Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Eating habits

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

spiitze

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:54 pm
Okay. So during the past week or so, I've been paying more attention to what I eat. And I've noticed how unhealthy I am . Here's an example of what I eat

Breakfast - Nothing
Lunch- Nothing , maybe a few chips, or a muffin, or soda, but usually not
After school- Kraft Dinner, Soda, Chips, cookie, banana, chocolate...random crap
Supper- spaghetti and meatballs, bread
After supper- juice & a bun

So...yeah

Very unhealthy, I know. So what can I do to change it?  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:47 pm
As for breakfast, it's hard to suggest anything 'cause I don't know how rushed you are in the morning or whatever. But just make sure you get breakfast-y foods when you go to the grocery store and make sure you eat them. I usually have either a nutri-grain bar, a nature valley granola bar, half an onion bagel (did you know that a whole normal sized bagel is actually 5 servings of bread?! eek ) without cream cheese (the onion is for flavor, and the no cream cheese is not only 'cause I'm pretty sure it's fatty but I also find it disgusting >_>), or a cup of dannon light yogurt. I also like cereal & milk (skim milk, of course... it's actually pretty good 3nodding ) if I have time, but all the previous things are eatable in the car (though I don't condone eating while driving... blaugh ).

For lunch, again, I don't know your situation (I'm gonna go and assume you're in high school, but there are plenty of college/work people here...), pack a lunch! My favorite pack-able lunches are either any salad, a PB&J sandwich, pasta (with marinara, not ... that other thing.. alfredo? it's gross, don't worry about it. >_> i also only suggest this if you have microwave access), a grilled chicken breast (again, microwave). I also usually throw in some munchy thing like carrots or dried fruit or rice cakes or fruit snacks.

Snacks, um... they're my main problem, but I can still give advice even if I don't always follow it, right? >_> I snack too much. But, uh, the best way to go about not eating unhealthy things is just not to keep them in the house at all. Not always possible, but it helps alot. I suggest rice cakes or pretzels 'cause they're like chips but a lot healthier. Also fresh fruit is reeeeally good, my reccomendations are pineapples and apples and mangoes. If you need something dessert-y, rice krispie treats are relatively low-fat and low-cal (plenty of sugar, though...) and I also recently found these really yummy ice cream sandwiches, only they're some soy thing instead of ice cream. Low fat and stuff.

The only real thing I can suggest for supper is to avoid fried stuff.

Hope that helps! Wow, I didn't realize I wrote that much... Oh, and also don't get too worried if you have an off day (or a few off days...), it happens to everyone, just don't dwell on it and don't give up and get back on track as soon as possible. Good luck, you can do it! biggrin

Edit: Rofl, I just found an awesome way to distract yourself from excess eating. If you get hungry for junk food or whatever, just play this game: http://www.ferryhalim.com/orisinal/g3/bells.htm It's SOOOO ADDICTING, and by the time you're done playing it, you won't even remember why you started playing it in the first place. xd  

__penguin__
Captain

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:07 pm
Here's a trick I learned lately: Within 15 minutes of waking up, be sure to drink something and to eat something. You probably have dinner not much later than 8pm, so from 8pm until about 6am when you probably wake up, that's 10 hours of not eating. Your body's metabolism will shut down and refuse to burn calories if you do that! Your body thinks it's starving, so it'll hoard every calorie as fat, as a way to guard itself against the famine it thinks it is experiencing.

So when you first wake up, have a piece of fruit or a granola bar (you can eat these in the car or on the school bus, if you're in a hurry). Wash it down with water, milk, or soymilk.

Don't skip meals -- it's the same thing, your body will stop burning calories because it thinks you're starving. At the VERY least, have a piece of fruit and a little bit of water or milk every three to five hours, maybe between classes, or while other people are going out for a coffee break or smoke break.

Have a fruit or vegetable with every meal, preferably at the start of your meal. It's the healthiest thing, very tasty, and will fill you up so you'll need to eat less of the more calorie-intense foods like starches and proteins.

I posted the Good Health Guidelines from Weight Watchers in my Weight Watchers Discussion thread in this guild. If you follow them, I promise you'll lose weight. Plus, eating all those veggies and drinking all that water will make your skin just beautiful.  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games