Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
New to t3h Paganism

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ether-Eating Eskimo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:33 pm
Erm... hi... sweatdrop

I have no idea what religion I am. None. But I do want to learn about some. And right now, I'm looking into Paganism... but I'm having some trouble...

There are too many types of Paganism. D: And, also, every site I find that has to do with it is all jumbled up. I have no idea where I'm supposed to look first. I need to know what to look at and when to look at it, so I know what I need to know to get to that point.

I'm only 14, so I can't join a coven and all that, but I figure I can still learn now...

Thanks very much,
-Crimson

PS: Just to be clear, as I know that was somewhat jumbled, I'm in need of info. Whether you yourself can message me some helpful information, or you can link me to a good site, or even give me some titles of books to look for. Anything really...  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:57 pm
krYmZ1n 53raph 0f 5il3nc3
Erm... hi... sweatdrop

I have no idea what religion I am. None. But I do want to learn about some. And right now, I'm looking into Paganism... but I'm having some trouble...

There are too many types of Paganism. D: And, also, every site I find that has to do with it is all jumbled up. I have no idea where I'm supposed to look first. I need to know what to look at and when to look at it, so I know what I need to know to get to that point.

I'm only 14, so I can't join a coven and all that, but I figure I can still learn now...

Thanks very much,
-Crimson

PS: Just to be clear, as I know that was somewhat jumbled, I'm in need of info. Whether you yourself can message me some helpful information, or you can link me to a good site, or even give me some titles of books to look for. Anything really...

I'm specifically responding to the bolded part.
The heart of the matter, when researching religions that aren't one of the big 5 (The Three Abrahamic religions, Buddhism, and Hinduism), you really need a starting point, as "Pagan" tells us what someone isn't, not so much what one is.
You might as well pick something you find interesting and run with that first, or, take something fairly developed, such as Asatru (An Asatruar can explain this far better, but basically, it's a Norse reconstruction religion), which has plenty of people who are already educated about it out in the wide world.  

Fiddlers Green

Ether-Eating Eskimo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:10 pm
What about two?

Celtic and Greek.

Greek just sounds interesting.

And, for some reason, I just feel attracted towards Celtic.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:29 pm
Well, Hellenic reconstructionalists (Greek) are not rare, they aren't as easy to find as Asatruar tho.

As far as Celtic... you'll likely want to be fairly specific.
We have several persons who are pretty well versed there, but I'm not sure if all of what they do is metagenetic or if any of it is open to outsiders.  

Fiddlers Green

Ether-Eating Eskimo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:35 pm
Honestly, I just want to learn about it right now. Find out what Gods they believe in, what each one is like, how they worship, basically their belief and how they use it. :F

And, for the record, I'm Irish if it matters at all.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:40 pm
Also, which religions believe in tarot cards? Because I've always wanted to get into that too. =3  

Ether-Eating Eskimo

Annalixa

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:35 pm
Tarot cards aren't specific to any religion. I know many Christians who read them, for example.

Crowley's take on the Tarot has a lot of Qabalahlistic (which is Jewish, of course) stuff in there. But that's the closest you're going to get to any specific religion that "believe" in Tarot. It's mostly the other way around, if anything.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:34 pm
krYmZ1n 53raph 0f 5il3nc3
Also, which religions believe in tarot cards? Because I've always wanted to get into that too. =3

Tarot cards have an uncertain history, but the most likely origin I've read about is a Middle Ages card game. Anyone with eyes should believe in them, though, as one can pick up the cards. Beliving their use is valid is an entirely different thing, but you can approach it from a number of perspectives.

When you say you're Irish, do you mean you're born in and live in Ireland?  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Sir_Catherine

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:27 pm
Fiddlers Green
As far as Celtic... you'll likely want to be fairly specific.
We have several persons who are pretty well versed there, but I'm not sure if all of what they do is metagenetic or if any of it is open to outsiders.

What does "metagenetic" mean?  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff