Green Shirts
View Results

`Fenix

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:50 pm
Don't they always seem to die alot?  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 4:58 am
    In TOS?
    YES
    The security guards and non essential personell are always the ones to die first
    XDDDDD

+==+==+moo+

-[.Moo.]-

Lord Redtail Rathan

Invisible Genius

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:44 am
`Fenix
Don't they always seem to die alot?

Not in TNG. TNG, its always yellow shirts.  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 2:05 pm
well, i kinda noticed that the few deaths in Voyager were mostly ensins.

whenever my brother and I watch startrek, we always make jokes involving that. like "captain! there was a hull breach in the ensin quarters, but the bodies have cloged it, we can just seal it off the room and the ship'll be fine.

or like "B'lona, regulate the warp injectors. lutenant, go help the doctor, Ensin, go crawl around in that jeferies tube that has those flashing green lights and has borg sounds comeing from it/ go hug that borg shaped thing" lol  

Admiral Smort

Gharbad

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:53 pm
In Star Trek 25th Anniversary, the game, whenever you make a big mistake the red shirt dies.

Like in the first mission, you have to phaser some rubble. If you don't fire at the loose rock on top first, the red shirt gets hit by it.

There's also this:
http://echosphere.net/star_trek_insp/insp_expendability.jpg  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:42 pm
Whenever there's an away mission, and a character we don't recognize...we always say..."look, it's ensign expendable". They nearly always don't make it back to the ship  

blbb

`Fenix

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:20 pm
Gharbad
There's also this:
http://echosphere.net/star_trek_insp/insp_expendability.jpg

LMAO rofl  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:22 am
It is a theme that Gene Roddenberry purposely added into TOS that the Redshirt on an alien planet almost always dies. I believe that it was intended to be humorous.  

Saoraan

startrekadmiral

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:45 pm
Saoraan
It is a theme that Gene Roddenberry purposely added into TOS that the Redshirt on an alien planet almost always dies. I believe that it was intended to be humorous.

It's not humorous to the red shirts!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:42 pm
I once read a trek book where a security officer almost beamed down in a red shirt but his science officer roommate made him wear one of his blue shirts for safety. xd  

Saoraan

Kristof Canada

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:44 pm
it was always red shirts until they changed the colors. now yellow shirts are security guys.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:30 pm
Saoraan
I once read a trek book where a security officer almost beamed down in a red shirt but his science officer roommate made him wear one of his blue shirts for safety. xd

LOL  

`Fenix

Naphatarie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:58 pm
Saoraan

I think thats cute.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:00 am
Naphatarie
Saoraan

I think thats cute.

thats breaking the 4th wall in some way

just cant figure it out

youd think they would start noticing that red= bad color

i mean, can you find a Military party out there that's uniform is red?

(dont count the mounties, we all can agree that they dont matter much anyways xd )  

Choboxer

5,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items