Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JigokuShoujosRevenge

14,440 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • First Fall 15
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:33 am
Well...how? I also Would like to know how you found manga.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:51 am
Anime: when I was a kid flipping through the channels on a television whee (although I did not know at the time it was anime; or the concept of it).
Manga: a friend; there was a manga book lying around, I asked her what it was, and she told me.  

y-ello-thar

Wyrn

Shameless Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:07 pm
Anime: Friend forcing me to read fan fics

Manga: Randomly in a book store next to my typical books.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:57 am
Hmmmm... I think the first time I watched anime was when I was 5, when I was flipping through the channels and stumbled upon a chapter of "Caballeros del Zodíaco", the Spanish title of Saint Seiya. But I wasn't hooked up on it until I watched Dragon Ball Z. The fights were so awesome, I was inmediately blown away. surprised

As for the first time I knew about manga, I think I was 10 when I bought a Ranma 1/2 manga. I was a fan of that series at that time, so I thought it could be good to take a look.  

Da_Nuke

_Souless_Doll_

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:22 pm
mostly my sister got me hooked to it confused  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:32 pm
How did I find out about anime? Well, my mother introduced it to me unknowingly!!! I'm sure if she could she would take away all the times she forced me to sit and watch Hello Kitty!!

My manga find was through a friend from Japan, who just happened to not want her English Pokemon manga!!!

Murkytea

Invisible Gekko

8,275 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Invisibility 100

Aaxrim Demonia

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:40 am
I was watching cartoon network then bam anime!
and I found manga at a bookfair at school  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:14 am
I found anime when my mom, my sisters and me went on holiday to Singapore, and she wanted to buy a computer so we went into a store and they were playing Naruto on one of the laptops xd
Manga? That was one of my friends who was reading one at school, I got interested and stole it to read, gave it back and bought my own blaugh  

ShadowEnchantress

Inkieee!
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:04 am
Unknowingly through my brother =D. We used to watch Sailor Moon and Pokemon every day. We didn't know it was called anime till a few years later haha~

Manga, through my brother once again. He got into it, so I got into it, rofl.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:52 am
my best friend is an anime artist and she showed me her stuff one day. ever since then i've been intoxicated with becoming better than here so i did my research and then i began to really like it.
domokun  

Bittersweet Liars

O.G. Seeker

4,350 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Beta Gaian 0

fk12

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:39 pm
Anime: ... 8D Whenever Cartoon Network first started airing Sailor Moon. Of course, I didn't really realize it was from Japan, but still, it was my first exposure to it.

Manga: Back when Pokemon was WHOAMYGOD HUGE, the comic book store I went to to get Pokemon cards had manga, and I'd just kinda sit there and read them if nothing was happening.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:03 pm
TV then the interweb  

AnimPsm

Vaknar21

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:07 am
Watched anime on toonami when I was like 6, then a friend showed me some mange when I was 13.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:17 am
Pokemon was my first one, then my friend showed me Shonen Jump!.  

Zero Justice315

JigokuShoujosRevenge

14,440 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • First Fall 15
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:02 pm
Funny...Thats pretty much the same for me: cartoon network and cousin. My brother says he loves anime and manga, but when i name some he says," havent seen it". Some anime he says he likes hes barely watched.  
An Anime Addict's Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff