Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
well im back

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

HIM_fan

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:28 pm
I just quit my job..
( for very good reasons : lack of respect, and they wanted perfection)

well ive been exerciseing and all still but my diet took a turn for the worse because i had to buy food on the way to work because i left right at 12:50 to go to work from school.. i think i need to work out more and do some different things..i do all types of sit ups and crunches, some weights ( about 15 pounds to do some chest exercise things ( a chest push up??).. taibo punchy things.. tai bo things with 2 pound weights.. leg strechtes, arm circles..and body twists.(for my abs).
ive lost weight for not being home and at work all the time so not having much time to really eat but my deit went to crap because of crappy food you see.. and im seeing ive lost weight but i know the food will catch back up and ill binge since im home..
so any suggestions on new exercises and some ways to fix my diet.. im thinking of going more organic..i hate red meat..ill eat chicken , and seafood tho.. so yeah
help me please
heart  
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:51 pm
Love your avitar! BTW, that's exactly how I am, I tend to keep away from meat as much as I can (it kind of makes me nautious, I think I'm supposed to be vegan, but I can't afford it). I found this web site all about how to eat healthy on a budget, it had tips like buying wheat bread (the $1 wheat bread is the same price as the $1 white bread, but keeps you full for us to twice as long) and buying frozen veggies insted of canned. Bird'sEye even has steam in the bag stuff, which I love, but then again, I'm big on veggies, fruits, and junk food.

I'm not much for exercising, because my mom used Pixi Stix for reward value, and I'm pretty sure it gave me ADD real bad- I get bored to fast with most exercises, so my best suggestion is to buy a Wii. It sounds like a promotion, but before I got my Wii, I played a lot of Dance-Dance. You get a game like Wii Sports, Wario Ware, Sonic, Zelda, the Godfather... actually, pretty much anything out right now, and you'll lose weight without noticing you're exercising because you're thinking, "I've got to save the princess" not, "I have to do twn more reps". At least that's what worked for me. I can never keep myself exercising for more then 20 minutes, but when I got Zelda, I played for 12 hours strait, (I only quit because my GF came home from work and made me... I'm a video game addict) and when I got up the next morning my shoulders were so sore... because I had done 12 hours of strait sword training.

Something else I can suggest is that you get a puppy. I recently went to the pound and adopted me a baby, and I've noticed that he kind of forces me to exercise. It seems like before I could never find time to take a walk, but now I have to walk Sparks every day or he cries about it. He also does the puppy tug-of-war thing, which is surprizingly similar to a machine I used at the gym that you pull weights up on... I forget what it's called, but it's supposed to help your upper body strenth... anyway, I could never get interested in that, but I'm not gonna watch that baby sit there with his rope bone looking at me with those sad puppy eyes.

That's about all I've got... hope I helped a little...  

takocos

Dapper Genius

4,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

__penguin__
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:27 pm
If you want to keep yourself from eating fast food, I suggest you read the book Fast Food Nation. I haven't eaten fast food since we read that for English class. Oh, man, fast food is so GROSS. Seriously. Not just because of how much fat is in it. The conditions of the place where the processed food is made. GROSS. gonk So yeah, it may seem a stupid way to eat healthier, but hey, it worked for me. biggrin  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games