Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
But... I just ate!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hungry?
  Ugh.
View Results

Queen.Cellophane

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:39 pm
So does anyone have the problem that soon after they eat they are 'hungry' again? I feel that only an hour after I eat I'm hungry again.
WHY?
So why is that? Am I eating too fast? Or what?
And snacking! Holy cow- I'm so guilty. Does anyone know any good snacks that fill you up for awhile? Or meals that do the same? (Preferably simple)
And an off topic question- anyone do yoga? Does it help?
And how is everyone doin? I'm finally commin back!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:14 pm
I do every once in a while, and I used to have that feeling real bad about a year ago, but you really just have to train yourself into knowing when you're actually hungry and when you're either just bored or your body's playing tricks on you. To boot these feelings of false hunger, I suggest these two options: grazing (the three hour diet thing - eat one hour after getting up and then eat every three hours and do not eat three hours before you go to bed! And the meals are all really small.. and drink a lot a lot a lot of water throughout the day, it'll keep your tummy full :3

Also, if you really want to snack, just keep it healthy and low cal :] There's nothing really wrong with snacking, it's just not good to do too often and in too big of helpings!

I do yoga heart and yes it really does help! I seriously used to get negative numbers on the v-sit and reach tests in high school, but after even just a week of yoga I can see and feel a major difference in my flexibility and muslce toning. It's also really relaxing x3 Once you get the hang of it, of course. It can be frustrating when you first start out, but don't worry! It gets better as you go along heart  

StilettoReject

Queen.Cellophane

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:06 pm
Thanks so much!
You are always so helpful 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:35 am
You're very welcome ^^ And thank you, too! I try to be :'D And I can definitely admit that I've learned a LOT over the past year or two about healthy eating and exercise x3 But I grew up around two aunts who've always been health freaks and both have been personal trainers and nutritionists :]

StilettoReject

Queen.Cellophane

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:58 pm
Lucky you.
My mother just tells me I'm fat.
gonk  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:58 pm
.x.x.x.x. キャンヂキッド x.x.x.x.

{{. try eating a diet that is higher in fiber and protein. Those take longer to digest and kinda fill our stomachs up more. You can also try plain steamed white rice, it pretty much expands in your stomach and can make you super full. =O like half a cup of steramed rice makes me feel like im gonna explode xD.}}

.x.x.x.x. あいしてる x.x.x.x.

Deerhart

5,650 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Full closet 200

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:45 pm
PROTEINNNNNN.

Trust me.

I've found that the best and most satisfying snack is a serving of Beef Jerky. Or any Jerkey.

Seriously though.. it's more satisfying than some meals. I love it!
It's harder and takes longer for your body to digest, keeping you full for much longer than carbs!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:19 pm
Thanks you guys!
I went shoppin with my dad, and we bought some 'english muffins' with extra fiber (like 1/3 of the fiber you need in the day) and I wasn't hungry at Health class!
I'm also bringing a small snack to health so I'm not really hungry at lunch (Usally applesauce. Man I love that stuff)
You guys are so helpful.
4laugh  

Queen.Cellophane

BlinkyTheRed

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:41 am
You're definitely not alone.. I ALWAYS get hungry 1-2 hours after I eat.

I just try to snack on really high fiber/protein things.. they do the best at filling me up, but I still am hungry almost all of the time.

When you change your diet and start watching how much you eat-- sometimes your body goes into shock. When you overeat for a long time, your stomach gets stretched out-- to make room for all the food you're eating.

Your stomach starts shrinking back to normal size once you start eating less-- and while it's adjusting, you'll feel hungry a lot. Once your stomach is back to a normal, small size-- you'll fill up faster and stay full longer.

(I'm still waiting for my tummy to shrink completely.. boo!)  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games