Reply Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild
Random Trek Thoughts.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Z3R0OneOne7

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:48 pm
Can The Q be assmulated?(in the VOY ep Q2. Q tells Q Jr not to aravate teh borg. So that brings in the question if they can or not)

Hirogen=Predators? They are almost alike its scary exepct for the fact that Predators use a clock while Hirogens well don't.

Ever notice That Harry and B’Elanna Get abucted the most?

Also that Harry never got promoted untill he returned to earth? He should of been a lutenet by the time they got back.  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 2:54 pm
Can The Q be assimilated?

The Q are god so no.  

Naphatarie

Red Roses in December

6,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 2:23 pm
Z3R0OneOne7
Can The Q be assmulated?(in the VOY ep Q2. Q tells Q Jr not to aravate teh borg. So that brings in the question if they can or not)

Hirogen=Predators? They are almost alike its scary exepct for the fact that Predators use a clock while Hirogens well don't.

Ever notice That Harry and B’Elanna Get abucted the most?

Also that Harry never got promoted untill he returned to earth? He should of been a lutenet by the time they got back.

I don't think that Q can be assimilated, but maybe q can't mess with certain things till he's older and wiser. I have no idea who the predators are, but if there are two hirogens species, I fear for our galaxy. Harry and B'Ellana get kidnapped the most because their bio-signatures read"Please kidnap me, I have no life." And Harry getting promoted, he shoould have been, but"There is a command structure." Bull!  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 3:53 pm
They say don't mess witht the borg, so they don't know (or believe) of the Q's existence, or powers, thus somewhat limiting what the borg think they can eventually do.  

Admiral Smort

Lord Redtail Rathan

Invisible Genius

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:54 am
@ batgirlblond: rofl rofl rofl about Harry and B'Elanna

@ Naphatarie: Q is not god, though he did say that he knows God, and had a hand in creation. Just look at the duck-billed playpus.  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:21 pm
I thought of this on the bus...IT'S THE RED SHIRT SONG

Ris for R>I>P

E is the secound letter in death and dead and the third in...DIE

D is for destiny in which the red shirt's died

This is why....you don't where a red shirt...in the 1966 star trek universe....

Red shirt red shirt it doesn't matter if it fades pink,red,blue your shirts still red and company made!

END!!!!!

O_Omooo  

goddess_oraorchid

Shopping_Spree_101

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:58 pm
Naphatarie
Can The Q be assimilated?

The Q are god so no.

Q says he's a god. but remember the Q who killed himself? well he said that the Q were NOT omnipotent, implying they were merely more powerful than humans. Plus being omnipotent is a quality of a god. To say that Q is a god is like saying someone with telepathic and telekinetic powers or a time traveler is a god. if Q was caught by surprise or for some reason couldn't use his power, he most likely could be assimilated.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:38 am
First I believe that the Q fear the Borg not for what they are but like with humanity for what they might become which might yet be able to threaten the Q thus the Q do not want the Borg to notice/become aware of them. Second predators are not ST so you should discuss them in the non-ST discussion forum. As to Harry and B'Elanna getting abducted well my opinion is that directors decided to make that a funny theme like red shirts dying. Finally as to Harry not being promoted I agree with batgirlblond that he couldn't be promoted because there was only the one ship and promotion usually goes hand in hand with a transfer also note that the only person to get promoted during the entire series was Tom and that wasn't a real promotion because it was a promotion back to his old rank after he had been demoted earlier.  

Saoraan

Shopping_Spree_101

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:57 pm
Saoraan
First I believe that the Q fear the Borg not for what they are but like with humanity for what they might become which might yet be able to threaten the Q thus the Q do not want the Borg to notice/become aware of them. Second predators are not ST so you should discuss them in the non-ST discussion forum. As to Harry and B'Elanna getting abducted well my opinion is that directors decided to make that a funny theme like red shirts dying. Finally as to Harry not being promoted I agree with batgirlblond that he couldn't be promoted because there was only the one ship and promotion usually goes hand in hand with a transfer also note that the only person to get promoted during the entire series was Tom and that wasn't a real promotion because it was a promotion back to his old rank after he had been demoted earlier.

1. That is true. I would add that if a Q was trapped in human form, as Q seem to be so often, he/she could be assimilated.

2. Yeah you're right. lol at first i thought you were talkin about something else

3. true. probably voyager's version of red shirt.

4. Tom DID get a real promotion i think it was at the end of Caretaker he changed from an observer to a lieutenant. wow i actually spelled that right...  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:44 pm
Redtail Rathan

@ Naphatarie: Q is not god, though he did say that he knows God, and had a hand in creation. Just look at the duck-billed playpus.

What I think is funny is that Q can't seem to decide whether he believes in evolution or creation. One day he's bringing Picard to when the first spark of life supposedly evolved. The next he's saying he knows God and had a hand in creation.  

Shopping_Spree_101

Naphatarie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:06 pm
Shopping_Spree_101
Redtail Rathan

What I think is funny is that Q can't seem to decide whether he believes in evolution or creation. One day he's bringing Picard to when the first spark of life supposedly evolved. The next he's saying he knows God and had a hand in creation.

Intelligent design perhaps??  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:23 pm
I think if a Q wanted to- he could be assimilated but it'd be too easy for them to get away, Borgs couldn't catch 'em.  

Emi Uoza

MagnusHansen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:16 pm
Z3R0OneOne7

I'm not even going to dignify that question with an answer.

Z3R0OneOne7

Not so random; that's a line from the Voyager episode "Nightingale"

But here is something that I've wondered... is it that the Borg are just so damn conceded that they HAVE to take Earth with ONE ship? I mean, come on! If they really wanted Earth that bad they'd send a wonderfully sized armada and take Earth out. Or do another Star Trek VIII: First Contact thing again, but this time leave from the DQ!

And is it me, or does Data in the first few seasons of TNG seem more human that he ever is in the series pre-ST:VII?  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games