Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Have I been overdoing it, or is my mom being paranoid?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which is it?
  Mother knows best
  Nobody knows your body better than you
View Results

Medication Nation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:06 pm
User ImageWe pray for our sorrows to end...

Today I kept a journal of everything I ate (WW points wise) and my mom was freaking out because I only had 20. That wasn't even my last meal of the day. I have to see her point of view, however. I've been locking myself in my room playing DDR for an hour at a time a few times a day. I haven't been hungry much, I've been eating all three meals (I'm not used to eating breakfast,) I've been more active and have more energy now, and I've been working harder in PE class. Is she just being paranoid, or should I take it easier?

And hope that our hearts will blendUser Image

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:28 pm
I don't know much about the ww points, but maybe a visit to your family doctor might help both of you out. It would at least get your mom off your case, or you might find out you are going to quickly. (I know you need at least 1200 cal a day.)  

Flir

StilettoReject

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:15 am
She's just freaking out. My parents do that too, and I think it's just because I've never been so conscious about my health before.. so it's just a foreign concept to them, you know? :]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:42 am
Actually, ADULTS need at least 1200 calories per day. Teenagers and children need more than that, around 1500 to 1900 depending on the individual's metabolic rate. Speak to your doctor and to your Weight Watchers leader, and then take what they say back to your mother. Teenagers need about 2-4 extra points per day, so you may need to go up to 22 or 24 points.  

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

duhhh leahhh

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:36 am
Shes just being paranoid.
When I was on weight watchers, it was before the points were counted by age and they were counted by weight. And at my weight, it only allowed me 20 points tops, and I was never starving. Youre good :]  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:46 pm
you're doing just fine hun, your mother is being paranoid~! Keep up the good work with the DDR.
The only time you shoudl start to worry is if you feel faint, suffer from dizziness, or pass out, then you might have to start taking in more iron and more sugars and calopries. But if you feel the way you do, you're on the right track. : D just keep going and make sure to drink plenty of water <3

Deerhart

5,650 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Full closet 200

flandreaa

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:36 am
You should eat a healthy snack in the middle of the day aswell-- the more you excercise, the more energy you're going to need. But overall, she's being somewhat paranoid.  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games