Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
new form of Wicca???

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:04 am
My fiance is working with a guy that says he is a lanvander wiccan. I have never heard of this befor, has anyone elts?  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 2:16 am
Nope.

What is a "Lanvander" ?  

ShadowSharrow

jaden kendam

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:47 am
Unless he means Lavender Wiccan, as opposed to Indigo Child. Hey look, Im special because I have a lavender aura. eek  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:54 am
Never heard of it. Is it the name of his tradition or coven?  

Greeneyed_falcon

Annalixa

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 11:42 am
The only stuff that comes up for "lavender Wicca" on Google are products for sale that are lavender-scented "Wicca" stuff: incense, etc.  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:51 pm
I know things like Lavender Law that are organizations or conferences created to support queer rights. But I would have no idea what that would mean in a "Wicca" context.  

TheDisreputableDog

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 11:38 pm
sweatdrop I ment lavander......sorry.

I thought of the indigo child angle too but it might also be a gay thing because he is gay. Personaly the first thing I thought of when I heard it was that it sounded fluffy, or that he was trying to be different by creating a name for his path.  
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 2:48 pm
hi im paganprincess666. i have been a witch for some time now and have never heard of this.... it sounds interesting though. what does yur man say is the basic concept of this new branch of the old ways? question cool  

paganprincess666

With Motion

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 3:16 pm
paganprincess666
hi im paganprincess666. i have been a witch for some time now and have never heard of this.... it sounds interesting though. what does yur man say is the basic concept of this new branch of the old ways? question cool
Wicca is a 60 year old religion. It is hardly "old".  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 10:23 pm
paganprincess666

He didn't....That is what I was trying to find out.  

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100

80s_Queen

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 12:03 pm
[Eshmasesh]
paganprincess666

however there were forms of wicca that came close long before that. wicca just happens to have branched off, that's all 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 4:57 pm
80s_Queen
[Eshmasesh]
paganprincess666

however there were forms of wicca that came close long before that. wicca just happens to have branched off, that's all 3nodding

No, sorry your off the mark there.
There was Witchcraft before and it was too loose and without definition to be traditional outside of a small geographical area. There is also little evidance that anything before had any sort of religous worship.
What is known as Wicca today did not branch off anything. It is an emmalgam of a number of different things that were put togeather for the first time by Gerald Gardner and therefore dates only as far back as the 1950's.  

scorplett

Blessed Regular

6,600 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

paganprincess666

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 12:27 pm
when i said old ways i was referring to all forms of paganism and witchcraft not one specific type. sorry i didn't make that clear.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:35 am
Maybe it's like the opposite of the Dianics...  

Kaylara-Nightshade

Sir_Catherine

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:12 pm
I work at a Barnes and Noble book store and have never come cross the term "lavender wiccan" in any book title or synopsis.

My reflexive thoughts were 1) fluffy bunny and 2) 'indigo child'.

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games