVED =^_^=

ESTIMATED COST: 500k
FUNDS GATHERED: 0/500

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Colorist wanted: Any
Name of horse: Nigel
Owner: Wolfie Duke
Temper (one word for horse's personality): Noble
Breed: Regular
Description(eye color/hair color/hair style etc): Dusty charcoal with remnants of a whipping on the right read haunch. Grey-Blue distant eyes.
Reference Image(s): SEE IMAGE BELOW
Which stage you want them to start as?(basket,foal,or adult): Foal
Default accessory color(s)?: Up To The Colorist
Tag Frame color: Green and White
Tag Feather color: Up To The Colorist
Hair/Clothing edits: Up To The Colorist
Tag bg: The hills of Ireland

Name of Character: Rourke Mac Gabhann, Son of Kenny Mac Gabhann (see Talencia's Entry)
Country of orgin: Ireland
What is their purpose for coming to the New World?:
Son of a Blacksmith, Rourke wishes only to partake in the adventure of a lifetime. Although an apprentice to his hard-headed father in the smithie business, he has his own vision to be a cartographer in the new world.
What is their description?:
At the ripe age of nineteen, Rouke has developed a ruggishly handsome appearance. Hard field labor and grueling hours in the sun and near the forge have whiped the lad into shape, though he is far from being brawny.

He prefers to shave only when his father is expecting the company of women folk, then, and only then, sparingly. This does not effect his appearence much, however, since he had very few whiskers to begin with. His beard at best was a patchy, whispy acorn color. His little sister Anne said he reminded her of a milking goat.

Rourke, like his father, his temper is always bubbling just under the surface. He has great pride for what his aspirations are in life and will not let anyone tell him otherwise. Hard working, loyal and trustworthy, this lad makes the perfect traveling companion on the voyage to the new land. His youth and virtue gives him great value as the settlement begins to establish on foreign turf.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
(Rourke is photoed at right)

What does their horse look like?:
Nigel is a middle-aged, mixed-blood stallion with an aptitude for wandering off. His dusty charcoal coloring makes him a sure-shot to disappear in the fields of Ireland This is especially true during the rainy-season when the terrain is nothing more than mud and rocks, rocks and mud. His eyes are the eerie grey-blue of the mysts that cross the lands. His right haunch bears faint remnants of a whipping, for his inability to pull the till.
User Image

Write a short story about this character and their horse:
Still Whilst in Ireland

Rourke tugged the lead of the stormy brute. The horse sniggered in response, irate as it was after the shodding by The Great Smithie, Kenny Mac Gabhann. There was sarcasm to accompany that thought. Rourke had long been on ill terms with his father and disdained the order to return the Finn's their beast. The territory was littered with stones and both he and the charcoal stallion groped their way along the hillside.

Although it was late in the crop season, the Finn's had yet to pay their debt to the blacksmith shoppe. The tab had been steadily growing over the harvest and Kenny was destined to lay down the law. Pay or be defamed at the house of god. Rourke cringed at his grandfather's trademark blackmail, a tactic that was still used by the shoppe in extreme cases.

The horse stalled and Rourke jerked to a hault. "Blast ye' beast!" He scolded. "I have'n the time for this." His temper flashed for a moment. Why me? He thought. Tis' not my bloody job to collect dues. The horse sniggered again. "What now?" He followed the animals flanks and gripped his snout lightly before following up with a half-hearted pat.

Gazing around, it occured to him that the Finn's were in worse debt that he thought. The fields were baren and frothy, a sure sign of famine. The little shack build on the property was desolate looking and with a frown he feared the worse. "Finn!" He shouted upon their approach. "Matthew Finn!" He released the horse who was busy stomping on some creepy crawlie or another in the mud. "Rourke Mac Gabhann with ye' horse." He fumbled to remember the name. There were so many horses that came through the shoppe daily and it was a chore to remember them all firsthand.

Slowly the door opened and a wrinkled old man wobbled out. He eyed Rourke a moment then nodded thoughtfully. "Aye, that ye' are boy." He reached out to stroke the horse's black mane, speaking in a low tone. "I fear I have bad news. I canna afford' to pay for ye' services at this time." The old man hung his head in shame. "The potato famine has wiped out me crops and I hafta pack up me family." A woman cried softly in the background. Just great.

"I'm sorry Mr. Finn, but my father canna' continue to mind ye' horses then. You're tab with us has run well over its limit."

"I know boy. I know." The man lowered his tone even further. "I dun know what to do anymore. My girls are wearing me old shirts and the wife is ill in bed. Last week our goats stopped givin' milk and the chickens have been stolen overnight. The crop was our last hope." The horse nudged him towards Rourke playfully. The old man tottled in place before stumbling forth. "Nigel here is a bit fond of pushing me around." Finn offered a weak, toothy grin.

Rourke, for the first time, didn't know what else to do. He knew that the people in the settlement here were poor and often kept their tabs with the smithie until harvest. But what happens when there is no crop? There were times he really hated being his father's apprentice.

He thrust his hands in his trouser band and shuffled his feet uncomfortably. Rourke had been saving up for a horse of his own for a long time, eyeing one at the stable across the way. She was a pretty chestnut filly with almond colored hair and white stockings. It had been a shame to watch her grow up without him. A grumbled sigh later, retrieving his mind from her image, he held out his hand to Matthew Finn.

"Boy?" The old man looked confussed.

"No money, no horse?" The boy arched his brow questioningly and offered a lopsided grin. There were ways to beat this system.

Matthew Finn remained gauffing at him. It took a few churns of the brain for him to understand and with a nod, he extended his hand in business-like fashion. "Ye have yerself a deal Rourke Mac Gabhann. Nigel is all yers now." With a pat to the horses snout, the old man turned his back on them both, hand clutching the doorframe.

"I'll take good care of him Mr. Finn. You'll see." Almost in awe of himself, Rourke looked the beast in the eyes. So? You're my trusty steed now, eh? The horse winnied and bounced his head as if silent agreement. I know nothing about you and you nothing of me. This is sure to be an interesting friendship.

Wolfie Duke

Wolfie Duke

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:50 pm
ESTIMATED COST: 1,200,000k
FUNDS GATHERED: 410,000/1,200,000

Name of horse: Sauna
Temper (one word for horse's personality): Sassy
Breed: Wind Soquili
Description(eye color/hair color/hair style etc): Like the photo below but in place of the 3 browns, please put vibrant shades of red and orange and yellows to contrast the white.
Reference Image(s): http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v634/WolfieDuke/HORSE1.jpg
Which stage you want them to start as?(basket,foal,or adult): Adult
Default accessory color(s)?: Up To The Colorist
Tag Frame color: Up To The Colorist
Hair/Clothing edits: Up To The Colorist
Tag bg: A Field with Mountains in the Background

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:23 am
ESTIMATED PRICE: 300k+

Name of horse: Dook
Temper (one word for horse's personality): Sneaky
Breed: Usdia
Description(eye color/hair color/hair style etc): Black eyes, Silver ferret markings all over body
Reference Image(s): http://www.ferret-fact.org/images/FACTmelklow.jpg
Which stage you want them to start as?(basket,foal,or adult): Basket
Default accessory color(s)?: Royal Blue/Silver
Tag Frame color: Up To The Colorist
Hair/Clothing edits: Id like a silver bell to be in the center of the dreamcatcher around the neck. Other accessories as colorist sees fit
Tag bg: A large pile of fluffy native themed blankets (to hide in of course!)

***SPECIAL THANKS TO THESE PEOPLE FOR HELPING ME ACHIEVE MY QUEST***
SUNFIREDEMON
CIHIRU
WOOGA PAES
SHADOW_SORAN
BLUEDEMONWOLF
TALENCIA

Wolfie Duke

Questing HQ

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash