Welcome to Gaia! ::

Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians

Back to Guilds

Join vegetarians and supporters for discussion on health, cooking, and ethical issues! 

Tags: Food, Vegan, Vegetarian, Animal, Cooking 

Reply Recipes & Cooking Tips
Tofutti brand "sour cream" & "cream cheese"

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kristal Lee

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 8:26 pm
The brand "Tofutti" makes EXCELLENT vegan "sour cream" and "cream cheese".

If any of you vegans have not tried it before, seek it out! They're really amazing! They're not common in grocery stores (not like vegan ice cream is now) but I've found them in health food stores... so look around, and if you can't find it where you live, ask managers of grocery stores if they can special order it for you.

Seriously! You won't regret it!  
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 8:35 pm

I haven't managed to find any yet. Hell, I can't even find vegan margarine.
    But I have had their ice cream bars. 8D

[ Karma M!lkshake ]

DreamerSpirit

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:16 pm
My mom went to WholeFoods last week and got me two containers of Tofutti cream cheese. It's all gone now.

It tastes excellent on saltine crackers!

Hell, even my grandma, who is always hesitant to try 'vegan food' liked it!  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 7:23 am
It's so awesome... I can't believe what they can do with tofu nowadays! It's great! biggrin  

Kristal Lee

DreamerSpirit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:44 am
Just be careful with the tofutti cream cheese though. I just found out that there are two varieties of it.

One is nummy and not too bad for you, but the second variety is made with hydrogenated oils! Eww...

So just be sure to check the labels. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:33 pm
We sell both in my store, long with many other wonderful vegan items. I really want to try and make cheese cake out of the cream cheese though. I wonder if it will work.  

Eye_seE

Sporadic_Lyricz

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:49 pm

i've found both of them at public and whole foods before. i tried the sour cream b/c i needed something to put on my baked potatoes. it was good in small amounts but if you used to much of it or had it plain(e.g.cleaning off the knife) it tasted pretty bad.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:31 am
i've found both of them at public and whole foods before. i tried the sour cream b/c i needed something to put on my baked potatoes. it was good in small amounts but if you used to much of it or had it plain(e.g.cleaning off the knife) it tasted pretty bad.

It tasted bad because, well sour cream by it self is just nasty sweatdrop but when it's on something, it's really, really good.
Anyways, I wonder if they carry this stuff at walmart? I know Dillion's has vegan cheese and a couple of other things like that you can get at walmart, buy they don't have the brand  

Peppermint Cherry

ChaoticConsonance

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:27 pm
I've almost never seen specifically vegan food at Wal-Mart. It's rare at Target, too. sad

Accidentally vegan stuff is awesome, though, and if you stay in the fresh stuff you'll be safer too.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:34 pm
I wish they had tofutti brand in New Zealand.  

Catherine teh Vegan

Heterotechno

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:51 pm
Seriously, I'm addicted to the cream cheese.
I think it's sooo much yummier than regular cream cheese!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:51 am
im not fond of the cream cheese plain, but i very much enjoy it either on everything bagels or on plain bagels with a jam or apple butter  

Suicidal Watercolors

Nicola Six

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:46 pm
I wish I could get it here... or maybe not. I could be addicted to it!  
Recipes & Cooking Tips

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games