Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you have a Trekkie Teacher?
  Yes! It's awesome!
  No, sadly D:
  Yeah, but it's weird...
  No, and I'm glad I don't!
  I honestly don't know :o (bring a trekkie item to school and see if they recognize it!)
View Results

Lt-Commander-Data

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 6:18 pm
Okay, so, just for giggles and fits, I took my Data action figure to school for 3 days awhile ago. Now, one of my teachers didn't like Data, but she told me that one of the other teachers has a signed picture of jean-luc hung on her wall right when you go in her house XD I can't wait till I have class with her next year. Cuz, y'know, I think it's pretty awesome when me and a teacher get in a discussion about Star Trek and nobody else knows what the hell we're talking about!

Anyway, do any of you have any awesome teachers that you've found are trekkies too? Share your stories!  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 6:27 pm
I have a teacher that likes Star trek. I give him fanfics to read on occasion.  

Naphatarie

sensei_ken

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 7:58 pm
I have one that hangs models from the ceiling. He also uses examples from ST to teach science.  
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 3:45 am
sensei_ken
I have one that hangs models from the ceiling. He also uses examples from ST to teach science.

XD My Physics Teacher taught us about the speed of light using the NCC-1701. That's right, Kirk's Enterprise.

And my Economics/American Govnt. teacher has this on his door:

If you are late, bring a pass. Or be assimilated into D-Hall. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!

Its so awesome.  

Lord Redtail Rathan

Invisible Genius

Red Roses in December

6,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 12:08 pm
Oh my god, this will make all of us cringe in pain. My journalism teacher gave us all an assignment to find pictures, si I was on google looking for TNG pics. He came over when I was copying a picture of the Enterprise -D, saw the heading and said"What's the D for, there's only one enterprise isn't there?" AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 3:26 pm
batgirlblond
Oh my god, this will make all of us cringe in pain. My journalism teacher gave us all an assignment to find pictures, si I was on google looking for TNG pics. He came over when I was copying a picture of the Enterprise -D, saw the heading and said"What's the D for, there's only one enterprise isn't there?" AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my god. The borg would just ignore him. Wow. I hope he trips over his own stupidity. That almost as bad as askgin if Luke Skywalker is the captain of the Enterprise. I beat the hell out of him. Had to pay the court $350 too.  

Lord Redtail Rathan

Invisible Genius

Naphatarie

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 3:38 pm
Redtail Rathan
batgirlblond

Oh my god. The borg would just ignore him. Wow. I hope he trips over his own stupidity. That almost as bad as askgin if Luke Skywalker is the captain of the Enterprise. I beat the hell out of him. Had to pay the court $350 too.

Which is why I only kick my p***y whipped male friend's asses  
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 9:53 pm
My physics teacher was more of a Star Wars guy, but he still liked Star Trek and used it in questions on tests occasionally.

I had to bring in my presentation on a CD to him, and he noticed the author of the thing was "William Riker", since I put in ST names into Office and such when I install them...
He was all like "So I see you like Star Trek...."  

Gharbad

Lt-Commander-Data

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 10:51 pm
Haha, nice, to all of you XD I especially like the assimilation sign surprised It's brilliant! It's so interesting how Trekkies can pop up out of nowhere. :3 but I guess that's the beauty of it.  
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 12:03 am
My chem teacher in high school would talk about phasers a lot. But I didn't watch star trek at the time, so it fell on deaf ears.

Also, I was recently at a biology seminar and the lecturer began to talk about a star trek (next generation, I believe) episode where the crew is taken over by parasites.  

Recca

O.G. Noob

5,700 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Beta Gaian 0

Lt-Commander-Data

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 9:55 am
Haha, nice. Was the episode "Phantasms"? That's the only one I can think of with... parasites.  
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 9:03 pm
Lt-Commander-Data
Haha, nice. Was the episode "Phantasms"? That's the only one I can think of with... parasites.

No idear. domokun  

Recca

O.G. Noob

5,700 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Beta Gaian 0

Pherfiniel

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 10:23 pm
I had a student teacher who was a total Trekkie. I dressed up as Spock for Halloween and went into class and he geeked out majorly in front of everyone, shouting "OH MY GOD! I WAS SPOCK FOR HALLOWEEN WHEN I WAS A KID!"
I then returned the total geek-out and we talked about ST for a good five minutes, and then my actual teacher walked in and was like "Spock? Like Benjamin Spock?" (She was my history teacher.) We laughed.

There's also a teacher in my school named "Bill Riker", but it's gotta be a conincidence because he's older than TNG. But still, I go up to people and I'm like "Oh yeah, I know William Riker. He taught me so much..."

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:55 am
Lol, you know, I was watching tv one night and it was showing the history of some estate and it had been owned by "William Riker" XD I got a kick out of that.

...I might be a Trek character for halloween. But I'd probably have to buy a costume off ebay XD; (just the shirt)  

Lt-Commander-Data

Kristof Canada

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:40 pm
my E&M prof is a definite Trekkie. She has a phaser that she likes to pose with, and she's talking about having a department outing to see then new movie. I think some other guys are Trekkies, too, but I'm not sure which ones.
Oh physics heart  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces