Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
What matters most in a good yaoi parring? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What matters most in a good parring?
  Looks...they must look good.
  They must love eachother.
  THEY MUST F*** ALOT!!!
  Must be friends.
  Must be rivles.
  Must be manly and not the usual gay pair.
View Results

Ynnep

Sparkly Bear

12,175 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:42 am
Mostly a poll...but what do you think?

Pares for you. ^_^

If looks don't matter.
Kakashi/Gai
Goku/Vegata
Yusuke/Kuwabara

Screwing is what I want.
SasuNaru
Suichi/Yuki
Hentai yaoi guys.

Rivles rock.
Zim/Dib
Goku/Vegeta
SasuNaru
KakaGai
GaaLee
LeeNeji

BBBF (Best bed buddy forever)
Ed/Al
Ed/Edd'n Eddy
Ryo/Ken

Love thy lover.
D/Ryo
Already made yaoi.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:56 am
Chemistry is important. A certain NEED to each other. Looks are important on a more shallow level, but mostly it's that yearning that makes a pair good for me.

So really, how it's written is important. Chemistry. Possibility. I dont want any silly cliches and Seme/Uke BS.  

[Ren The Ryoko]

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

retice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:51 pm
I voted for the friends one, just because my favorite pairings are the ones where they actually... you know... like each other.
'cause rival fics are hilarious and all, but never as... passionate? I guess that's a good word to use.
And yeah, on a more shallow level looks are pretty important to me in a pairing, but it's not what will sell me. They have to have some sort of chemistry.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:33 pm
Uh. I think liking each other kind of makes sense. You know.  

Skizzors
Crew

Kitsu Maxwell

Shy Phantom

18,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:11 pm
I like the rival pairings. Mostly cause they seem a lot more in depth and have a lot more meaning to them. Pairings who butt heads every now and then tend to come out all the stronger in my opinion. Plus, If they start out not liking eachother, then once they do get together it's like they've truely accepted all their faults. Cause that's what they saw first.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:34 pm
There must be love. It can be immediate and accepted or gradual and reluctant (the best kind) but there has to be love between the two characters. Sex is a definate plus, too.  

[Romiette]

Jennycat_007

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:51 pm
You know that's a hard question for me sweatdrop
I think i like the pairings where there's an innocent one and a very experianced, devilish guy (if you know what i mean 3nodding )
For example the yaoi pairing in Gravitation: Shuichi and Yuki
Shuichi being the adorable and innocent one (even though he's not such an innocent guy in some aspects) and of course Yuki having gone through so many women and having the sexy looks Xp
It's very complicated to explain what that means but i try sweatdrop

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:33 pm
criteria:
1) good looking.
2) love (and or extreme hate/love relationship)
3) smex. P: yummeh.

also, maybe the cute flirting and stuff. it cant be pure smex. it needs to lead up and be a real relationship. no smut.

and im not partial to rape...nah. shota...maybeh :B  

angelBmine

MooMooJuice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:51 am
I like the cute, romantic stuff, so they obviously have to love each other~ <3
I would've picked the manly option too, since whiney ukes aren't really my thing....  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:11 am
Interaction. I hate pairing where in the orginal story they spend little to no timke with eachother, and all of a sudden they are a couple. s i like my couples to have a foundation or story behind them

Lirael the Sleeper

Peaceful Elder

18,225 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200

oO-Ui-Oo

Friendly Puppy

13,575 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Doggone It! 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:44 am
Different types of things msut love each other, and look ok at least, anything eles from there like friendship etc dosent matter, i just falls for a couple depending.

though what im not keen on really is rival relationships, it depends how it is set really, not stuff like what that married couple was like in house on haunted hill movie.

i dont see how relationships work out like that though if its something like enemy/rival at first but then become friends i like that. X3  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:19 pm
All that really matters is thatthey love each other.  

ChaoticAngelofElvenBlood

Sheard

Man-Hungry Kitten

9,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:05 am
Lirael the Sleeper
Interaction. I hate pairing where in the orginal story they spend little to no timke with eachother, and all of a sudden they are a couple. s i like my couples to have a foundation or story behind them

I'm of similar opinion. I don't like pairings that make no sense other and deviates too far away from the canon of whatever it is based on. I want something that is plausably believable without having to say "oh this is just some alternate universe."

It doesn't matter where they start out - friends, enemies, whatever... just if the author can make it work without using any overused cliches or plots that have been done too many times already.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:49 am
I think chemistry is most important and well of course I'm sure they will look good together wink  

MiStReSsOuKa

xX-Lloromannic-Xx

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:32 am
a male who is kinda like girly like im not ready and the other guy who acts like a man...~nya~
do u under stand? i dont think i explain it well....
~nya~  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces