Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
basilsk help (painting it)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fred smiths

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:23 am
i got the codex today and saw i could use basislks in my ork army and i remember my basilsk i got a while ago was in my cupboard so i got it and it said i had to make changes so i cut pieces of the cannon and the little shield guard.

but i was wondering how to paint it i want a rusty colour without using spray cans?

and what other things can i change in it?  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:49 am
Paint some mithril silver onto bits of the bassie then drybrush tin bitz over for a chipped/rusting look as for making it look more orky add some battle scars to it as its probably scavenged and just add more orkish stuff to it  

darkmage676

Fred smiths

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 12:11 pm

thanks i got my craft knife and put in some scars and i have a go with your rust

Super Saphira!

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 12:25 pm
Washes of brown over silver also look good, if you dont go too lightly, or too much. Which is kinda hard... Perhapse I cant help you... Dry brushes work well as well. Add glyphs and banner poles. That should look pretty good, also try switching the gunner for a Grechin. That would look cool.  

Ruric Torrune

Fred smiths

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 1:08 pm
i did brown over silver for the edges and brown und yellow work surprisingly well for me like a mucky rusty colour and next time i go to a gw shop im gonna get some grechins  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 1:13 pm
i might put my newly converted ork sniper on it so good shooting  

Fred smiths

FlashbackJon

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:36 am
Tinweasel's rust tutorial should come in very handy.

You can't get much more realistic than making your own mixture of actual rust.  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:11 am
hmmmmm grow your own rust it sounds bad ^^ good guide thingy though  

Fred smiths

Ruric Torrune

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:29 pm
For as long as I've played armys with rust, I have never seen that before...  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:08 pm
for insignias paint em' gold and then lightly dry brush a mix of fotress grey and skull white {50%/50%} yo make it look withered. then on the edges blend static grass to a sort of powder and glue it to the apropriate rust areas.make sure no extra grass is left and then drybrush dwarven brass. do the same rust technique for the edges of the vehicles armour and railings and if u really want a cool affest take pliars and make notche in the armour. and i sugest u get a bunch of grots pulling it with a slaver ontop of a platform to make it seem more orky. other orky things are some extra gun attachments that look like there duck taped on. the tracks should also be broken and there should be some sort of cadian bodys drakin behind the basilisk. and finaly attach one of those ork walls to the top of the head of the canon and make a mekboy perring inside. i think this will make it look exstreamly orky. mrgreen twisted twisted twisted twisted domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun  

jtownrocks

Fred smiths

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:01 am

ok wow youve done that

Super Saphira!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:55 pm
Rust? Ok, from my expeirence this is what to do

1. dry brush (use a old brush you dont care about) the parts you are painting with either chainmail (lighter) or boltgun metal (darker) I'm guessing your using black primer first.
2. Dry brush either a brass color paint on it VERY lightly or something similiar.
3Lastly, dry brush either taned flesh or a brown color on it. Do it loosly and over the edges. Rust forms on edges and rivets.  

cyberagent

Painting and Modelling Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff