Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply Off Topic Discussion
Life Issues.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you happy about our new sticky?
  Yes. :]
  No. D; (Me: Please give us feedback as to why, if you choose this option.)
  I just wanted the gold. v.v;
View Results

Madam Hare

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:42 pm
Okay here it goes, your loyal crew members have decided since some people have requested a Life issues subforum that we would give this a test drive by putting up a sticky in this off-topic decussion forum and if we get people actually posting in it, then we shall one day make it in to a Sub-Forum for all to enjoy but for now we are going to try it like this.

Now for the topic, this shall be a forum for all you out there who have issues you wish to discuss and possibly recieve advice upon, within reason of course we have to keep in mind we cannot go over pg 13 on this site.

Now for the rules, we must get to those of course, right?

Rules
Please do not flame others for what they say, people are actually putting their hearts and feelings out there for others to help them, okay?
Secondly follow Gaia Tos, got it?
Thirdly just be considerate to your fellow Gaian, you never know when you may need them to be considerate to you..
Well I think that's all lets kick this thing off.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:08 pm
I guess our members didn't have as many issues as we thought...  

Madam Hare

Madam Hare

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:36 pm
Well since the rest of you are all too shy to start this whole thing off I suppose i'll add one of my issues to the table and see what you people have to say or what you think about the subject.

Okay well, I like this guy I work with, and while it's a no no to have relationships with the people you work with I was willing to go with it, untill he got promoted again....Well he's my boss now, I transfered departments so maybe we could have something going and all. The thing is that he said he likes me bbut that he "Doesn't think he'd be good for me." or something to that effect. We've kinda messed around a few times and once we've even done things while we were in the parking lot where we both work. Well I think I care about him more than just ''liking him'' and i'm so not sure what I should do....I mean isn't this a messed up situation? What would you do? Any comments or any similar situations out there?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:45 am
Well I see that this forum was a bad idea.  

Madam Hare

Grey Gardens

1,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:11 pm
March_Hare`
Well since the rest of you are all too shy to start this whole thing off I suppose i'll add one of my issues to the table and see what you people have to say or what you think about the subject.

Okay well, I like this guy I work with, and while it's a no no to have relationships with the people you work with I was willing to go with it, untill he got promoted again....Well he's my boss now, I transfered departments so maybe we could have something going and all. The thing is that he said he likes me bbut that he "Doesn't think he'd be good for me." or something to that effect. We've kinda messed around a few times and once we've even done things while we were in the parking lot where we both work. Well I think I care about him more than just ''liking him'' and i'm so not sure what I should do....I mean isn't this a messed up situation? What would you do? Any comments or any similar situations out there?

I'm not a great one to give advice but I'll try haha. You're right, it sort of is a messed up situation. What I think you should do is maybe try to cut off anything like kissing him, and whatever else you're doing, because he is your boss. What if it gets to a point where he may have to fire you? That would ruin everything, and it would be extremely awkward for him. A much harder thing you could do is if you want to keep this relationship with him, is possibly quitting your job and staying in the relationship with him. I know that is a HUGE thing to do so I don't reccomend it unless this isn't an important job that you're planning on keeping.

Sorry that's not very good advice but it's all I can think of.

Btw, this topic isn't a bad idea. Sometimes people don't go into subforums very much and just stay on the original forum. Also, sometimes it's hard for some people to be able to share their problems with others. And possibly our guild could be full with people like that haha.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:47 pm
Yeah it could be everyone doesn't realize this sub-topic is here and all...I know I have an odd situation but it's recently gotten better...We just kinda keep work at work and our "relationship" if you could call it that to our selves.

I really thought this forum would be a hit since people were saying how much they wanted a Life issues thing, I mean I even started the thing off with one of my own stupid issues. x_x  

Madam Hare

Super Cy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:58 pm
Naw, the sticky is a good idea and i wouldn't have known it was here if it wasn't for the fact i like to explore...makes some games imposable to play...

Now for my glorious problem...And it's kind of a long story and if you have advice, you'll need an open mind....

So I'm bisexual. I think that everyone who knows me knows this XD So it was no surprise when i told my bf (Edward) i wanted a my friend (Alice). And Alice wanted both of us. So one night in December we had a threesome. I was going to be a one time thing, but we all wanted to do it again, and against my better judgment, we did...Eventually, it kind of became regular, and when i was "broken" once a month those two would have sex and it didn't really bug me because I love Edward and I love Alice...just a little differently...and they never did it behind my back. And I would get a little jelious, but Edward would always ashur me that if i didn't want him and Alice to do anything then they wouldn't, but I knew he loved Alice too (we both have for a while) and the way he said it made me fell a little guilty...

When, June hit, I let her move in, as i promised when i first moved in to my house. Well, the way Edward and Alice acted around each other, almost as if i wasn't there was starting to make me believe that maybe Edward and Alice belonged together more then Edward and I.

Edward works 8-5 Mon-Fri, so he goes to bed at about 10 and Alice as a thing about being up by 8 AM and would got to bed and would sleep in my bed. My bed is only a Queen, so eventually i started feeling crowded. On top of that this summer has been Hellish and Montana houses are built to deal with the cold and not the heat, so i began sleeping in the basement, where an uncomfortable king was.

By July i was feeling as if i was a stranger in my own house and relationship, at that time i was feeling kind of stressed do to the up coming Harry Potter Release Party and i needed to get my Slytherin costume finished. And for whatever reason i could not get Edward to myself. I was never just the two of us and the one time I tried directly i ended up hurting Alice, Edward and myself, so i decided i would have to wait till after Harry Potter to talk to them.

The Sunday after Harry Potter 7th came out (got i was so tired and frustrated...) I had tried to lock myself in my room so Edward couldn't tell me what was going on in Harry Potter. Basicly that had left Alice the options of sleeping in the basement or Alice actually sleeping in her own room... The two had become custom to sleeping with me in the basement, so that is where they went.

About 11 o'clock Edward came up and layed down next to me. Last time he had done this was when his dad called to say that is mom (who just had a stem cell transplant for lukima) was in the hospital. So automaticly i ask what is wrong.

Yeah, you can guess what the news was i'm sure. But that wasn't what had pisses me off at all, i should have seen that coming, but what had done me in was (A) they had done it before (this was the first time they had gone all the way, other times it was fooling around), (B) he had told me he never would at a time they obviously had, and (C) the only reason he had told me is because he had come a little inside her.

I am extremely level heading in times of panic (my dad died and i spent the day comforting my mom, talking to the officials, etc) so i managed to stay calm and not run out. But i didn't kick either one out. In stead i simply expained that i could never trust them the same again. Hell, i'm even afraid to leave the two of them alone.

I guess i'm wondering, did i do the right thing? For almost a week, I felt like killing Alice for betraying me and seducing Edward (yeah, she's good at that because she play the innocent card perfectly). On top of that she has been mad at me since the incident like i did the wrong thing (i have a bad feeling that she wanted Edward).

About Edward, I couldn't look him the the eye until I was done with Harry Potter. For what ever reason, I never got pissed at him, just irritated. I know that if it were to happen again, i would leave. On the other hand I got pissed at myself for allowing it to happen and even more at Alice (she probably ruined my trust the most because we are almost family...literally...i've know her since she was 4 and i'm about to become her aunt). And i'm becoming worried even more, because Alice has never shown interest in any other guy besides Edward. And she can't stand to be in the room with me...Im about ready to kick her a**...and on top of that she's getting to friendly with Edward again...

Have i done the right thing? Am I just paranoid? And is it wrong to hate my self for it???

That it an issue! LOL...

P.S. I just got done reading Eclipse and i didn't want to use there real named....
ninja  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:49 pm
IdlersDream
March_Hare`

I'm not a great one to give advice but I'll try haha. You're right, it sort of is a messed up situation. What I think you should do is maybe try to cut off anything like kissing him, and whatever else you're doing, because he is your boss. What if it gets to a point where he may have to fire you? That would ruin everything, and it would be extremely awkward for him. A much harder thing you could do is if you want to keep this relationship with him, is possibly quitting your job and staying in the relationship with him. I know that is a HUGE thing to do so I don't reccomend it unless this isn't an important job that you're planning on keeping.

Sorry that's not very good advice but it's all I can think of.

Btw, this topic isn't a bad idea. Sometimes people don't go into subforums very much and just stay on the original forum. Also, sometimes it's hard for some people to be able to share their problems with others. And possibly our guild could be full with people like that haha.

Well he isn't my ''boss'' any longer he's in the department next to mine and the Team Leader there...Well we recently went all the way and the issues i'm having is that he has not kissed me. ;
He will touch me everywhere use his mouth every place except for my lips and it just upsets me...I mean it's hard enough that he just told me he's leaving in November for the airforce. I think I love him and he's going to leave me, I'm just all confused when it comes to him.

Madam Hare

Kirby_Komatose

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:55 pm
Well ladies and gents, get comfy because this is pretty long and confusing and probably childish, but I really needed to vent.

Lets see, my problem started when my friend told me she was bi. I was like, sweet, since I am too and I've had this thing for her for a while. So what, you say? Well, that same day, she asked me out, and that's where my problem really began.

I debated long and hard about it, I even made a mental list of the pros and cons!

Pros: She's hot, I like her a lot, we have a lot in common, we understand eachother, and she has FANTASTIC boobs! sweatdrop Yeah, I know, crappy list, but hey, I'm a hormonal teenager!

Cons: She'll be a distraction to my education, things will get awkward when we end it, I may lose her, we can't go public about it, and I'm new to the 'dating' thing so I will suck at it.

Anyways, I went against myself, the side that has better judgement, and said yes. So, we started dating and I'd never been happier in my life! Someone actually wanted me, and it felt nice. So, you say, what's the problem? Well, as we all know, all good things must come to an end...so we had to call it quits, appearantly(sp?), her parents were getting suspicious because I had been going to her house a lot lately.

I didn't cry when I read the letter, it was during class, but I felt my heart clench. I finally allowed myself to cry on my friends shoulder when she asked about it a few days later, it had finally sunken in. I hate getting emotional and I shouldn't make a big deal out of it...so it came as a shock to me that I was crying over something so petty.

Anyways, after a couple of weeks, I quit being a besh and tried being just friends, like she wanted. Well, it didn't work out. She moved on quite quickly and got herself a guy. I didn't mind, I just didn't hang around her when he was there...yeah, I know, denial. Things sort of became calm again, but a facade can only last for so long. I don't know if she was mad at me or what, but she'd always talk about him and throw in comments about jealousy being a b***h, and then she'd give me this look because she knew I was dieing of jealousy.

I could only take so much, so I distanced myself from her. It was actually good for me, I became much happier. I even realized something; I loved her like I do all my friends, but I wasn't sure if I was in love with her. It's more like I was in love with the idea that someone actually thought I was attractive and they wanted to be with me, flaws and all.

I won't lie though, it hurt seeing her and not being with her...and it still hurts. She's made efforts to talk to me, but our conversations are awkward and don't spark an interest in me anymore. It's like, I can't stand not standing her...if that makes any sense. I hate looking at her and getting angry. I hate how we used to get along so well and now I can barely mutter a greeting to her. I need to let go, but I don't know how. I want to be able to look at her with him and be truly happy for her.

There's a light at the end of this dark tunnel though! You see, I'm one of the guys, so around 90% of my friends are guys. Well, one of them actually likes me! He wants to start dating when school starts, on the 25th. I don't know if I should. He's a really good friend and I don't want to lose him like I lost her. Dating him might help me get over her though. He's handsome, honest, funny, just as pervy as I am whee , and he's seen me at my best and worst and still wants to try! He's basically one of those sweet guys that are hard to find at my school. Should I give it a shot with him?

Woo, I feel much better! Anyways, sorry I made you listen to my pathetic love life. redface  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:26 am
Well, I can see this is getting nowhere... stare

It's all good though. I think I have it sorted out, so no biggie.  

Kirby_Komatose

PervyKirby

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:17 pm
Wow, either no one has any problems or no one cares!!! emo  
Off Topic Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out